forum

[Archived] Mania beatmap randomly goes off-sync

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DemonKiller756
Problem details:
I was building my beatmap today, and finally finished. I was really happy to have finally finished it off, Ive been working on it the past week. but I realized the bpm was a little off so I went and changed it real quick to see if I had fixed it. But then when I played the song, the notes were way off! I have no idea what caused it as the only thing I changed was the bpm. I even changed it back, and it was still broken. This happened before but I was able to leave and click don't save and it was okay again. But I can't do that now, as it already got saved when I tried playing it. I really need help, as it is extremely demotivating for this to happen.

EDIT: it starts off okay, but then progressively gets farther and farther off sync
Death
If you changed one of the timing points in your map to be a different BPM, the notes probably aren't snapped properly anymore. Open the map in the editor and click Timing > Resnap all notes.
Topic Starter
DemonKiller756
Just tried that and it did nothing. It like the sliders are coming at a faster rate than they were before.
Death
Then it's possible your maps timing point still has the wrong BPM or offset.
Topic Starter
DemonKiller756
It never had an offset. I changed the bpm back to what it originally was. In fact, I only ever changed the bpm up by 2. I also tried changing the offset, but it literally did nothing. Everything was still synced off. Albeit, I am new to the editor. So I don't know I the offset increments are in seconds or milliseconds. But it appeared to do nothing. And even if the offset was changed, that wouldn't matter. it progressively becomes off sync. so the beginning is on sync, and it eventually becomes farther and farther off sync. So I could change the offset to make the end sync, but the beginning would then be way off.

All my hard work is lost. Im very pissed off rn. Not only is sync way off - but on closer inspection random notes in the song have been changed and moved too! Why did I let this happen? Im going to have to restart.
Death
If you are positive your BPM is correct you don't need to start over, you just need to move the notes back to where they are supposed to be? I can't imagine that would be slower than starting from scratch...

The offset is in milliseconds and changing the BPM even slightly will compound into your map becoming more and more out of sync the further you get.