forum

Post your osu! fan art!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Gabi

cloviastudio wrote:

Hi there!
Just discovered the fanart menu today so here I am!

I don't have time to colour it these days so I thought I'd just post the rough pic.
Feel free to do some colouring if you like :)
This is great, i love the style, nice job
IppE

cloviastudio wrote:

Hi there!

I don't have time to colour it these days so I thought I'd just post the rough pic.
So I tried to color it, but alas I cannot into arts so its bit meh

Anyone want to improve on/fix it up/etc. go right ahead.
Quaraezha
That's hawt.
I love it. Both the sketch and color <3
Daru

Quaraezha wrote:

That's hawt.
I love it. Both the sketch and color <3
I second this notion. :D
Nekoroll
:D Good job both of you. I like this developed Pippi. <3
awp

cloviastudio wrote:

Do you have a PSD file or anything like that where the ink is separate from the BG layer?
Daru
Aye, original .psd would be preferable, but until then, here's my lineart separation:

cloviastudio

IppE602 wrote:

cloviastudio wrote:

Hi there!

So I tried to color it, but alas I cannot into arts so its bit meh

Anyone want to improve on/fix it up/etc. go right ahead.
This is AWESOME! Thanks for the coloring.

I thought I wouldn't color it so the JPG I posted is the only file I've got right now.
But Daru's lineart separation looks perfect so I guess that will be the one I'd go for =)

I didn't expect so many comments so thanks guys!! :) :)
awp
Still looks pretty good. I might have at it one of these days, though don't expect any better results than Ippe's
Daru
I've got some time now that I'm done with my Madoka fanart.

*cracks knuckles*

EDIT:
Hm, working at low resolution is refreshing, somehow.
Also, I hope I didn't overdo it on lighting - I was working with some strong lighting previously.

Quaraezha

Daru wrote:

Also, I hope I didn't overdo it on lighting - I was working with some strong lighting previously.
Naw, it's cool bro.
Since it has a black background, the lighting gives it a nice contrast.
ampzz
Wouldn't mind having this particular Pippi as a widescreen (1920x1080) wallpaper to be honest, it looks fairly awesome.
Luna

ampzz wrote:

Wouldn't mind having this particular Pippi as a widescreen (1920x1080) wallpaper to be honest, it looks fairly awesome.
this

Also, I'd prefer the background just a tiny bit brighter because her hair kinda blends in, but it still really looks amazing <3

/E: Just made it my wallpaper, it looks pretty cool <3
awp
She's still a

traaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamp
Daru

ampzz wrote:

Pippi as a widescreen

Also, if you want, here's my .psd: http://puu.sh/39MS
Kitsunemimi

Daru wrote:

ampzz wrote:

Pippi as a widescreen
Her head needs to be 16:9
Shellghost
New comboburst
tyrael6192
So, i decided to stop lurking in this thread (and the forums in general) and tried to make a contribution... Make of it what you will xD Take into account that my anime face/anime in general drawing skills are lacking hugely...

FACE SUCKS AND NO SCARF. I'm so sorry T.T
Quaraezha
awp
use of colour/lighting is interesting though. The face certainly looks off, yes (the left eye is too big). Most of it looks good (particularly the top imo - that's a nice zipper) so I'm wondering what the story there is.

"Take into account that my anime face/anime in general drawing skills are lacking hugely..."

If that is the case I don't think you should try and conform to that style (it is not "the official style" or anything). I agree that you're "not really an artist" if you never leave your comfort zone and just stick to one style so it's important for growth that you try new things and this hopefully served as good practice. But I'm curious as to how you'd draw her if you were doing it some other way.
tyrael6192
You don't wanna know what she's doing with her left hand...
@James - uhmmm... idunno. I guess i'm just accustomed to traditional art, and i'm trying to imitate a shading style that i'm not too familiar with (yet... muahahha)
awp
wedgie
tyrael6192
I was thinking something a bit more... yeah... but now i look at it, all i can see is 'WEDGIE'. Damn it, i suck at poses.

No w8, i was going for the wedgie. That way it looks like i didn't fail. >=D
Quaraezha
Maybe you should use an anatomy or something or maybe use some poses template.
You did a good job on coloring.
tyrael6192
Thanks <3
Daru

tyrael6192 wrote:

i'm trying to imitate a shading style
You don't want to analyze particulars of a style before you've gone over the basics. Color theory, light behavior, etc. should all come before style, because imitating style without first learning the underlying technique will get you into bad habits.

For example, if you tried to build a house by looking only at the outside, you'd end up with something that kinda looks like that house, but without knowledge of the foundation, it's going to fall down pretty fast. On the other hand, if you study how to make a sturdy building in general, and all the inner workings of it, then go back and apply that knowledge to making a house, then you'll end up with a much nicer, non-collapsing result. As odd as it may sound, stop drawing anime to get better at your anime. Draw realism, from life. Draw your friends in realism, and draw that hawt picture of Megan Fox from a magazine or online. Start from the inside-out, not from the outside-in.

About color and general drawing, check out this tutorial: http://www.itchstudios.com/psg/art_tut.htm

Regarding your picture, it's not bad. :) Everybody starts somewhere, and we're all constantly getting better, so if you don't like it, just aspire to do better next time. With each revolution of your drill, you move forward. Don't believe in yourself, believe in me who believes in you. It is your drill that will pierce the heavens!
tyrael6192
Thank you for your inspiring words... I shall set out a journey of... stuff...?

But yeah, i get where you're coming from - i need to get teh stuff nailed down. In my head. I mean, when it comes to drawing from observation, i feel much more relaxed and can make something semi-decent - but with trying to make stuff up i just blank and end up with a canvas full of fail, because i don't know what i'm drawing or how i should be drawing it. This theory stuff always seemed so trivial, but apparently it's not. I just wish we actually did this kinda stuff in Art lessons... -.-
cloviastudio
Got a few hours today and here's my coloring =)

And here's the PNG without the background.

Do what ever u want to do w/ her... em, I mean wallpapers :D

Btw I really love Daru's dynamic lighting!
Wish I could do something like that...
tyrael6192
How are you so awesome

TTTTT_TTTTT
Daru
Theory isn't trivial, though it becomes second nature once you truly understand it, which is why it may seem so.

Don't worry about a canvas full of fail, too. You've gotta fail first before you get better, after all. One of the reasons why I like sketching with my tablet more than on paper is because if it turns out bad, I can just delete the layer instead of having to rip the page out of my sketchbook or something.

EDIT:
@cloviastudio
Oooh! I like that. :D
I've been trying to incorporate my lineart more fluidly into the picture, like what you did there.
cloviastudio

tyrael6192 wrote:

How are you so awesome

TTTTT_TTTTT
LOL thanks!!!!!

Daru wrote:

Oooh! I like that. :D
I've been trying to incorporate my lineart more fluidly into the picture, like what you did there.
I simply did't draw the lineart.
Drawing directly on the rough pic sometimes works better. Saves time as well.

tyrael6192 wrote:

Thank you for your inspiring words... I shall set out a journey of... stuff...?

But yeah, i get where you're coming from - i need to get teh stuff nailed down. In my head. I mean, when it comes to drawing from observation, i feel much more relaxed and can make something semi-decent - but with trying to make stuff up i just blank and end up with a canvas full of fail, because i don't know what i'm drawing or how i should be drawing it. This theory stuff always seemed so trivial, but apparently it's not. I just wish we actually did this kinda stuff in Art lessons... -.-
your lighting and the 'feeling of the character' is not bad!
I would suggest pay attention to the balance.
I mean, make sure the left side and the right side are the same.

Imitating is somewhat helpful but you do need some basic knowledge to master that kind of style, etc.
I agree with Daru that a canvas full of fail is nothing. It's better than a blank canvas :D
Daru

cloviastudio wrote:

Ah, I see.
Still, though, you have a semblance of line in the picture - around the waist and arms for instance. I'd very much like to improve my linework; I don't quite like how I handle it, though experiments with other styles have typically gone awry for me.

Also, try not to double-post on this forum. If you need to add something, edit it into your previous post instead of making a new one. ;)
Quaraezha

cloviastudio wrote:

Got a few hours today and here's my coloring =)

Do what ever u want to do w/ her... em, I mean wallpapers :D

Btw I really love Daru's dynamic lighting!
Wish I could do something like that...
holy fuck that's awesome
cloviastudio

Daru wrote:

cloviastudio wrote:

Ah, I see.
Still, though, you have a semblance of line in the picture - around the waist and arms for instance. I'd very much like to improve my linework; I don't quite like how I handle it, though experiments with other styles have typically gone awry for me.

Also, try not to double-post on this forum. If you need to add something, edit it into your previous post instead of making a new one. ;)
Oops sorry, I'll pay attention next time. >double-post

I agree that linework is quite tricky. Sometimes I draw it sometimes I don't... depends on the content.
People say that if u want to master linework u need to do thousands of quick sketches. Oh well.

Quaraezha wrote:

holy fuck that's awesome
Thanxxx :)
Quaraezha
Wow, just wow.
Took a peek at http://cloviastudio.net/ and holy crap

You have an Illustration Book?
These artworks are amazing.
cloviastudio

Quaraezha wrote:

Wow, just wow.

Gyaaaaa the English part of my website is almost empty I apologize for that. >:(
I'm mainly using the Japanese part right now.

I do have an illustration book - or doujinshi - of Touhou Project published in Japan earlier this year. Still on sale.
Commercial illustration is part of my job as well =)
Quaraezha
I've browsed all the language parts. Ignoring all texts and just staring at the artworks. lol
But seriously, these are amazing. And thanks for the pippi colored render. I'll go make a wallpaper.
Daru

Quaraezha wrote:

Wow, just wow.

Agreed. :D

I wish I could make any money with my arts. :P
Publishing doujin is rather intimidating to me.
cloviastudio

Quaraezha wrote:

I've browsed all the language parts. Ignoring all texts and just staring at the artworks. lol
But seriously, these are amazing. And thanks for the pippi colored render. I'll go make a wallpaper.
Thanks for your patience! :)
I was thinking about uploading more pics onto the website...all the time.
Soooooo looking forward to the wallpaper!!

Daru wrote:

I wish I could make any money with my arts. :P
Publishing doujin is rather intimidating to me.
It is hard - for that I'm not living in Japan.
There's seldom any market for this kind of things in Britain.

I like your landscape paintings in dA. There are loads of anime events in the states and I'm sure u can give it a try!
Quaraezha
Alright done. Made something simple.
Just made 5 resolutions.

Go ahead and request a resolution.
show more