forum

(Web) New replies notification on the Beatmaps section

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Gens
You know what I mean, right?

Well, actually, there IS a notification... on the Pending forum list.
I'd like to see this on my profile too.
I normally identify new replies by looking at the SP, but not every post is a star...

Something like this:

Darker = New replies
Lighter = No new replies
(Yes, MSPaint is awesome)
(Yes, it would be cool for Ranked beatmaps too)

Do you like?
vytalibus
I'm pretty neutral about this. I mean, it might be helpful if all the posts are mod posts, but there have been several maps where the only posts are "oh my gawd this is awesome", which isn't really helpful and is just a waste of time.
Ekaru
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann
I subscribe with email to all my maps...
0_o

LuigiHann wrote:

^

Still, I agree it would be nice to have some kind of notification on the site.. maybe have a section in your osu! inbox for topic notifications?
anonymous_old

0_o wrote:

LuigiHann wrote:

^

Still, I agree it would be nice to have some kind of notification on the site..
^

I like this idea, but maybe the change in colour isn't the way to go. Maybe a little icon like it is on the forum?
awp
I personally am in favour of the colour-scheme approach.
Topic Starter
Gens
Bidibidi bump-bump
rust45
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
You can already subscribe/bookmark topics. I don't see this being too useful?
Ekaru
I don't really use my email. Like, I check it once a month, now that I think about it... haven't checked it since school ended. >_>; I don't really use bookmarks, either.

It would be useful. I often look at the beatmap section of my profile to see if I've gotten any SP on my Pending maps, which is how I usually check to see if I got a reply. This would be more accurate, and apply to ranked maps, too.
Topic Starter
Gens
:(
peppy
Gabi

peppy wrote:

ok DONT FLAME ME im just gonna clarify

its a matter of lazyness. people cant bother subscribing/boomarking topics, then check their emails or PM's etc. they would rather just enter their profile then click on beatmaps which is much quicker.

im neutral on this.
0_o
meh, I just don't want emails from osu! whenever someone posts >_>

EDIT: what if we could get an automated IRC PM?
rust45

0_o wrote:

This actually sounds like a good idea, maybe if you're online BanchoBot just tells you and if you're offline you get an e-mail.
LuigiHann
that'd be cool.
Derekku
Personally I'd like the "lit up" boxes in the profile. XP
Kitsunemimi

Gabi wrote:

peppy wrote:

ok DONT FLAME ME im just gonna clarify

its a matter of lazyness. people cant bother subscribing/boomarking topics, then check their emails or PM's etc. they would rather just enter their profile then click on beatmaps which is much quicker.

im neutral on this.
This is true. I do subscribe but it isn't relaly useful unless you check your email before you check the thread itself. When you go into your profile into the beatmaps section, you'll automatically know if there's a reply.
Derekku
And for people with lots of ranked/pending/etc beatmaps (especially just pending), having to subscribe to all of them and getting a bunch of emails is just silly. :P
Topic Starter
Gens
Will you kill me if I bump this again?

Oh I just did. It's was the first page though, so I'll probably get killed by peppy.
Real1
I'm very much for this. I check my list of maps many times every day for replies. Much more often than I check my email. This would be useful for me, at least.
Topic Starter
Gens
Torran
This sounds helpful. Support!
anonymous_old
i Support this.
Krisom
I like that idea. I don't even check my mail anymore...
anonymous_old

0_o wrote:

meh, I just don't want emails from osu! whenever someone posts >_>

Lizbeth
i check my replies going to Prefs> Manage subscriptions or Manage bookmarks.
I dont have to check my mail or anything, and is easy to reach.
al2e10
That is helpful ~
I don't have to check my e-mial every time !!
SUPPORT !!!!
YGOkid8
support, because when I get 15 emails a day and have to go through every one of them...
show more