forum

[osu!mania] Focus Jam Digital Skin v2.0

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
PROGUY
Yep, now currently Version 2.0. Enjoy!
...And yes, it's now compatible with other modes even though it's Mania-specific.
I also removed the stage sides from blocking the BG now that they're useless ever since the update to allow changing the BG dim.

Again like last time there's the Alternates folder for self-customization, including bringing back the old elements if you like.

NOTE: "Prefer new default skin behavior" must be turned OFF to use this.

OLD SCREENSHOTS (for v1.0 and v1.1)
Screenshots in osu!mania
1. Normal gameplay.

2. And yes, the background is blocked no matter what (vanilla only).

3. But of course there's the IWSTB (I Wanna See The Background) version if you like to enjoy this skin with the BG/video almost completely visible.

4. Lastly, included in the vanilla is the Alternates folder where you can modify the skin to your liking. Includes many options such as larger combo numbers, silenced hitsounds, and more!

5. The simple and effective results screen.

Screenshots in standard
1. Invisible circles! A new way to play Hidden!

Screenshots in Taiko
1. Invisible beats! A new way to memorize notes without a scroll chart!

Screenshots in CTB
1. Invisible catcher! A true fruit ninja indeed! (and a perv too)

Focus Jam Digital
Current Version: 2.0
Last Update: 11th December 2013

Download:
Original* - DOWNLOAD
*includes Alternates folder for self-customization with fun add-ons

Key Updates
Version 2.0 (11th December 2013):
- Remade the skin, cleaning unnecessary elements and keeping specific elements true to the skin.
- Added menu sounds.

Version 1.1 (27th May 2013):
- Redone mania stages (thanks to TouchFluffyTail for the suggestion).
- Redone mania keys (see _Readme.txt for that part).
- Added the custom missing Skip button and warning arrow.
- Minor fixes in 7k and 8k.
- Updated first two screenshots in the thread.

Version 1.0 (27th April 2013):
- Initial public release. Those who used the private release can see the full changes in the _Readme.txt.

Older Versions
Old Public Releases:
Version 1.1 (27th May 2013): Original | IWSTB
Version 1.0 (27th April 2013): Original | IWSTB

Old Private Releases:
Version 0.9 (20th December 2012)
Version 0.8 (11th December 2012)

Special Thanks :)
rickyboi and Hanyuu for testing the private versions of the skins.
TouchFluffyTail for a mania stage suggestion.
And you, of course!

Now that I'm done with all this formal typing, I think I'll go back to RPG Maker VX Ace for a long while...
Hanyuu
Nice skin :)

SPOILER
lol@replay comments
Maiz94
Thanks. :D
TouchFluffyTail
A cool skin but I'm not sure how I feel about having the white gradients on the side since they blend in with the outermost notes. Maybe just use column lines on the outside to denote the playfield and leave the right and left sides pure black. :)
Niko-nyan
seems good but i hate the standard and CtB on this skin
Topic Starter
PROGUY
Thanks for the feedback guys! :D

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

A cool skin but I'm not sure how I feel about having the white gradients on the side since they blend in with the outermost notes. Maybe just use column lines on the outside to denote the playfield and leave the right and left sides pure black. :)
I'll try that on the next update. ;)

Frans Niko wrote:

seems good but i hate the standard and CtB on this skin
Dude, it's clearly stated in the op that it's...

PROGUY wrote:

Fully not compatible with other modes.
Niko-nyan
you can make it better :)
Topic Starter
PROGUY
Updated skin to version 1.1. Enjoy. :D
OsuMe65
my gawd invi stuff...
TakuMii
i like what you did with mania, but
why did you make every other mode completely unplayable
Ayesha Altugle
thanks for the tip for the blocked background in osu! mania

here's one in my skin
Topic Starter
PROGUY
...Dude... Post your skin in your own thread, please.
deadbeat
a few quick comments,
first, sorry for being late with this ;~;
  1. i'd just remove approachcircle.png, hitcircle.png and hitcircleoverlay.png, or at the very least move those files to the alternate folder.
  2. do the same with fruit-ryuuta.png, fruit-plate.png, sliderb0.png, sliderfollowcircle-0 taikobigcircle.png, taikobigcircleoverlay-0.png, taikobigcircleoverlay-1.png,
    taikohitcircle.png, taikohitcircleoverlay-0.png and taikohitcircleoverlay-1.png
  3. special-fruits.png and special-taiko.png is no longer used
  4. score-0.png - score-9.png seem too small, i'd quickly remake them, but instead on 20x25, make them at 37x55. fix the other score-x.png files
  5. try add some ranking letters in there. you've got all the other ranking-x.png files, so makes sense to have the ranking letters as well
just seems like there are a few things you could touch up on before this can be deemed complete sorry ;w;

ranking screen

this seems a bit messy, maybe make the hit numbers a bit smaller and add some transparency to the score numbers?
Topic Starter
PROGUY

deadbeat wrote:

1. i'd just remove approachcircle.png, hitcircle.png and hitcircleoverlay.png, or at the very least move those files to the alternate folder.
  2. do the same with fruit-ryuuta.png, fruit-plate.png, sliderb0.png, sliderfollowcircle-0 taikobigcircle.png, taikobigcircleoverlay-0.png, taikobigcircleoverlay-1.png,
    taikohitcircle.png, taikohitcircleoverlay-0.png and taikohitcircleoverlay-1.png
  3. special-fruits.png and special-taiko.png is no longer used
  4. score-0.png - score-9.png seem too small, i'd quickly remake them, but instead on 20x25, make them at 37x55. fix the other score-x.png files
  5. try add some ranking letters in there. you've got all the other ranking-x.png files, so makes sense to have the ranking letters as well
I thought the purpose of this skin was for osu!mania. Oh well, I'll do something about those invisibles for the next update. The small numbers are to make it neat and efficient. The larger and transparent ones are in the Alternates folder.

deadbeat wrote:

*looks at his own ranking screen*
What resolution are you using? I did indicate that I play osu! at 640 x 480, so I didn't know that would happen...

Also the original and smaller hits are in the Alternates folder too.
CitrusKnight
Try this skin :))

http://www.mediafire.com/download/d08sr ... %21Jam.rar

Thanks to the Credits of the owners !
Topic Starter
PROGUY
Updated to Version 2.0. Enjoy!
- m i r a i
Great Work :)
-Jp_old
great work on the ver 2.0
love it!
:) :) :)
Yuzeyun
@PROGUY:

The ITG hitbursts in the screenshots were originally ripped off by me. Hanyuu asked me to give them afterwards owo' (I recognize that all of them are actually early bursts beside fantastic lel)
(Yes, they're from ITG. IIRC it's ITG2)
Topic Starter
PROGUY

_Gezo_ wrote:

@PROGUY:

The ITG hitbursts in the screenshots were originally ripped off by me. Hanyuu asked me to give them afterwards owo' (I recognize that all of them are actually early bursts beside fantastic lel)
(Yes, they're from ITG. IIRC it's ITG2)
Huh... I'm pretty sure I took them off from an ITG skin in Stepmania, and then edited them to fit in this skin.
deadbeat
just wondering, want me to recheck this to see if it's ready for the completed section?
Topic Starter
PROGUY

deadbeat wrote:

just wondering, want me to recheck this to see if it's ready for the completed section?
Sure, go ahead. :)
deadbeat
alright, i'll check this out when i get home
deadbeat
planning on adding any mod icons or ranking letters?
Topic Starter
PROGUY
I'm thinking about it. I may add them, but not anytime soon. I'm currently filled with other stuff at the moment.