forum

Beatmaps generation/automation discussion

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SongshuKuai
I am a computer science university student, and I thought maybe i could give a hand to the Osu beatmap makers community, they do such hard work that could be helped with technology.

So until now the only mentionable thing is the generator made with machine learning techniques, I've seen the result and seems to me that sucks, might be perfectly on time, but it's way too far away from human made beatmaps.

So question for the beatmakers, is there any tool you would like to have to improve/time save the beatmap making process??

I was thinking something like recording a midi track on the song and let a generator to generate a map based on the midi (that the human record), or having a screen like interface where the maker play the map as it was there, and the generator record all the inputs and make the actual map.

Let's have a healthy discussion!
Sophie Twilight
My suggestions as a mapper:

(In priority)
1: All-points offset change
A system to change every timing/inherited points offsets by reducing or adding the number of current offsets. It is a huge pain to change the offset of each point one by one.
2: An AR-based curved slider structure
A system to automatically create a curved slider with perfect curve based on inserted AR-tick (The slider curves less if the inserted AR-tick is 2, than 1).
3. An AR-based spacing system
Just like in 2, but rather than spacing for curved sliders it is spacing in general.
abraker

SongshuKuai wrote:

I've seen the result and seems to me that sucks, might be perfectly on time, but it's way too far away from human made beatmaps.
The fact you mention that it "might be perfectly on time" is already something interesting. Perhaps making something that allows to automatically time maps? A lot of people including me have issues finding bpm, even more so when the bpm changes throughout map.
TheKingHenry

abraker wrote:

SongshuKuai wrote:

I've seen the result and seems to me that sucks, might be perfectly on time, but it's way too far away from human made beatmaps.
The fact you mention that it "might be perfectly on time" is already something interesting. Perhaps making something that allows to automatically time maps? A lot of people including me have issues finding bpm, even more so when the bpm changes throughout map.
I remember actually already seeing things like that, I think basing on waveform reading, but the issue was that they tended to be lacking in deciphering the necessary levels of simplification - or finding the existing spine of the song - and kept spamming red points for every minuscule things in the waves, resulting in red forests even for stable bpm songs. Then again, that was years ago and maybe things have improved since

@op, if you can create something that transforms the ideas from my head to a map, then we're talking :3c jk
SaltyLucario

- Mahiro - wrote:

1: All-points offset change
A system to change every timing/inherited points offsets by reducing or adding the number of current offsets. It is a huge pain to change the offset of each point one by one.
not sure if i understand correctly, but if i do then we already have this feature - you can ctrl+a in timing panel to select all red and green lines (or click with shift on individual lines to remove/add them to selection) and then you can move all selected lines by the same ammount
edit: not sure if its shift that does it i never paid attention :blobsweat: but you can do it
lewski

SaltyLucario wrote:

edit: not sure if its shift that does it i never paid attention :blobsweat: but you can do it
shift and ctrl both work, shift selects everything between your first and second selection while control lets you select single lines
Mathia

abraker wrote:

SongshuKuai wrote:

for single bpm i often use timing analizer, works really well imo and gives you also the offset

you can find it on the creator's page users/126198