forum

goreshit - semantic compositions on death and its meaning

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
grumd
Original nature of dying had stack leniency 5, fixed.
Added a break there, yeah.
Don't know what's wrong with 01:16:696 - original n.o.d. had no kiai there.
Added kiai on looming shadow part.
Made the edgy sliders more consistent. Anyway I was just mapping it as I wanted without any deep thoughts about music changes there. When I thought that edgy thingy fits, I placed it. Didn't remove the sliders which don't fit anything "special", but changed parts when special sliders should better be placed.
Thanks for the mod!
Stefan
Star because Katze likes o'er the flood.

And because I like nature of of dying.

And because the Map is ;v; oAO (good)
Andrea
~General~
  1. I would try to add more tags if I were you like "remix long map challenge deathstreams high bpm" or some stuff like that.
~Mortem Sensum~
  1. 04:38:450 (6) - Unsnapped slider end, please make sure to resnap it properly.
  2. 10:46:467 (2,3,4) - I think it would be cool to stack this pattern to the previous one, something like this.
  3. 11:03:358 (1) - What do you think about adding a finish here? It would fit perfectly with the music background if you do.
  4. 11:07:277 (5) - Add a whistle on slider repeat to give a nice effect with the music, you can hear the "brrzz" effect, if we can call it like that.
  5. 11:11:061 (2) - Same as above for the same reason.
Nice map, good luck. ^^
[Luanny]

cheesiest wrote:

looming tree sounds like a pinball machine
what the fuck

also AHSDAHSDFAHFASAJDASGFGJAFJ PRO
Topic Starter
grumd
I really don't want to flood tags this time. I was even against "breakcore marathon", wanted to keep just the song names.
About that "unsnapped slider": it's not unsnapped. It's just because next red line starts earlier than the slider ends, so its end is snapped to previous timing.
Other than that, everything fixed. + added one more finish and couple of similar whistles.

Thanks for the mod :3
Andrea
You're welcome!

And anyways, yeah, I understand now.
jesse1412
IRC stuff
16:35 grumd: starting from 10:11:467 (1) -
16:36 jesus1412: 10:11:737 (2,3,4) -
16:36 jesus1412: spacing way too big
16:36 jesus1412: needs to be an easy to read start to get the beat going
16:36 grumd: this is already reduced lol
16:36 jesus1412: just make it really easy to read
16:37 grumd: yeah let's do it
16:39 jesus1412: 10:16:061 (2,3) -
16:39 jesus1412: that's a weird jump
16:39 jesus1412: not much else to say
16:39 jesus1412: nice job

Not much to comment on other than that, seemed good to me, nice job.
P o M u T a
#modreqs
03:54:064 ~ 05:20:017 i think green line all -1 offset down. so, little slip. (but,i not check all green line) i mean unsnap now.
02:38:626 (4) - (x:369 y:312) i think nazi.
02:39:152 (7) - (x:453 y:163) nazi.

god map.
Topic Starter
grumd
Changed stuff that jesus suggested. (looming intro mapping)
Fixed unsnapped green lines (by moving first red line 1ms later)
Fixed nazi aligning stuff.

Thanks guys!
Mismagius

fml
Topic Starter
grumd

Blue Dragon wrote:

fml
l2p
mancuso_JM_
Meh.. You asked me for a mod some time ago, so I'll do that. Just tiny things to point out

[General:]

• I think you are missing a SB element, in the last kiai of the map. According with the AiMod, you are missing the file looming1.jpg (well, I have the map since some days ago, maybe I need a redownload, but I need to point out that :P)

[Mortem Sensum:]

• 04:38:451 (6) - The slider end is unsnapped due to the change in the offset. In addition, fits properly with the music if you reduce this Slider in 1/4 (listen the music in 25% if you want) and then add a Note in 04:38:789. It will help you to fix this mistake
• 06:05:727 (1,2,3) - Ugh.. That 3/4 Slider usage, I really dislike them in the ranked map, so would be a great idea replacing that in this map. I personally think that the blue tick in 06:05:959 doesn't need an emphasize. I'd make the Slider (1) a 1/1 slider and add a Note in 06:06:191 (you can also add other note in 06:06:268 because I think that this blue tick needs an emphisize).
• 06:08:201 (1,2) - Another 3/4 that I personally dislike, my solution is similar as above, making (1) a 1/1 Slider and adding a note in 06:08:665
• 06:09:438 (1,2) - (^). I recommend you to reduce the slider (1) in 1/2, add a note in 06:09:670 and make the Slider (2) a 1/2 slider as well
• 06:13:149 (1,2) - This sounds bad to me too, in addition it is inconsistent with the pattern in 06:03:252 (2,3), the music sounds similar at this part. So I recommend you to make the Slider (1) a 1/1 Slider and then add a Note in 06:13:613
• 06:23:046 (1,2,3) - This pattern sounds incorrect too. There is no sound over the blue tick in 06:23:278. In this case, make this Slider (1) a 1/1 Slider and then add a Note in 06:23:587 (yes, over the blue tick).

- Basically the map plays fine, but these 3/4 should be replaced because they don't follow the music properly. I don't have any problem with 3/4 if they follow the music properly, I saw a lot of them in the 'the nature of dying', but in this song I don't know why you overused them.

Well, that's all.
Call me back for a recheck, but you must fix the points in 'Blue'.
Talk to me in-game if you want to discuss some point or something
Topic Starter
grumd
mancusojuanmattos
Meh.. You asked me for a mod some time ago, so I'll do that. Just tiny things to point out

[General:]

• I think you are missing a SB element, in the last kiai of the map. According with the AiMod, you are missing the file looming1.jpg (well, I have the map since some days ago, maybe I need a redownload, but I need to point out that :P)
yes you have to redownload

[Mortem Sensum:]

• 04:38:451 (6) - The slider end is unsnapped due to the change in the offset. In addition, fits properly with the music if you reduce this Slider in 1/4 (listen the music in 25% if you want) and then add a Note in 04:38:789. It will help you to fix this mistake
this slider represents the ending of the kiai part, followed with less intense and more relaxing slow part. the slider acts like a transition, therefore making it 3/4 with a note afterwards would not do the same role, would remove the tiny pause that was there before. additionally, the slider clearly follows the distortion sound, not the drums
• 06:05:727 (1,2,3) - Ugh.. That 3/4 Slider usage, I really dislike them in the ranked map, so would be a great idea replacing that in this map. I personally think that the blue tick in 06:05:959 doesn't need an emphasize. I'd make the Slider (1) a 1/1 slider and add a Note in 06:06:191 (you can also add other note in 06:06:268 because I think that this blue tick needs an emphisize).
this is a compilation, so replacing anything in already ranked parts would not be a good idea. it's about just compiling them, not remapping. actually, i like them really much, these 3/4, so that might be your own opinion, and opinions differ.
• 06:08:201 (1,2) - Another 3/4 that I personally dislike, my solution is similar as above, making (1) a 1/1 Slider and adding a note in 06:08:665
• 06:09:438 (1,2) - (^). I recommend you to reduce the slider (1) in 1/2, add a note in 06:09:670 and make the Slider (2) a 1/2 slider as well
• 06:13:149 (1,2) - This sounds bad to me too, in addition it is inconsistent with the pattern in 06:03:252 (2,3), the music sounds similar at this part. So I recommend you to make the Slider (1) a 1/1 Slider and then add a Note in 06:13:613
• 06:23:046 (1,2,3) - This pattern sounds incorrect too. There is no sound over the blue tick in 06:23:278. In this case, make this Slider (1) a 1/1 Slider and then add a Note in 06:23:587 (yes, over the blue tick).

- Basically the map plays fine, but these 3/4 should be replaced because they don't follow the music properly. I don't have any problem with 3/4 if they follow the music properly, I saw a lot of them in the 'the nature of dying', but in this song I don't know why you overused them.

Well, that's all.
Call me back for a recheck, but you must fix the points in 'Blue'.
Talk to me in-game if you want to discuss some point or something
So I'm not changing anything in the mapping for the sake of compilation, but thank you for the mod anyway!
Topic Starter
grumd
OMFG

Aka

grumd wrote:

l2p
Chyo-Kun

dkun wrote:

how to mod perfection
Topic Starter
grumd
ok so!
moved all sb elements in sb folder and changed some of the pictures to 1024x768 instead of 800x600 (sorry, can't do it widescreen).
waiting for secretpipe to recheck
Secretpipe
kk u revived ? excellent

here's what we changed :

1. greenlines and snapped notes
  2. sb???
  3. name of the diff
  4. and many things
I don't think it deserves a kudo but u deserve a booble man ~
Irreversible
suggested some small stuff, awesome work

bubble #2
Mismagius
kinda weird to see this get ranked before looming shadow lol
Topic Starter
grumd

Blue Dragon wrote:

kinda weird to see this get ranked before looming shadow lol
you said it before, ikr. but i don't see any objective reason for that now
Topic Starter
grumd
Just to prevent future complaints:
The end of slider 04:38:451 (6) - is not unsnapped. It's just because the new timing section that fixes the offset is placed just before the slider end. The slider end is snapped correctly to the timing section it was started on. We can't move the red line anywhere and we can't change the rhythm (because it would make the map worse). This unsnapped slider was also ranked and approved previously by several BATs (see https://osu.ppy.sh/s/49052). So I hope no one will come here to dequalify a map because AIMod is bitching.

Fixed unsnapped green lines and a bad stack that caused tons of combo breaks in original nature of dying map, thanks Aka!
Aka

\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ / / / / / / / /
Mismagius

grumd wrote:

The end of slider 04:38:451 (6) - is not unsnapped. It's just because the new timing section that fixes the offset is placed just before the slider end. The slider end is snapped correctly to the timing section it was started on. We can't move the red line anywhere and we can't change the rhythm (because it would make the map worse). This unsnapped slider was also ranked and approved previously by several BATs (see https://osu.ppy.sh/s/49052). So I hope no one will come here to dequalify a map because AIMod is bitching.

Fixed unsnapped green lines and a bad stack that caused tons of combo breaks in original nature of dying map, thanks Aka!
omg qat ditacture please ban this map
Okoratu

grumd wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USoFg3A ... e=youtu.be

afaik that rule is in place to avoid people doing stupid stuff, not people doing actually correct stuff but uhh
Topic Starter
grumd

Okoratu wrote:

grumd wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USoFg3A ... e=youtu.be

afaik that rule is in place to avoid people doing stupid stuff, not people doing actually correct stuff but uhh
when i was talking about this with mm201 3 years ago we decided it's better to leave it as is instead of editing osu files.
and you actually have a rule:
Do not manually edit anything in an .osu file that cannot be changed through the Editor. The only exceptions are .osu-specific storyboards and skin-related options such as SliderBorder and SliderTrackOverride.
well, i'd better avoid breaking a rule than placing a slider end 5ms earlier
Timorisu
uh hi. fresh dl. also re-dl??? idk whats happening lol

Topic Starter
grumd

Timorisu wrote:

uh hi. fresh dl. also re-dl??? idk whats happening lol

it's aimod bug, the sb is not missing, just open the folder lol
Timorisu
js i got in trouble for that once, even tho it was the exact same issue (looking at you, pipe)

but if everything works its fine i guess B)
Loctav
Oh god. We should finish loomin shadow.
Monstrata
Future reference, but you can snap slider-ends by adding an inheriting section and changing the SV of the slider to something like 1.0005 etc.. It's the same guess-and-test method as pishifat, except you won't have to edit the osu file.
Secretpipe

Loctav wrote:

Please do.
loopuleasa
Stop it please. My grumd x goreshit fanfics can only write themselves this fast.
Topic Starter
grumd

Loctav wrote:

we totally should, man
Birdy

Secretpipe wrote:

Loctav wrote:

Please do.
Nemis
I love grumd