forum

seeing who added you as a friend

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +10,630
show more
LunarFox
Awesome!
Trompo
Would like this feature.
jimmyman3
Like the idea :)
no stars though ><
jyu
whoa so many stars o.o
Rayz141
i like the idea

take my invisible stars
Alarido
Me too ♥

The sentence would be something like: "This user has added you to its* friendlist" -- instead of something like "desired", "wanted" and so on.

Topic Starter
deadbeat

Alarido wrote:

The sentence would be something like: "This user has added you to their friends list"
fixed :p
TakuMii

Alarido wrote:

*Its is being used here as a non-specific gender pronoun.
You should be using the word "their" then. "Its" is used as a genderless pronoun, not a neutral gender pronoun.
Mira-san

deadbeat wrote:

Alarido wrote:

The sentence would be something like: "This user has added you to their friends list"
fixed :p
This actually sounds better than the former. Hmm. Pretty awesome idea.
Invisible stars.
puxtu

Rayz141 wrote:

i like the idea

take my invisible stars
yeah, take mine too
Iceskulls
I really like this idea and want this too
Full support
DevDuck
I think this would be a good idea :o
Green Platinum
If this is implemented I hope people who added you will appear on your setting's page aswell, It's quite rare to go to random userpages you haven't got added as friends especially if the person isn't highly ranked/similar rank.

Additionally I'd like to see a message when someone adds you in #userlog it makes me sad when I find out someone has added me but I didn't add them back. I'd also like to see other peoples friend lists despite it seeming extremely invasive. I just want to see https://osu.ppy.sh/u/3 friend list.
grumd
I think I see something here.

Timorisu

grumd wrote:

omfg
-PM-
This is what i really wanted request.
Good!
Howl
I star this.
Secretpipe

Timorisu wrote:

grumd wrote:

omfg
_Steve
+1
Wanted to suggest that too..
We totally need this :D
benguin
+1 star. I like this idea (^)>
Shivarion
Winek

Shivarion wrote:

Maybe with some notification like this :
I think it would be better a simple notification e.g Forum PM. You can decide yourself to add back or not, or simply ignore, or whatever.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
notifications are a different request fwiw
secretly asian
2 stars for you ;)
Winek

deadbeat wrote:

I mean that you get a little notification, whatever it is to know that this person addded you as a friend ; Just seeing who added you as a friend is pretty hard espacially if you don't even know who.

Bad Exemple:
Random person added Player to his friendlist, but friendlist get like no idea that he added as friend. 2 years later while visiting Random Person's profile, Player will finally accept Random person's friendship...

No really we need a somewhat little notification just to tell us that X added you to friend.
Oinari-sama

Winek wrote:

I mean that you get a little notification, whatever it is to know that this person addded you as a friend ; Just seeing who added you as a friend is pretty hard espacially if you don't even know who.

Bad Exemple:
Random person added Player to his friendlist, but friendlist get like no idea that he added as friend. 2 years later while visiting Random Person's profile, Player will finally accept Random person's friendship...

No really we need a somewhat little notification just to tell us that X added you to friend.

deadbeat wrote:

or maybe a separate section in this page to see who who added you https://osu.ppy.sh/p/friends
I reckon that's enough.
Pannari
Supporting!
Bara-
BUMP
-Atri-
Bump
Rackie
Actually was thinking of this today. This would be dope.
ZekeyHache
Ice Bear approves this.
Karuta-_old_1

deadbeat wrote:

the result is the same

any minute now
Tunio
Good idea ! I agree.
Brandiz
Very good idea indeed.
Mafumafu
This is really nice idea. Or at least have a list of your followers.
Caaarrrlll-Sama
I Like the idea, though maybe just receiving an automated PM from the person that added you saying something like "(Person) has added you as a friend" and then giving you the option to add them back could be an easier alternative although some of the top players might receive A LOT OF SPAM xD

Regraz wrote:

This is really nice idea. Or at least have a list of your followers.
best idea also xD
lifeshifter
I want this.
A d r i a n
i want this... just for curiosity xD
+4
[ Erika ]
I was thinking about this :D
show more