forum

seeing who added you as a friend

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +10,624
show more
Nathanael

NaTha wrote:

rhonin77 wrote:

Peppy notice this
I noticed you instead ;)

Well anyway, this request has ups and downs for sure but imo it's a good idea to keep track of people who are adding you.
Not Jeef
To stop drama with the concept , let's have a follow and and a add friend (not sure if anyone mentioned this but whatever)

This way, popular people like www or cookiezi wouldn't be bombarded by friend request (yes ik www has too many friends)

Following means that you can see basically everything a person who has friended a user can see.

But most people of the internet are stupid, so a user can disable the ability to be added by someone. As in the user can add someone, and can't receive any request.

But in the sinario of 2 users that have receiving request disabled, the solution is to...uh still thinking about it.
Boooda
This needs to happen!
Sotarks
ayyyyy lmao
Kondou-Shinichi
Seems nice.
Xeo
I want to say this very clearly:
Why isn't this implemented already...?
Princess Jish
Idea is pretty fascinating, i'd love to see this actually. Doesn't seem bad. Upvote!
-[S]ikariio]-
Nice idea m8 10/10 +1
5urface
This would be really helpful!
Florrow
Plus one from me ^^
Lacrimae
bumpity bump
Bara-
Why is this still not a thing?
Etsu
I like your idea +1
Underforest

Bara- wrote:

Why is this still not a thing?
^
We want this added ;_;
Tycani

BrokenArrow wrote:

B-But I don't want people to know I'm stalking them.
XD same
Rhonin
In my opinion it should be a friend request (accept or reject) system, sounds better rite?
_bird

rhonin77 wrote:

In my opinion it should be a friend request (accept or reject) system, sounds better rite?
Exactly! Instead of both peers having to add each other it would be simpler for one person to add and the other to accept/reject. There is a massive problem with this though - the fact that friend requests don't appear means professional players or popular/important people (e.g Peppy, devs, mods) don't get spammed with random people wanting to be their friend. If requests were a thing, the amount of spam requests the top players would receive would be astronomical!

But the spam could be fixed by making it so as requests are done via the website through a section of your settings. The section could allow you to search for a specific player, deny all, block etc. This all links in with the original topic of this thread - seeing who added you. A little menu somewhere that shows you recent requests and time/date would be nice in my opinion but others would disagree, mostly because of spam.

menu concept
This took about 30 minutes to make but meh - sorry for any inconsistences :P
http://puu.sh/olS7G/68751ee11f.png
Rhonin

[ IsLegit ] wrote:

Exactly! Instead of both peers having to add each other it would be simpler for one person to add and the other to accept/reject. There is a massive problem with this though - the fact that friend requests don't appear means professional players or popular/important people (e.g Peppy, devs, mods) don't get spammed with random people wanting to be their friend. If requests were a thing, the amount of spam requests the top players would receive would be astronomical!

But the spam could be fixed by making it so as requests are done via the website through a section of your settings. The section could allow you to search for a specific player, deny all, block etc. This all links in with the original topic of this thread - seeing who added you. A little menu somewhere that shows you recent requests and time/date would be nice in my opinion but others would disagree, mostly because of spam.

menu concept
This took about 30 minutes to make but meh - sorry for any inconsistences :P
http://puu.sh/olS7G/68751ee11f.png
awesome, I hope osu! web designer/peppy would notice and implement this instead.
roby32
Amazing Idea :D
Etsu
+2 :D
mokyu
󠀡
-AngelicDragon
Neat addition
Tae
This would be useful ahaha
Kumiko Oumae
qq
Axon
add. this. please.
Agatsu
this is a nice idea
[ Dylan ]
Would love to see this implemented.
[ PhiL ]
Yea that would be cool =)
Luqanted
this request is so old and cool at the same time

why is peppy still not adding this
Villager-A
Hopefully we'll see something more interesting from the 'upcoming' friendship system. The actual one is only used to check if someone is connected or not which is imo not that useful to be honest..
CelegaS
seeing who added you as a friend:

i still don't really agree with this, just because i don't want to make osu! another social network. the current system is meant to be a bit gimped from the outset. i know some may not agree with this, but i'm not changing it just yet, sorry.
From peppy in reddit post

Rip shooted stars
ZenPie

Luqanted wrote:

this request is so old and cool at the same time

why is peppy still not adding this
To protect stalkers
vitail
i like this idea
Sarat
I really want this update too :3 The main think I don't like about Osu! is the friends system :C
Kyozoru
I agree for this one, it's more unique seeing who added you as a friend in-game, or maybe even in browser (notifications)
Maelstrrom
I think it should be optional.
Division to "add as a friend" and "send a friend request" would be better.
KaBluei
Back when I first added a friend, I had no flippin idea how it worked. lol
Jesper
Maybe a notification that someone wants to be your friend, like Facebook.
Remyria

- L I T H - wrote:

Maybe a notification that someone wants to be your friend, like Facebook.
if there's this, it HAS to be togglable, imagine how spammed players like cookiezi, Rafis or WWW would be <.<
NoodleSoupLover
Why is this Still not a thing. I personally think a doing what twitter does is better then the fb idea tho. WTH PEPE it's been 3 years.
show more