forum

DragonForce - Heroes of Our Time

posted
Total Posts
show more
those
[Legend]
  1. I suppose HP5 would scale better with streams. Not entirely necessary, but this remains an option.
  2. 00:03:605 (5) - Hm? Reversing this entire combo would match the rhythm much closer than you have it here.
  3. 00:04:280 (2) - 1/3 too early, and 00:03:980 (1) - ends too early.
  4. 01:14:180 (5) - Stands out, hitsound-wise. Not sure what you intended to do here.
  5. 04:00:380 (1) - Pretty unfair; requires players to play at precisely 87.5% of the speed they were playing at before without any musical queues or indication.
  6. 04:10:494 (2,3) - No. Shorten or lengthen (2) by 1/4.
  7. 04:12:722 (1) - Waves are best made without anchor point in the middle to prevent that obvious turning point which makes it look not smooth.
  8. 05:30:894 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Meh, doesn't scale well with the difficulty.
Topic Starter
Jenny
Kept HP6 (because I feel like 6 really goes well with the map as-is; won't crush you down on 2-3 misses at once and is not too hard to regain but also isn't all superlenient - this still is somewhat of a challenging map, after all), waves (for now) and last thing (I know it's a spike in difficulty, but I just feel like the end of this guitar solo makes the climax of this song [well, in the instrumental regard, anyways], so I'd really want to keep that), thanks.
Reviz
Just a random opinion, but there is no rule that states all Dragonforce maps should have some kind of abstract background and circle size 5. I understand if you like it that way, but maybe it'll be better to change the background and CS to 4. I've tried this map with CS 4 and it felt much better.
Topic Starter
Jenny
No, putting CS 4 on this now would make it feel way too squished together and the whole mapdesign is not laid-out for ginormeous objects in general - generally, changing circlesizes to something you didn't map for won't do any good in the uttermost percentage of cases.
Topic Starter
Jenny
Reviving... no mods, no BAT, no rank :/
Mystyk

Jenny wrote:

Reviving... no mods, no BAT, no rank approved :/
btw why is this in WIP and not in Pending?
Zare
because in order to submit a map to pending you need at least 2 diffs

it doesn't matter for the approval process
Moonlit
cant you just use a consistent snap for streams?
06:21:465 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - i dont even what is this pattern. I cant read this for the life of me.
02:30:830 (6) - why?? he looks so lonely over there by himself. also the jump makes it feel bad to play.
04:31:151 (8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) - i dont like the shape of that :X. the bit before was nice and curvy, why not this part too?
06:54:644 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - um. I cant spin 400. so yeah...
03:30:680 (5,6) - 03:30:980 (8,9) - etc WHY are there jumps here ;_;

rage post complete.
Otherwise, its pretty fun to play. Slider design and placement is good and relaxing too which certainly takes the pressure off of having no breaks.

Adios
Ayu

Damn this map is good.

Legend

There's not really anything wrong with this map at all, it's really good. Couple of things I'd like to mention though;
  1. 01:33:230 (2) - I think something like this looks better, so it fits with the sliders afterwards. It's really tight currently.
  2. 02:44:480 (6) - This one also feels a little bit too tight if you ask me.
  3. 02:47:180 (1) - Almost perfect, but the slider end & start is slightly too close
  4. 04:09:294 (3) - not entirely sure if this is supposed to be a blanket or not, but i think it would be awesome to blanket this perfectly around (1)'s end
  5. 05:37:065 (1,2) - I suppose they're actually fine but they're really tight, so I guess I'd change them myself.

I love you ♥
Topic Starter
Jenny
Sliderpolishment where pointed out with little corrections (stacking on previous objects' sliderends)~
[Luanny]
now bubble.
thanck.
captin1

hi
make sure suggestions improve your map

Ayu wrote:

Damn this map is good.
[Legend]

00:03:380 (6) - try moving this to x236 y140? I think it helps get a bit more circular of a motion for 00:03:230 (5,6,7,1) - plus it makes another triangle with 00:02:780 (1,2,6) - hue
00:05:780 (6,7) - I would have liked to see more spacing between these two, every other spot in this intro where you have two sliders you do a lot with the flow and leniency of them, except here. Maybe copy 7 and flip it for 6? so like this
00:08:780 (1,2) - move these two farther away from 00:08:480 (7) - ? I think it would feel just a bit nicer to have some room here.
For 00:10:580 (1,2,3,4) - and 00:15:380 (1,2,3,4) - consider adjusting them like this. I think it would play really cool, and also let you be consistent with both of them, since the two of them play differently from each other right now
00:20:180 (1) - I feel like I should ask why this starts moving off of 3, instead of 4 like most of the other streams in this section do. It plays alright as is, but it might be just a bit better to adjust it
00:27:680 (1) - it might help readability to unstack this, like you have with the notes after, because otherwise one might try to play this like 00:26:930 (2,3,4,5,1) - and then get to 00:27:980 (1) - too soon.
01:27:680 (7) - just wanna throw in, this stream is awesome :3
02:08:030 (5,1) - this transition seems different from all the rest of them for some reason, it's like with the other 3, you start the next stream along with the curve of the 1/4 slider, but here you go against it. Seems strange to me
03:58:130 (2,3) - ctrl+g? I feel like this goes with the circular motion of 03:56:780 (4) - as well. With this, you could also blanket 03:58:280 (3,1) - and have it be noticeable, and a rather cool effect in my opinion
04:01:751 - I found myself wishing that this stream started out with a 1/4 repeat, as while the bpm change does occur earlier and you give time to adjust, the way that the music feels during the 04:00:380 - to 04:01:751 - it's hard to grasp exactly what the tempo is until the drum track solidifies at 04:01:751 - again and then suddenly it's a stream much slower than we're used to.
06:07:365 (2,3,4) - why not make these three a pattern of 3 rotated exactly 120 from each other? imo the flow 3-4 is maybe a little jagged so having them be more consistent in the angles between them would help a lot

just some small thoughts, feel free to take whatever you think is best for your map. Good luck!
Zare
Where do these mods come from
is this real

gogo
Topic Starter
Jenny
Did something about most timestamps; sorry for the late response and lack of detailed answer, was doing this while silenced >:
grumd
cool map yey
also too much modding throught different sessions with closing and opening osu! again and again i forget to savelog all the time
to summarise, changed few streams' rhythm, arranged some bad spacings, fixed few hitsounds and fixed last spinner's end position

that's bubble #1

some remarks:
unsnapped notes are actually 1/16 and AIBat is stupid.
i'm sure "Legend" diff name is okay since there's only one diff in the mapset and it's already a tradition to call Dragonforce maps like that
[Luanny]
finally
Irreversible
After some suggestions we've fixed a hitsound, some placing issues and got rid off a hp touching slider.

Bubble #2!
[Luanny]
goooooooooooooooooooo
onotoleonide
AW YEAH BABE
DakeDekaane
Move to pending pls.
grumd

DakeDekaane wrote:

Move to pending pls.
Was thinking of this while modding and still forgot. As always xD
Frostmourne
Approved
Sonnyc
grats
Oyatsu
Congratz! but not qualified? :o
-Neipezi
DF lol
Beige

Oyatsu wrote:

Congratz! but not qualified? :o
Approved is not Qualified

Anyway, Congratz~ Dragonforce is Back
Lapis-
Grats Jenny, finally got this approved
Zare
Awesome.
-GN
nooo it has the wrong bg ;_;

i remember playing this map quite a while ago as well though, good job!
Yuzeyun
TEAM FUCKING DRAGONFORCE
Secretpipe
Gratz ;D
[Luanny]
:D
vitormitico
Very good beatmap congratz :oops:
captin1
grats!
LQA20Ans
New dragonforce map!

Congratulation Jenny :D
thelewa
Congratulations for getting a new DragonForce map approved, Lesjuh! Your mapping style is a bit different though, at times you do things that seem like something only Jenny would do and that's a bad thing!

Other than that; wow! You really are such a good mapper!
Lust
finally! congrats
Raging Bull
didnt take long for FC. okay.
Lunah
what the fuck is this
ThunderSun
awesome beatmap :D
show more