forum

CTB Editor

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2,123
show more
Hunter Howl
no offense, peppy. just wondering why :3
Factorial
I think that the no. of bananas is based on the beat snap divisor. But I've seen on some beatmaps that it is doubled. I can't find out how? (Screenshot tom.)
Zak
Bringing up 5 years ago really isn't viable as reasoning to be honest, things change. It's been 5 years since then and a new mode has been added, and if a new mode can have it's own special editor, and if it really is getting a brand new one as well why the hell can't we? CtB matters as a mode just as much and I think we deserve something that will make it easier for us to map. People might bring up Taiko not having one but that relies solely on hitsounds for mapping so they don't really need their own editor just for that as it's fairly easy to map like that.
Yukiteru Amano
What Zak said. :) 5 years is a long time!
Deif
I don't belong to the dev, but I guess smoogipooo is the one you should ask to, since he's one of the most active guys there atm according to the updates log.
Hunter Howl

Yukiteru Amano wrote:

What Zak said. :) 5 years is a long time!
well, i guess it's up to the peppy. if he agrees then so it be `-` got nothing more to say about this
Oinari-sama
You guys are not helping peppy out at all. I think it's time to put the thread back on track...

osu! is not a "design by public opinion" project; ie just because an idea has lots of support it doesn't mean that the devs are obligated to add it.

If you think an idea really deserves to be added, you'll have to elaborate on why and how the idea can be implemented. Help the devs, tempt the devs whenever possible.

That's why most of the time single word comments like "bump" or "support" means absolutely nothing to the progress. Instead, focus the discussions on how you see an idea can be implemented.

Don't be afraid to provide details; if peppy doesn't like something he'll say it (guaranteed).

Zak wrote:

Can someone who can actually say whether this can or can't happen say something?
Lastly, if a topic is not marked in anyway (eg [denied]/[invalid]/resolved]/[duplicate]) then it's still valid. Some ideas are easy to implement while others require more thoughts. Such feature can take a long time to come to fruition.

Just keep the discussions going for how to implement the ideas. If the devs have something to say, they'll come out to say it.
Granger
I have a idea how the spinners could be done.

Instead of placing templates of spinners you place a main line (thats where the bananas are the most dense) as slider.
Then you select this slider and use a new "Convert slider to spinner" tool. The conversion works in 2 steps, first it adds noise over the entire slider duration, then it converts the slider body into a line of fruits and disorts it. This tool gives you various sliders and opptions:

Noise Density
Simply put, the higher this slider is, the more bananas appear overall, spread troughout the entire spinner, ignoring your main line.

Noise Disortion Min/Max
This is a type in option, you define 2 values, min and max. Minimum determines how far the fruits minimally have to be from each other, can not be higher than maximum. Maximum determines the highest distance 2 fruits can have from each other, can not be lower than minimum.

With these 2 options you can define how hard the spinner is to read and how it looks.

Line Density
A slider option. Defines how dense the fruits from the slider are, higher Density gives more fruits.

Line Disortion Min/Max
Similary to the noise disortion, this is a type in option and lets you define how and how far this line is spread and disorted.

With these options you can define how hard it is to follow the line with the most fruits and how it looks.
Image examples:
SPOILER
Our slider before the conversion:

Step one, applying noise and altering it density:

(cant define disortion with this noise tool so ill skip that :( )

Step two, coverting the slider:

and changing its density and disortion:
The images are a bit bad, but i think you get the idea.
Zak
Well last night I was told that they do plan on eventually getting around to an editor, but the dev team is so small that they have to finish other things first before they can get to it, so I guess we don't need to keep dumping stars and saying the same things, it seems they don't really notice this thread but they should finally get around to it in the future after they finish fixing up osu!mania stuff and other projects that have high priority.
Serendipity
Hey friends,

Coming from my initial post > p/3398078#p3398078

I give you all my remaining votes on this.

We really need an editor for CTB, considering how auto-converted maps got some really akward patterns...
ikzune
i dont know if its already been mentioned here however smoogi is already planning an overhaul of both the taiko and ctb editors after the mania editor is complete however dont expect it to be completed any time soon, the estimate of when manias editor is finished is by the end of this year of sometime next year
Serendipity

laishiou wrote:

i dont know if its already been mentioned here however smoogi is already planning an overhaul of both the taiko and ctb editors after the mania editor is complete however dont expect it to be completed any time soon, the estimate of when manias editor is finished is by the end of this year of sometime next year

Glad to hear, thanks for the info mate.

Let's wait for the good stuff to came out then !
woodrow kelvin
CTB Editor o/
dani
Finally !
Noffy
I just read through this whole thread and to my surprise couldn't find this idea I have that would only be for the CTB Editor.

The option to change fruit colors! /'v'/
Currently in CTB fruit colors cycle, just like the way combo colors cycle in standard.
However, in CTB fruit colors have nothing to do with new combos.
Putting in an option to change fruit color just like how standard has an option to change new combo colors except for the one that was just used could be a great addition if there is a CTB Editor!
Badis
Take all my stars , its just a pain to map on standard mode and guess what pattern will be by testing , its too long and not enough accurate
DO IT !! JUST DO IT !!
Rilene
Need to support this but got no star...
Hope they can add this. :)
Zak
Said this on the last page months ago but they do plan to make us our own editor eventually, it's just not high priority since it's still possible for us to map. Hoping to see some progress after osu!next is finally finished.
MBomb
I hope that if they add a new ctb editor we still get the option to use the old one if we want, I think the old one is perfect to me and if we had no choice but to use this new one, I would be against this idea.
Zak
I doubt it would be hard to add a toggle option for that.
Gommy
just take all my star and make this thing happen q:^)
Trosk-
This could be a nice feature for CTB... I hope that this becomes a reality in the future.

Take my star.
Deif
I spent some more stars here. Also, a suggestion from the OP was implemented already. It's just a tiny, but helpful step:

OP updated. Keep making useful suggestions!
-Ryuujii-
more stars :/
PewFanGirl
Can we get this soon please when I went to map my first ctb map it was a bit of shock to see the shotty mapping convert. Ctb as a mod adds diversity to the game. Reward the original map creators with this request.
JBHyperion
Whilst it's not a huge development, there was a recent addition to CE builds that increased maximum distance snapping in the current editor - see here

This should make it easier for people to make consistent spacing when mapping larger jumps and hyperdashes.
[Kami]
Star!
Accel World
:)
Sunkiss
*cough, cough bump cough, cough *
Qiyana
If I could vote I would but I can't because I don't have any votes. :( :( :( :( :( :(
CelegaS
First i want something that say if circle will be a hyper or not directly while mapping (like red aura around circle) in waiting for a real ctb editor. And same when we need to dash (white aura?).
For me it would be a huge help.
Zak
I agree with an indication for a hyper, but for dashing it's not needed imo
ZiRoX
Agree with Zak. The indication of a hyperdash in-editor would be really helpful and it shouldn't be hard to implement. Currently, the only ways to know if something is a hyperdash (or is too close to being one) are (1) testing a lot, or (2) finding beforehand what distance triggers the hyperdash for each spacing (and this also changes with SV).

This would certainly make mapping and modding easier, especially when it comes to placing timing jumps or detecting and removing unwanted ones.
Underforest
Bump, yes pls *-*
Platiin-kun
this would be awesome o: :)
MaruVT
*bump* i wonder if this can become a thing after x years. well take my stars
Tanomoshii Nekojou
*found CTB editor*
me: FINALLY. owo
me also: *gives stars and fruits with hyperdashes* :) :o

Zak wrote:

I agree with an indication for a hyper, but for dashing it's not needed imo
Brilliant. Please add this also. owo
sxy62146214
thinking
it will be great
Zak
I don't think anyone else needs to dump stars into this, as far as I can tell peppy fully intends there to be a fully functioning CtB editor in osu!lazer whenever that finally comes out.
amax
aaah, the only thing holding me back on learning to map ctb is the lack of a specific editor :(
show more