forum

resolution/file size for map's mp4?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Arccanist
I just tried 70mb xD my edit field starts lagging lmao, how low should I put at? and what is the majority size file do I need to put?
aiq
480p quality
Zelzatter Zero
maximum is 720p btw.

Also 70mb feels too large if it's a short song. Have you tried removing the audio?
Little
The maximum size that you can upload for the whole mapset (including audio, video, background, etc.) is 19MB. So your video needs to be smaller than that XD
Topic Starter
Arccanist

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

maximum is 720p btw.

Also 70mb feels too large if it's a short song. Have you tried removing the audio?
oh not yet sir
Zelzatter Zero

Little wrote:

The maximum size that you can upload for the whole mapset (including audio, video, background, etc.) is 19MB. So your video needs to be smaller than that XD
not really. The longer the duration you have mapped in the song the larger the filesize cap. For example - assuming you map the whole song already - a 3-min song can allow you to upload 35MB at max.

That being said, try to keep thing as optimized as possible without losing too much quality first.
Little
oh lol i remember it used to be hard capped somewhere around 25 or 30MB, and higher specifically if there was a diff named "Marathon" lol. but alas, times have changed.