forum

[resolved] Osu wont open at all

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SenpaiPieKun
Problem details:i was playing a map on osu! and then it crashed and then i tried to open it and it doesnt even open and i ran test logs that said: 0009:err:environ:run_wineboot failed to start wineboot c00000e5
0009:fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
0009:fixme:ntdll:FILE_GetNtStatus Converting errno 8 to STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL
000f:err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
000f:err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow The explorer process failed to start.
Error opening terminal: unknown.
can someone help me please!?
i just wanna play osu! :(

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20210316 (latest)
Death
What OS are you using?
Topic Starter
SenpaiPieKun

Death wrote:

What OS are you using?
im using 10.15.5 and im on a MacOS Catalina
Death
Which mac release did you download (i.e. where did you download osu! from)? Have you tried restarting your computer?
Topic Starter
SenpaiPieKun
i dont remember what mac release i downloaded but im pretty sure i downloaded the latest version from 2 months ago and here are the 2 links i used to learn how to download osu! on Mac:
wiki/da/Installation/macOS

community/forums/topics/1106057

i have tried restarting my computer, i tried it as soon as my osu! crashed but it didnt work. Should i check if my mac needs to update, and if it does need to update, should i do it?
Death
You can probably try that. A quicker solution might be to just redownload the game from the that second link you posted to see if it works. I believe you should be able to have two copies of osu! on your computer, even if you are on a mac.

If it does work you can just transfer the files over from the old version of the game you had into the new one.
Topic Starter
SenpaiPieKun

Death wrote:

You can probably try that. A quicker solution might be to just redownload the game from the that second link you posted to see if it works. I believe you should be able to have two copies of osu! on your computer, even if you are on a mac.

If it does work you can just transfer the files over from the old version of the game you had into the new one.
what exactly do i need to do to transfer the files over to the new one? sorry i havent done something like before
Death
I'd first find out if the new version works.

If it does though, you can right click on the old osu! application, hit Show Package Contents, and then navigate to your osu! folder and transfer the files in there over to the new osu! app that you downloaded.

There are slightly more detailed steps in the forum thread you linked under the Installation section called "Transferring Data"
Topic Starter
SenpaiPieKun

Death wrote:

I'd first find out if the new version works.

If it does though, you can right click on the old osu! application, hit Show Package Contents, and then navigate to your osu! folder and transfer the files in there over to the new osu! app that you downloaded.

There are slightly more detailed steps in the forum thread you linked under the Installation section called "Transferring Data"
it worked, thanks so much for the help :)