[Archived] osz. file not opening

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
1234qpouen
Problem details:

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20210316 (latest)

When I wanted to download a beat map I accidentally pressed open with internet explorer instead of osu!. Now it always opens with internet explorer, I need help to make it work with osu!
Death
Right click on the file, select Open With, and then choose osu!. You'll also want to enable the "Always use this app to open .osz files" checkbox as well so you don't need to do that every time you try to open an osz file in the future.
Topic Starter
1234qpouen

Death wrote:

Right click on the file, select Open With, and then choose osu!. You'll also want to enable the "Always use this app to open .osz files" checkbox as well so you don't need to do that every time you try to open an osz file in the future.
That is the problem, osu! does not show up on the list...
Death
There should be a button that allows you to search for more apps on your PC. Click on that and then find your osu! install folder and select the osu!.exe file.
Topic Starter
1234qpouen

Death wrote:

There should be a button that allows you to search for more apps on your PC. Click on that and then find your osu! install folder and select the osu!.exe file.
Still not there.
Death
What do you mean not "there"? If "there" is referring to the list of programs Windows found to handle the file, that is not what I was referring to in my last post. There is another button that will open your file explorer and allow you to choose osu! directly from the files on your PC.

Please see this post for more details: community/forums/topics/652642?start=6298862