forum

Very Jealous To Everyone Here.

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Rouward

Xplayer1 wrote:

Stop lurking these forums.That's really what makes you feel like you're terrible. The best metric for how good you are is yourself. If you feel bad about your ranks, just ignore the global ranks and look at the local ones. Are you getting #1 scores locally consistently? If so, that means you're improving. If you're improving, given enough time you'll be good at the game.

You could even just play offline entirely if it bugs you that much.
That's only available to supporters. You're all lucky that you have enough money to be an supporter to have all those features not available to non-supporter. I don't have credit card or paypal just to be like that.

Hopefully the Local Ranking would be available to all non-supporter (at least).

Wishy wrote:

You got 100 plays over 45 days, that means you have probably spent more time posting here than playing (today). Which means on average you are playing like 10 minutes a day (assuming you play 4 minutes long maps without retrying once). Seriously what the hell are you expecting to happen? You've just started playing and you are already playing pretty much no time a day. x/
I play repeatedly until I finished a song (even with bad grade or ranking), and I play like 5 songs a day (due to work, other projects, and on FB)

Zalaria wrote:

As the others have said, just keep practicing. No one becomes pro overnight. Hell I'm still having trouble with this game and sometimes I do rage when I constantly break my combos, but I keep goin at it. I've been playing for about 4 months now and I'm still in awe of some people on here. I wish to eventually be as good as some of the pros.

But yeah, just don't give up kay? ^^
Alright. I won't give up easily! I'll keep playing!

djjsixpack wrote:

Winshley wrote:

Don't compare yourself to others, being competitive may come later. Instead, you should compare yourself on how you progress.
@ OP: This is probably the best bit of advice you'll get. It's pretty depressing comparing yourself to people much better than you are. Focus on improving old records and moving on to harder stuff. Also once you get out of normal diffs, don't go back to them with dt/hr. It's useless.
Okay everyone. Thank for your all advice, I should keep playing until becoming a good player like you guys (that would takes a long time).
Winshley

Rouward wrote:

Xplayer1 wrote:

Stop lurking these forums.That's really what makes you feel like you're terrible. The best metric for how good you are is yourself. If you feel bad about your ranks, just ignore the global ranks and look at the local ones. Are you getting #1 scores locally consistently? If so, that means you're improving. If you're improving, given enough time you'll be good at the game.

You could even just play offline entirely if it bugs you that much.
That's only available to supporters. You're all lucky that you have enough money to be an supporter to have all those features not available to non-supporter. I don't have credit card or paypal just to be like that.

Hopefully the Local Ranking would be available to all non-supporter (at least).
It already is available to non-supporter...

You can't see Country Ranking and Friend Ranking because those are the ones that requires supporter. You don't need anything to see Local Ranking.
Topic Starter
Rouward

Thanks to everyone, I'm feeling better now! <3
iantanye
lol step it up noob nobody plays easy difficulty only noob play easy loll
Topic Starter
Rouward

Winshley wrote:

You can't see Country Ranking and Friend Ranking because those are the ones that requires supporter. You don't need anything to see Local Ranking.
Oops, I mean Country (I really forgot everything) >. <
Maybe I should save more money to be a supporter like everyone here does.

iantanye wrote:

lol step it up noob nobody plays easy difficulty only noob play easy loll
Yeah, just because I'm new to this game and you're already veteran (you're lucky that you can perfect every map in Hard Mode).
I usually play in Normal and Easy mode (if Normal is a bit hard), but soon I'll try Hard mode or even Insane.
Winshley
I started moving up to Hard diffs after 3~4 months of playing. :P

When I first started, I played some semi-Hard difficulty with a C rank. After those 4 months, I eventually improved it to SS with mods.
Kanye West

Winshley wrote:

I started moving up to Hard diffs after 3~4 months of playing. :P
Me too. Slow improvement master race!
SapphireGhost
Hello, I remember starting this game too. Playing all the lower-tier difficulties and getting really poor accuracy. According to archives I used to be #15,847 after a few months of playing. I was a newbie in every sense. You can look at this (2 years ago), for example and then this (recent).

If you're motivated, you can get better from wherever you are. Keep having fun and challenging yourself, but never to the point where you get stressed out about it. You'll do best if you feel good about what you're doing.
Wishy
Just play a lot and start playing hards at most 1 week after you first started playing.
Rinko
If you are willing to get better and practice, ranking up is really easy.

I went from like 155,000 to 8,500 in a month, so pretty sure everyone can do too.
buny

Senpai wrote:

If you are willing to get better and practice, ranking up is really easy.

I went from like 155,000 to 8,500 in a month, so pretty sure everyone can do too.
if everyone can do it then some people will be stuck at 155k still

just saying, it might be harder for some other people to improve.
sCam
if u wanna improve fast. average 5k plays a month. :D
Nessuka
You can become pro with practice if you're willing to risk permanent mental and physical damage by playing this game to those levels.
Just know that there is always a downside to something good.
Wishy

Rouward wrote:

I play repeatedly until I finished a song (even with bad grade or ranking), and I play like 5 songs a day (due to work, other projects, and on FB)
So, don't bother posting or even reading threads like this, just play more, you probably won't ever get good even after 5 years if you play 10 minutes a day at most...

I'm sure all those 150k rankers are just inactive or play 5 minutes a day.
buny

Ijah wrote:

You can become pro with practice if you're willing to risk permanent mental and physical damage by playing this game to those levels.
Just know that there is always a downside to something good.
could be said to nearly everything
primrose
You don't improve fast. People don't improve fast. Play more, you will improve step by step :)
Luvdic

sCam wrote:

Im trying so hard to get over 2k plays in these months, but I can't seem to get it :(

Could that be the reason that Im so noob? :(? :(?
CXu

Rouward wrote:

There's your problem.
winber1
i barelt get 1k bro, i suck

fuk
-Soba-

winber1 wrote:

i barelt get 1k bro, i suck

fuk
so bad
sCam

ErufenRito wrote:

sCam wrote:

Im trying so hard to get over 2k plays in these months, but I can't seem to get it :(

Could that be the reason that Im so noob? :(? :(?
ok maybe 5k a month is a lil over board lol
I guess 15oo is a fine number for most players

but to the OP, you're not gonna improve if u play around 20 minutes a day ._.
Sup A Noob
I clock like 300 plays or less a month and I'm still improving.

It really depends on how you play.

But seriously, for starters, try playing more often.

Seriously.
Zaphkiel_old_1
Oh wow, people actually bothered posting here. This feels kind of bad.

Listen, OP. People do not care about any other people, but the ones that they know, or they appreciate. Nobody cares you joined osu!, nobody cares you left osu!.
This is either an attention whore thread or a troll thread. "holy shit I made them reply, le master trole 2013 siztra aint shit before me"

1/10 for making me reply
buny

Worer wrote:

Listen, OP. People do not care about any other people, but the ones that they know, or they appreciate. Nobody cares you joined osu!, nobody cares you left osu!.
This is either an attention whore thread or a troll thread. "holy shit I made them reply, le master trole 2013 siztra aint shit before me"

1/10 for making me reply
this is basically a motivation thread though
sorry we can't be as edgy as you
Wishy
It is true tho that nobody gives a crap about this guy.
Kuro

Wishy wrote:

It is true tho that nobody gives a crap about this guy.
Rouward
R.I.P
March 10, 2013 - May 3, 2013
Gone & Forgotten

But seriously if you don't feel like you're improving at all, try a different game mode. I was garbage at osu! (and still am) but I decided to try different modes and taiko became my strongest skill (Rank #455) compared to standard (Rank #Who cares...)
Jagermeiser

Worer wrote:

1/10 for making me reply
It's actually quite interesting to see/help other players improve. You're either being way too cynical, or an attention whore yourself.

Whatever man, hakuna matata
Wishy
It is good to give some insight for specific topics (as playing styles, devices, pen grip, etc) but then again when you get someone playing 5 minutes a day ask "why do I suck?".
hinamizawan
you're too new here to even complaint, with time and dedication you get better, but for some months you'll still be playing ez modo
Primula_old

Worer wrote:

Speak for yourself, I care !

Just download songs you like to listen to and start on easy difficulty, repeatedly play easy until you can full combo them (until they get too easy for you) then move on to normal, and try hard difficulties repeatedly even if you're missing lots of notes, just use nofail mod, you'll eventually get better at them and you can go back to hard maps which you found to be really difficult in future and be proud that you can finally full combo them.
As for insane difficulties, start out with low bpm ones (without too many streams/jumps).

Also if you take long breaks from osu every now and then, you're going to hinder your progress.. even pros have a little bit of trouble with getting back into the game after a break.
I tend to do very poorly if I don't play for a week.
karterfreak
The people who posted here saying they don't care shouldn't have posted to begin with. You just make yourselves look like complete assholes.

@ OP: Just keep playing and focus on improving at your own pace... Don't even look at other people scores. Keep in mind that rhythm games are about SELF-improvement, not beating another person. If everyone cared only about beating other people, then there wouldn't be a reason to continue playing once you reach the top. ("Nobody is better than me, why continue playing?"). Even top level players play for their own improvement in every game mode in osu!.
Topic Starter
Rouward

Tasha wrote:

The people who posted here saying they don't care shouldn't have posted to begin with. You just make yourselves look like complete assholes.

@ OP: Just keep playing and focus on improving at your own pace... Don't even look at other people scores. Keep in mind that rhythm games are about SELF-improvement, not beating another person. If everyone cared only about beating other people, then there wouldn't be a reason to continue playing once you reach the top. ("Nobody is better than me, why continue playing?"). Even top level players play for their own improvement in every game mode in osu!.
Okay okay, I guess I should keep playing this game until becoming a better player like you guys.

This is my recent play 3 days ago. I'm about to get S rank in this song, but in the near end, I made a small mistake that puts me into B rank (which is really bad to me). Even though I got a bad ranking, I'm happy with that 'cause my rank goes up to 240k and my accuracy raised to 90% but still need to improve a little bit more.

But for now, I should rest for a while 'cause I really need to download that HD anime (currently in half-way), and sometimes I began playing rhythm game on my PSP just to improve rhythm skills. I'll be back in playing osu after I finished download
Primula_old
Well you almost had that map, keep it up! ^-^
Zalaria
Heck a B is good in my book ^^ I know how that feels, to almost have that S rank and then somewhere at the end of a song I get tripped up and miss a note. But that's completely normal, just keep at it and you'll get that S in no time :D

Actually, I just redownloaded some of the first maps a ever played. I still had my old scores there, so I played them now, to see much improvement. ^^ To this day I'm playing to improve scores and compete against myself :D
FlamingRok
I remember my first map was this one, and I chose it because it was the first one I saw. Mistake on my part, as my first times playing, I could only get a C on Normal. I knew I was terrible, but also knew that I would improve overtime.

That said, almost everyone in this thread is better than me still. I'm only rank 26k, so I really aren't that good at the game.