forum

The Random Thought Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kyonko Hizara
"The mourning of crossing demons as they go through as what their destiny had told them to do. But for Torenka, I had the want to bring her back. She couldn't die just yet...."
-Torias
Topic Starter
_MLX3
Work was so damn busy today!! Time to play some osu! because it's nice and warm (well.. warmer than the last week or two)!
Wojjan
If you get on the bus through the front door, you're closer to your destination! ' v'
Jarby

silverboxer wrote:

I hate when people get on the bus through the back door
Topic Starter
_MLX3
Shit. Food in my teeth again -.-
Cyclohexane

silverboxer wrote:

I hate when people get on the bus through the back door to avoid paying. They're on my list of people to double-foot drop kick in the face.
Here you get fined if you do that, so people don't usually do it
Maraiga
Silly cat bitting my feet aaaah
Aeidxst
Damn, I have to draw 10 pairs of shoes and deliver it tomorrow. And sure it will be a pain in the ass to me.
Scarlet Devil_old_1
I hate the sun
Kaona
I can finally relax.
Kyonko Hizara
I believe that anyone that has a username fully consisting of multiple numbers, that username is a phone number
SapphireGhost
I'm going to try to think of a way to rate maps objectively based on my subjective opinions, somewhat based off of NatsumeRin's judging queue. It's magical!

Rough Draft
Gameplay Is it fun and intuitive to play?
30/100

Visual Appeal Is it visually pleasing and clean in a way that supports the map?
25/100

Creativity Is it different from other maps in some way, and use interesting patterns?
20/100

Beat Placement Are the beats placed in a manner that makes sense for the song and are comfortable to play?
15/100

Other Skin, storyboarding, combo colours, other exceptional qualities
10/100

Well, that added up nicely. I'll try to apply it to maps sometime when I am bored.
amatsuki - Setsuna Plus (Moment)
Map: amatsuki - Setsuna Plus [Moment]
Creator: SapphireGhost
Total Score: 88/100

Gameplay 27/30
Overall the flow is good and it plays smoothly, however there are still some moments where the jumps could be cleaned up to improve the map (-3).

Visual Appeal 23/25
Sliders are well constructed, apart from a few blankets that could use reworking (-2).

Creativity 13/20
Sadly since the map is more of a concept map for the mapper's attempt to use jumps, it lacks creativity throughout (-7). Good points include the transition into the final chorus and use of hitsounds were a plus.

Beat Placement 15/15
All good here. The beats are placed very comfortably and it works with the song.

Other 10/10
Combo colours are taken directly from the BG and there are several fun qualities of the object count/maximum combo. Nothing to deduct here.
Greemotion - Over the Snow (Snowy)
Map: Greemotion - Over the Snow [Snowy]
Creator: eldnl & ErufenRito
Total Score: 74/100

Gameplay 18/30
Considering the low BPM, it is difficult to make a fun and engaging map. The difficulty settings seem to imply a Hard, while the mapping implies a Normal (-2). I was a bit disappointed at the amount of empty space that could have been occupied by sliders (-3). There wasn't much variation in the patterns (-4) and the flow could have been better in some points (-2). The slowdown in the map is also done too abruptly, which was a minor issue (-1). On a more positive note, I was glad to see no overmapping of the slow song.

Visual Appeal 22/25
All the sliders were clean and the patterns were readable. However, there were no particularly impressive or memorable sliders (-3).

Creativity 15/20
The map complemented the song well, and there weren't too many opportunities to go for something really creative and different. Even considering that, other creative techniques such as slider velocity changes could have probably still been used and worked, so it could have gone further with creativity (-5).

Beat Placement 11/15
For the most part, the beats are placed nicely. However, they can be too sparsely paced (-2), there was no particular structure (-1) and one pattern using 1/4 felt a bit out of place (-1).

Other 8/10
The collab names are unexciting but accomplish their purpose. The combo colours are about what you would expect. Still, nothing particularly out of the ordinary (-2).
Topic Starter
_MLX3
I feel thirsty... Too lazy to get a drink.
Cyclohexane

SapphireGhost wrote:

I'm going to try to think of a way to rate maps objectively based on my subjective opinions, somewhat based off of NatsumeRin's judging queue. It's magical!

Rough Draft
Gameplay Is it fun and intuitive to play?
30/100

Visual Appeal Is it visually pleasing and clean in a way that supports the map?
25/100

Creativity Is it different from other maps in some way, and use interesting patterns?
20/100

Beat Placement Are the beats placed in a manner that makes sense for the song and are comfortable to play?
15/100

Other Skin, storyboarding, combo colours, difficulty settings, other exceptional qualities
10/100

Well, that added up nicely. I'll try to apply it to maps sometime when I am bored.
The only thing I have against that is that a map cannot virtually get 100/100 without having everything next to perfect on it, and I'd give the perfect note to many maps out there that don't have that, just because the gameplay experience was so good.
Stirring An Autumn Moon or Chaotic for example.

I like my grading to be arbitrary.
Babukus

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

I believe that anyone that has a username fully consisting of multiple numbers, that username is a phone number
Have you tried calling? It'd be funny if it was true, cause I don't ever see people do that.
"How do you know my number?" - "It was your username".
Scarlet Devil_old_1
It's so cold in my room that I can barely see my breath. I should turn the air conditioner off... :?
Agnes
My soul feels clean.
Maelstrom
Water is sloshy
Restless Spirit
This was THE saddest scene in all of Ghost In The Shell. ;__;
Kyonko Hizara
Dio is best waifu
Topic Starter
_MLX3
Today was really busy. Looks like tonight will be, too!
Hika
i should sleep cuz like my exam starts at 8am but i'm playing league 8-)
wonder why I've been doing this lately
dkun
if I could turn back time..
Topic Starter
_MLX3

dkun wrote:

if I could turn back time..