forum

Replay Data and scoreboard deliver different Combocount?!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MacGuffel
Sorry if this is a well known problem, I'm kinda new to this game.

If I watch cookiezis replay of https://osu.ppy.sh/s/41823 i see that his combo breaks off several times and he places fourth. However, if I watch the scoreboard he has placed first with a FC. How is this possible?
I've already seen this several times.

best wishes
Ripball
easy, this is because of lag in your computer
Raging Bull
Replay is bugged. Some other replays are also like that. I forgot why though. I think it had something to do with the replay and how cursor moves.
Zalaria
I've seen something like this happen with my own scores. It said my max combo for a song I was playing was 650, but when I watched my replay I broke my combo at 500. And in another replay I watched, it said someone had a SS, when they actually had a few 100s. I don't know why it does that though.
Topic Starter
MacGuffel

sonicxsmf wrote:

easy, this is because of lag in your computer
Nope, it isn't.
My PC could handle Osu! 5 times whilst rendering a high detailed video plus recording Battlefield 3 on Ultra.
CXu
Replays don't save every little cursormovement (try to make circular motions in a break sometime, and watch the replay afterwards).
It does record more points when playing, but it's still not 1:1, so sometimes very fast movements like in big black may cause sliderbreaks. (or something like that).
theowest