forum

[resolved] Why am I not getting any pp?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
deannn
Problem details: Hello, I started osu! not long ago and I've been experiencing weird glitches(?) in osu! I would complete a map, lets say it gave me 7 pp (my average amount), but my total pp count wouldn't go up. I don't know if this is just me but I'm having a hard time ranking up because of this problem. However when I get around 12+ pp, only about 1 pp adds to my total pp count. I have no idea whats happening? Maybe there is a delay of pp getting added into my account? I don't know. If you know how to fix it, or know the reason of it please reply or feel free to pm me. I think maybe it's just me being dumb and not knowing the game well but, I'm curious.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: Well, I'm not sure how I can screenshot the problem...

osu! version: Stable 20210316 (latest)
Death
This is due to performance point weighting. You can read about how it works here: wiki/en/Performance_points#weightage-system
Topic Starter
deannn

Death wrote:

This is due to performance point weighting. You can read about how it works here: wiki/en/Performance_points#weightage-system
Thanks, now I know why am not getting pp. If this is how the system works, how come I'm experiencing this now but not before? Was this update recent? (I don't think so) Also how am I supposed to obtain pp now?
Death
This is how it has always worked. You are probably only noticing it now because you have very few scores and for quite a while you may have been able to continually gain performance points for playing relatively easy maps. You need to gradually play more difficult maps in order to keep gaining pp.
Topic Starter
deannn

Death wrote:

This is how it has always worked. You are probably only noticing it now because you have very few scores and for quite a while you may have been able to continually gain performance points for playing relatively easy maps. You need to gradually play more difficult maps in order to keep gaining pp.

Alright makes sense. I guess I'll play more 3 star maps. Thanks for your help!