forum

Collection list filter

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +257
Topic Starter
theowest
I feel like there should be an easier and quicker way of reaching your collections without having to go into this "folder view". So I propose the collections should be visible as a new separate list to the right of the other two.

The problems with the this folder/grouping view are the following:
  1. Searching for something while having a map selected in one of the collections will not bring you back to them when you clear your search.
  2. Some users think it's a bit difficult to use t/128598 I have to admit, it's a bit confusing at first. I believe this feature request would make it faster to get going with.
  3. Every time you sort by something, you go out of the collection and if you don't know which one you were previous in, you're kind of screwed.
  4. Bottom-most collection is always expanded when playing and quitting a map present in 2+ collections. Point 6 from: t/128341 In short: when you're done playing a map which exists in more than one collection, you'll move down to the other collection.
  5. Arrow keys in song select working incorrectly (especially with this folder type groupings). Point 9 from: t/128341
So basically, there are tons of issues with the current way of viewing collections and I believe it would be so much easier with this feature instead.

Some benefits, not including the issues above:
  1. You could group, sort AND have one specific collection filtered. All three "lists" in use!! Previously just two.
  2. You get nothing but the collection you clicked on.
  3. Who doesn't like the very easy way of reaching nothing but your Favorite A/B lists like we had it before or nothing but your own maps (My Maps). -
    off-request: how about having My maps as one of the default collections with this feature? You wouldn't be able to manage your My Maps collection though, except delete them/create new ones (like how it's like right now).
because this collection list filter is going to be so much easier to see and access, I believe more users are going to appreciate the full potential of the feature.

full image of this song list
The "Collection + letter are just examples of what some collections might be called"
Clicking the "Manage Collections" would bring you up the collection manager were we manage all collections, add/remove maps/collections.

and if you have too many collections, you should be able to scroll through this list.
  1. This is obviously just a prototype image and the final thing could possibly look very different.
  2. This feature request would cover this request too: t/128899/
  3. This is similar to my "Filter game mode specific maps" request, an improvement to the current way of filtering out the game mode specific diffs (which is also very flawed). t/121923
Please help me out with this request by giving more arguments to have this wonderful feature or counter arguments against the current way of doing things.
deadbeat
i didn't really read the wall of text, i just looked at the picture and pretty much got the point of the request from that xD
could be helpful indeed
Liiraye
I like this a lot. + + +
Kalle_old_1
support :)
Narunya
i'd upvote the sh*t out of this, if i had any votes left ;___;
great initiation! i like it alot!
Gyuunyu
Sounds really useful !
Yuugo
I'm trying to think of a constructive post to add to this request but it looks like this is simply a great improvement. Creating a new box just for collections is fitting as it's another option for a combination of filters rather than a raw stand-alone filter.

Actually something that could use some work as well is the process of adding maps/diffs to a collection.
  1. To be honest the graphics look a bit... out of place. The style of the buttons and the list differ a lot.
  2. Also, perhaps it is an idea to be able to select multiple collections at once for one beatmap/diff rather than having to go through the process multiple times.
  3. The (X) button to delete a collection should could really use a confirmation. Pressing it by accident throws away an entire collection with no way to get it back easily.
Maybe this could use a separate thread but I'll just put it here for now. As for the suggestion of Theo, I really don't have much to add other than it's a great idea.
Topic Starter
theowest

Yuugo wrote:

I'm trying to think of a constructive post to add to this request but it looks like this is simply a great improvement. Creating a new box just for collections is fitting as it's another option for a combination of filters rather than a raw stand-alone filter.

Actually something that could use some work as well is the process of adding maps/diffs to a collection.
  1. To be honest the graphics look a bit... out of place. The style of the buttons and the list differ a lot.
  2. Also, perhaps it is an idea to be able to select multiple collections at once for one beatmap/diff rather than having to go through the process multiple times.
  3. The (X) button to delete a collection should could really use a confirmation. Pressing it by accident throws away an entire collection with no way to get it back easily.
Maybe this could use a separate thread but I'll just put it here for now. As for the suggestion of Theo, I really don't have much to add other than it's a great idea.
Thanks! Yeah, those points could almost need a new topic. Definitely good points towards the improvement of this Collection feature.
Suimya
yeah i support this too <3
[sid]
Sounds really useful. I really like this idea!
she_old
yes please! it saves a lot of pain from clicking once, waiting an eternity for it to load and then clicking again in the list, misclicking and having to scroll down to hit the proper list ;n;
Keewlan
Great idea, no support points to give, but Bump! 8-)
-----
A really nice idea, I support.
Beetz
:!:
[CSGA]Ar3sgice

deadbeat wrote:

i didn't really read the wall of text, i just looked at the picture and pretty much got the point of the request from that xD
could be helpful indeed
Unsafeman121
This would be a great feature to have - though not a massive issue, the way in which it was all laid out was beginning to irritate me a little :P
+support
abraker
Would be useful since I have to go through each beatmap and check if they are in a collection. A good idea for the interface for this is just how you can type in "mode=osu" or "Ar>5", have something like "collection=Basic". That would allow things like "collection=basic & collection!=others" for even better filtering.

The +Set button is somewhat useful but being able to selecting beatmaps like you do ctrl+left click files in explorer would be even more useful.
Kuuhaku722
want it
- Sugoi Sugoi -
bump
Gr8 idea m8
zipknob
"Beatmaps not in a collection" setting would be nice too, as it would make organizing a large list of songs MUCH more efficient...

(also bump)