Very Jealous To Everyone Here.

posted
Total Posts
show more
Jarby
Nah, just painting lolis.

Topic Starter
Rouward
I've read a lot of your replies, and mostly says it's for fun and not minding about ranks or becoming the best player. Maybe because I'm not familiar to this kind of rhythm game so I usually play in Very Easy and Normal osu!. I get frustrated at first why I'm always at the lowest rank just because I never used mods (during that time), but when I use a few mods like Hard Rock and Flash Light, the game becomes really addicting! Sometimes I play osu!Mania 'cause it looks familiar. Having 87% accuracy in osu and 91% in mania is pretty good.

I apologize everyone to my bad topic about hate speech (especially to Peppy which I mentioned him, I don't wanna do that again). Anytime soon, I'm gonna play osu again (just because of my work, projects, and social medias).

Thanks everyone, you're all my inspiration! ;)
Marcin
What.... I don't even....
VoidnOwO
:)
kiteku
Everyone keeps saying that they play the game for fun, but doesn't everyone have fun in different ways? Some people have fun trying to compete for high ranks, that's where their fun stems from. Personally, I think trying to get high ranks is fun, but that's countered by the fact that I don't have fun using mods.
Antero
if you're the kind of person who gets frustrated and gives up after a MERE 100 plays then you shouldn't be playing this game, hell, you shouldn't even be playing video games at all.
Purple

Antero wrote:

if you're the kind of person who gets frustrated and gives up after a MERE 100 plays then you shouldn't be playing this game, hell, you shouldn't even be playing video games at all.
dat sarcasm
silmarilen
why did this get moved to G&R?
Antero

Purple wrote:

Antero wrote:

dat sarcasm
i dont think you know how to use that word
Lapis-

Rouward wrote:

Since last week, I feel like I was left out by all of players here. Even newbies here can perfectedy a very hard mode. As a newcomer in music games (I lack in rhythm skills because I never played any music games), I give up playing this game for only a month. In every music I play, I always get the lowest rank ('cause this game is all about perfection and nothing else) and everyone here are already Supporter. It should be treated this game as friendly especially to newcomers like me.

I would say that this game is perfect, feedbacks are generally possitive and the most active community, however I having a bad feelings and still hurting me ( as I write this post) just because this games is about being a perfect and I always got a bad ranking.

I'm really sorry Peppy, I'm leaving this game for good (but don't delete my accunt please).

*sobs badly*

Hey man. I can relate to how you feel some what. If you want someone to talk to PM me in games or in forums. I've been through what you been through. It ain't a nice experience and I feel quite ashamed of the community to just be posting normal "lol u suk quit" garbage. I hope you see this :)
Raging Bull
You've only been here a month. Play more. Or at the very least play for fun.
Topic Starter
Rouward

Antero wrote:

I've been playing videogames since childhood, but this is the only genre I'd never played so I tried this game and it looks really fun compares to all games I've played.

PortalLife wrote:

Rouward wrote:

Since last week, I feel like I was left out by all of players here. Even newbies here can perfectedy a very hard mode. As a newcomer in music games (I lack in rhythm skills because I never played any music games), I give up playing this game for only a month. In every music I play, I always get the lowest rank ('cause this game is all about perfection and nothing else) and everyone here are already Supporter. It should be treated this game as friendly especially to newcomers like me.

I would say that this game is perfect, feedbacks are generally possitive and the most active community, however I having a bad feelings and still hurting me ( as I write this post) just because this games is about being a perfect and I always got a bad ranking.

I'm really sorry Peppy, I'm leaving this game for good (but don't delete my accunt please).

*sobs badly*

Hey man. I can relate to how you feel some what. If you want someone to talk to PM me in games or in forums. I've been through what you been through. It ain't a nice experience and I feel quite ashamed of the community to just be posting normal "lol u suk quit" garbage. I hope you see this :)
Yep. Beginners like me doesn't mean we're noobs who don't know this game and forces us to rage quit. We play osu to learn till becoming a good player like them.

Raging Bull wrote:

You've only been here a month. Play more. Or at the very least play for fun.
You're right. I've been playing this for a month that's why I always got the lowest ranking and always breaks combo (in every songs I play). It takes time to learn this game.
KinkiN
More Plays = More Experience

i don't think that WW(W) and Cookiezi first 1000 plays are insane. Even my first 5000 plays are mostly normal and easy.
Fllandre
Don't give up, keep playing to improve your skills, 1 month is a very short time.

I am a CtB player, i'm here for about 1 year and still have problems with some maps, but i try to get better everyday and even if i can't fc a map, i still have fun with it.

Rouward wrote:

Sometimes I play osu!Mania 'cause it looks familiar. Having 87% accuracy in osu and 91% in mania is pretty good.
If you feel more comfortable with Mania try to improve more this mode. :)
deokoking
Juz play songs, have fun and before u know it, u might be good at osu! already
Winshley
Don't compare yourself to others, being competitive may come later. Instead, you should compare yourself on how you progress. ;)

There are ways to have fun, other than being competitive:
- Play just to enjoy the music
- Make a map of a music of your choice
- If you like drawing, consider making a skin
- Hang around at chat, and it doesn't have to be osu! related

Take a pick on which one of above suits you. ;)
Qplayer
Stop lurking these forums.That's really what makes you feel like you're terrible. The best metric for how good you are is yourself. If you feel bad about your ranks, just ignore the global ranks and look at the local ones. Are you getting #1 scores locally consistently? If so, that means you're improving. If you're improving, given enough time you'll be good at the game.

You could even just play offline entirely if it bugs you that much.
zozozofun
I can give you a hug if you'd like that.
Wishy
You got 100 plays over 45 days, that means you have probably spent more time posting here than playing (today). Which means on average you are playing like 10 minutes a day (assuming you play 4 minutes long maps without retrying once). Seriously what the hell are you expecting to happen? You've just started playing and you are already playing pretty much no time a day. x/
Zalaria
As the others have said, just keep practicing. No one becomes pro overnight. Hell I'm still having trouble with this game and sometimes I do rage when I constantly break my combos, but I keep goin at it. I've been playing for about 4 months now and I'm still in awe of some people on here. I wish to eventually be as good as some of the pros.

But yeah, just don't give up kay? ^^
ExCres
o.o
Lol my first 1k plays I couldn't FC a single normal map
3k plays later i can't FC a single hard map ;---;
(it takes time to improve not just 100plays)
reach 10kplays+ and then complain all you like :D

also try different modes

ctb for example :D
djjsixpack

Winshley wrote:

Don't compare yourself to others, being competitive may come later. Instead, you should compare yourself on how you progress.
@ OP: This is probably the best bit of advice you'll get. It's pretty depressing comparing yourself to people much better than you are. Focus on improving old records and moving on to harder stuff. Also once you get out of normal diffs, don't go back to them with dt/hr. It's useless.
Wishy
It's more about the fact that he is playing like 10 minutes a day (on average) other than he is getting depressed because he spectates Cookiezi...
Tamako Lumisade
I don't get the point of this topic.
Sup A Noob
I don't either.

That's way too much self-expectations coming from a beginner. Chill and just play for yourself for a good five months or so.

Like, steer clear of multiplayer until you are confident that you are good enough.
Topic Starter
Rouward

Xplayer1 wrote:

Stop lurking these forums.That's really what makes you feel like you're terrible. The best metric for how good you are is yourself. If you feel bad about your ranks, just ignore the global ranks and look at the local ones. Are you getting #1 scores locally consistently? If so, that means you're improving. If you're improving, given enough time you'll be good at the game.

That's only available to supporters. You're all lucky that you have enough money to be an supporter to have all those features not available to non-supporter. I don't have credit card or paypal just to be like that.

Hopefully the Local Ranking would be available to all non-supporter (at least).

Wishy wrote:

You got 100 plays over 45 days, that means you have probably spent more time posting here than playing (today). Which means on average you are playing like 10 minutes a day (assuming you play 4 minutes long maps without retrying once). Seriously what the hell are you expecting to happen? You've just started playing and you are already playing pretty much no time a day. x/
I play repeatedly until I finished a song (even with bad grade or ranking), and I play like 5 songs a day (due to work, other projects, and on FB)

Zalaria wrote:

As the others have said, just keep practicing. No one becomes pro overnight. Hell I'm still having trouble with this game and sometimes I do rage when I constantly break my combos, but I keep goin at it. I've been playing for about 4 months now and I'm still in awe of some people on here. I wish to eventually be as good as some of the pros.

But yeah, just don't give up kay? ^^
Alright. I won't give up easily! I'll keep playing!

djjsixpack wrote:

Winshley wrote:

Don't compare yourself to others, being competitive may come later. Instead, you should compare yourself on how you progress.
@ OP: This is probably the best bit of advice you'll get. It's pretty depressing comparing yourself to people much better than you are. Focus on improving old records and moving on to harder stuff. Also once you get out of normal diffs, don't go back to them with dt/hr. It's useless.
Okay everyone. Thank for your all advice, I should keep playing until becoming a good player like you guys (that would takes a long time).
Winshley

Rouward wrote:

Xplayer1 wrote:

That's only available to supporters. You're all lucky that you have enough money to be an supporter to have all those features not available to non-supporter. I don't have credit card or paypal just to be like that.

Hopefully the Local Ranking would be available to all non-supporter (at least).
It already is available to non-supporter...

You can't see Country Ranking and Friend Ranking because those are the ones that requires supporter. You don't need anything to see Local Ranking.
Topic Starter
Rouward

Thanks to everyone, I'm feeling better now! <3
iantanye
lol step it up noob nobody plays easy difficulty only noob play easy loll
Topic Starter
Rouward

Winshley wrote:

You can't see Country Ranking and Friend Ranking because those are the ones that requires supporter. You don't need anything to see Local Ranking.
Oops, I mean Country (I really forgot everything) >. <
Maybe I should save more money to be a supporter like everyone here does.

iantanye wrote:

lol step it up noob nobody plays easy difficulty only noob play easy loll
Yeah, just because I'm new to this game and you're already veteran (you're lucky that you can perfect every map in Hard Mode).
I usually play in Normal and Easy mode (if Normal is a bit hard), but soon I'll try Hard mode or even Insane.
Winshley
I started moving up to Hard diffs after 3~4 months of playing. :P

When I first started, I played some semi-Hard difficulty with a C rank. After those 4 months, I eventually improved it to SS with mods.
Kanye West

Winshley wrote:

I started moving up to Hard diffs after 3~4 months of playing. :P
Me too. Slow improvement master race!
SapphireGhost
Hello, I remember starting this game too. Playing all the lower-tier difficulties and getting really poor accuracy. According to archives I used to be #15,847 after a few months of playing. I was a newbie in every sense. You can look at this (2 years ago), for example and then this (recent).

If you're motivated, you can get better from wherever you are. Keep having fun and challenging yourself, but never to the point where you get stressed out about it. You'll do best if you feel good about what you're doing.
Wishy
Just play a lot and start playing hards at most 1 week after you first started playing.
Rinko
If you are willing to get better and practice, ranking up is really easy.

I went from like 155,000 to 8,500 in a month, so pretty sure everyone can do too.
buny

Senpai wrote:

If you are willing to get better and practice, ranking up is really easy.

I went from like 155,000 to 8,500 in a month, so pretty sure everyone can do too.
if everyone can do it then some people will be stuck at 155k still

just saying, it might be harder for some other people to improve.
sCam
if u wanna improve fast. average 5k plays a month. :D
Nessuka
You can become pro with practice if you're willing to risk permanent mental and physical damage by playing this game to those levels.
Just know that there is always a downside to something good.
Wishy

Rouward wrote:

I play repeatedly until I finished a song (even with bad grade or ranking), and I play like 5 songs a day (due to work, other projects, and on FB)
So, don't bother posting or even reading threads like this, just play more, you probably won't ever get good even after 5 years if you play 10 minutes a day at most...

I'm sure all those 150k rankers are just inactive or play 5 minutes a day.
buny

Ijah wrote:

You can become pro with practice if you're willing to risk permanent mental and physical damage by playing this game to those levels.
Just know that there is always a downside to something good.
could be said to nearly everything
show more