1. osu! forums
  2. Other
  3. Art

show more
posted
it's not manly enough to be our wild pigeon

but goddamn is that thing adorable
posted

Sander-Don wrote:

this should be the new pippy, current one is ugly.
am i the only one that agrees?
posted
Yes.
posted

mathexpert9981 wrote:

Sander-Don wrote:

this should be the new pippy, current one is ugly.
am i the only one that agrees?
It was an interesting piece of fanart, but I think it's way too complicated a design to be used for osu!, especially considering that Pippi looks like she is trying to fit into the simple EBA and Ouendan character styles. A cute, unique and easily recognizable little character is what would work best for osu!'s straightforward and simple design, not an overengineered gelatinous blob of pink.
posted

failboat wrote:

its those damn birds again
Birds are weird
posted
Guys I think the current pippi is fine, Ive never think of it as the new pippi o_O I just thought is was fun to draw it...
posted

_Hitagi_ wrote:

Guys I think the current pippi is fine, Ive never think of it as the new pippi o_O I just thought is was fun to draw it...
I like it. I also like MM201's suggestion that she'd be one of Pippi's backup dancers.
posted


I felt obliged to do this.
posted
lol.
posted
Oh god derp.



I call it: Blank face Pippi with long skirt and no walrus.
posted
cute
posted
Pippi drawn by me. :3


Uh, I forgot to draw the star on her top.
Now I'm too lazy to edit it. o3o

Deviantart: http://ame023.deviantart.com/art/Pippi-201184710
posted
Her breasts appear to be growing! Marvelous!
posted
you should study some anatomy

her torso looks really really really long



its cute tho, and nicely made, just the body that looks really wonky

You could most likely move up the hips more then 30% of her torso upwards
posted

_Hitagi_ wrote:

Hiya! I made this Is not that good Y-Y but I hope you guys like it P: My Osu! girl <3
I like this a lot
posted

failboat wrote:

you should study some anatomy

her torso looks really really really long
Yeah, I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. The face also looks kind of flat to me. The hands look good; that's always a tough one for me
posted
General tip:
To get better at drawing anime, stop drawing anime.

It's derived from realism in that it's a stylized representation of what we see in real life. It breaks a few rules to accommodate this stylization which is what results in the unique visual appearance of anime. However, one must first know the rules in order to break them, and the study of realism will lay a sound foundation from which you can build upon.
posted

Daru wrote:

General tip:
To get better at drawing anime, stop drawing anime.

It's derived from realism in that it's a stylized representation of what we see in real life. It breaks a few rules to accommodate this stylization which is what results in the unique visual appearance of anime. However, one must first know the rules in order to break them, and the study of realism will lay a sound foundation from which you can build upon.
8-)

I remember those words from what seemed eons ago. Wow.
posted
Its very true. Study proper anatomy, never anime anatomy.
posted
I want to be proficient in realistic artwork, so I'm going to draw lots of anime girls until I have a strong understanding of what not to do.
show more
Please sign in to reply.