forum

C.H.S - kettlemate

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
rintaun
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, May 16, 2009 at 9:35:09 PM

Artist: C.H.S
Title: kettlemate
Tags: t+pazolite
BPM: 300
Filesize: 5745kb
Play Time: 02:09
Difficulties Available:
  1. Pianotronica (4.83 stars, 611 notes)
Download: C.H.S - kettlemate
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
I started working on this, but it's not quite done yet. This is my first beatmap, so I'm sure it has a lot of problems, and I'm open to suggestions and constructive criticism. Your input is appreciated!

Keep in mind that after the short break, the notes are random. This isn't, of course, how they will be in the final version. I just timed them and haven't gotten around to arranging them yet. That and I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to arrange them.

I really like this song a lot, but I must admit it's a bit repetetive, and I feel like having the same pattern over and over again is extremely boring.

Thanks in advance!

Also, I do plan on making an easier difficulty for this song, but haven't gotten around to starting it yet.

UPDATE: I fixed up the random bits, and just repeated the old pattern over again. I might go back and re-evaluate that because again, I feel like it isn't interesting having the same pattern over and over again. Anyway, let me know what you think.
Nachy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
All I have to say about this beatmap is.. repetitiveness, much? I kept seeing the same thing over and over throughout most of the beatmap. Try spicing it up a bit more. It's good to see something, but when it's used over and over again, it just gets boring.
Topic Starter
rintaun
Yeah, I got that feeling myself and I'm working on spicing it up, but I figured repetetiveness was better than having randomly-placed notes.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
At least they weren't placed all over the place with a lot of weird spacing in it. ;)
adam2046
Definitley work on not repeating the exact thing 700 times.
I'm not sure why you used a bpm of 300 instead of 150, also there aren't alot of sliders in this are there?
And if you're going to repeat something like that you could atleast mix up the paterns instead of copying and pasting over and over and over and over and etc.
Offset seems fine.
Do you REALLY need that many bookmarks?
Topic Starter
rintaun
Hmm, I originally used 150, but then switched it to 300. I'll go back and look at it to try to figure out why. Yeah, I know I shouldn't repeat like that. I really just wanted to have something that wasn't randomly spaced to start off with. I do plan on going back and changing the patterns, adding more sliders and the like.

As for the bookmarks, I'm not really sure what most people use them for, but I was just marking what I heard as key points in the song, where patterns repeat and such. Does it really make a difference?

Anyway, thanks for your input. :)
adam2046
Nah I'm just kinda weirded out by that many bookmarks, though it's not as bad as rapidlslayer's colloseum (They were EVERYWHERE!)
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.