forum

Very Jealous To Everyone Here.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rouward
Since last week, I feel like I was left out by all of players here. Even newbies here can perfectedy a very hard mode. As a newcomer in music games (I lack in rhythm skills because I never played any music games), I give up playing this game for only a month. In every music I play, I always get the lowest rank ('cause this game is all about perfection and nothing else) and everyone here are already Supporter. It should be treated this game as friendly especially to newcomers like me.

I would say that this game is perfect, feedbacks are generally possitive and the most active community, however I having a bad feelings and still hurting me ( as I write this post) just because this games is about being a perfect and I always got a bad ranking.

I'm really sorry Peppy, I'm leaving this game for good (but don't delete my accunt please).

*sobs badly*
Marcin
You can't be perfect. Nothing is perfect.
Anyway, you can TRY to be perfect, but it still takes few months, or even years to be ALMOST perfect here.
I've been playing for about 1 year already, day after day, every week, every month, with small breaks. And I'm still bad. You shouldn't give up after 1 month of playing rhythm game, especially that you've never played any before. It's just impossible to be good (not even mentioning best) at this game, in one month.

Leaving a game because you're bad is dumb.

And to be supporter you have to pay. IT doesn't change a thing, you just get a better colour in chat, and osu!direct - nothing what could help you at playing.
dkun
Have you ever checked out #filipino? We're very newbie friendly and we take you from the first steps to the pro-level. We have players ranging from every skill level at every gamemode.

There's also some of us there that are willing to pay for people's supporter, including myself.

Bakit hindi ka mag tanong sa sariling language channel mo bago ka umalis? :p
Cyclohexane
People like me who suck at the game can find refuge into mapping. Granted, it's not any easier to get into, but you don't need any gaming skillz or anything.

Also remember that the reason that you play games is to have fun, not to show others how good you are.
VoidnOwO
:)
Kanye West

Rouward wrote:

Even newbies here can perfectedy a very hard mode.
Nah, most of us started really bad and slowly improved.

Except GladiOol. That bastard.
Kaona
Oh boohoo. "I've played this game for a month and I'm not amazing so I'm going to cry and quit."

Who the FUCK cares?!

I'm rank in the rank #10,000 - constantly being pushed out of the #9000 rank. Guess what? I play for fun, not for ranks. I can't pass most insanes and for the past 2 years I've been stuck on hard mode.

Stop comparing yourself to others and play it for fun because quite frankly your attitude is depressing. You've been here a MONTH, you aren't going to become an amazing player within such a short time.
Nicollo
i'm no supporter for half a year now and i don't feel bad about it

and my early months playing osu! mostly only A or B on easy mode beatmaps
but who gives a damn, i play for fun and i enjoy it
and i also enjoy watching replays from Godlike players like silvia and thelewa
they help me learn

there's no perfect in this world
but practice makes great
GladiOol

Kaona wrote:

Oh boohoo. "I've played this game for a month and I'm not amazing so I'm going to cry and quit."

Who the FUCK cares?!

I'm rank in the rank #10,000 - constantly being pushed out of the #9000 rank. Guess what? I play for fun, not for ranks. I can't pass most insanes and for the past 2 years I've been stuck on hard mode.

Stop comparing yourself to others and play it for fun because quite frankly your attitude is depressing. You've been here a MONTH, you aren't going to become an amazing player within such a short time.
quite frankly responding like that is quite depressing as well. oh oho ho hohh :~(
Kaona

GladiOol wrote:

Kaona wrote:

Who the FUCK cares?!

quite frankly responding like that is quite depressing as well. oh oho ho hohh :~(
ok
Josh The Biker
I suck at osu!. I can "barely" pass any Hard map, and some I can't even do. But you know what I do? I play for fun. I'm not dedicated on being the best. Games are about fun, not winning. I'm not a supporter either. OP, grow up. I started terrible at first, but I got better slowly. Sure it would be nice to be as good as some of the best like White Wolf, but we can't all become the best. 1 month isn't even enough time to be able to play professionally.
OzzyOzrock
If I had a dollar for every personI knew that quit after a month I'd be able to buy a single nike shoe.
Jazz
why can't everyone be nice to someone who's new and makes a thread in GD?
instead of saying 'omg OP u suck' or 'who r u?' or 'i don't care about u' or 'who cares about ur problem? huh?'
why not say something that can actually help him and not make fun of him like what a few of the posters here did

pagpasensyahan mo na yang mga gagong yan ah ganyan lang talaga sila kapag may gumagawa ng thread na off-topic sa GD
katulad ng sinabi ni dkun, subukan mo munang magsalita o makipag usap sa mga pinoy players mas magiging welcoming sila sa yo :)
birra
you will surely become much much MUCH better even than WW or even that cookie(+zi) if you really have a really really REEEEALLY bigbig-will. but yeee tbh i also play for fun, so idc at all about winning. no fun = no life for me ;w;
you gotta be smart to find some fun no matter eventhough you think that you suck in this game or in that game or wherever you are. as long you can find and have some fun, then why not? you ain't alone Josh <3 YAYAYAY *rolls rolls rolls rolls rolls*

ps: not sure if this thread is supposed to be in this- but ok *rolls away*
Cowtao
Osu! ain't serious monkey business. It's about fun. Sure, it's fun to be a little competitive at times to challenge your friends but it's mostly about the experience and the love of the game that counts. You could suck at the game and you could still have a great time. Now comparing me to the big pros out in Osu would be like comparing a mouse vs a cat but that isn't what matters. It's about having the most enjoyment of your game as possible.
skibblesx
I kinda sorta did this. (I played for maybe a total of 1 1/2 years though I been registered for 3 years)

I'm not a GREAT player, but it took me about 8 months to get up to Insane charts.
(BTW Im not a Supporter)

Occasionally I'll get a really cool score and get in the top 50 if im REALLY FUCKING LUCKY
But otherwise Im usually just thrown into the 500-800s AFTER of 1 1/2 years of playing.

A month won't give you shit.
AceTrainerAce
Just play for fun.

That's my advice from me to you.

I could barely even get an A-rank on any Easy map (though it's because I use a trackpad)
I've stuck with osu! though I'm bad at it. And, trust me, I didn't regret that.
Liut
thelewa syndrome
dkun
As "funny" as the OP might be, I suggest you take the thread seriously.

Jarby
Yeah don't go ducking up this thread.
UnderminE
No posting dancing lolis then
Jarby
Nah, just painting lolis.

Topic Starter
Rouward
I've read a lot of your replies, and mostly says it's for fun and not minding about ranks or becoming the best player. Maybe because I'm not familiar to this kind of rhythm game so I usually play in Very Easy and Normal osu!. I get frustrated at first why I'm always at the lowest rank just because I never used mods (during that time), but when I use a few mods like Hard Rock and Flash Light, the game becomes really addicting! Sometimes I play osu!Mania 'cause it looks familiar. Having 87% accuracy in osu and 91% in mania is pretty good.

I apologize everyone to my bad topic about hate speech (especially to Peppy which I mentioned him, I don't wanna do that again). Anytime soon, I'm gonna play osu again (just because of my work, projects, and social medias).

Thanks everyone, you're all my inspiration! ;)
Marcin
What.... I don't even....
VoidnOwO
:)
kiteku
Everyone keeps saying that they play the game for fun, but doesn't everyone have fun in different ways? Some people have fun trying to compete for high ranks, that's where their fun stems from. Personally, I think trying to get high ranks is fun, but that's countered by the fact that I don't have fun using mods.
Antero
if you're the kind of person who gets frustrated and gives up after a MERE 100 plays then you shouldn't be playing this game, hell, you shouldn't even be playing video games at all.
Purple

Antero wrote:

if you're the kind of person who gets frustrated and gives up after a MERE 100 plays then you shouldn't be playing this game, hell, you shouldn't even be playing video games at all.
dat sarcasm
silmarilen
why did this get moved to G&R?
Antero

Purple wrote:

Antero wrote:

dat sarcasm
i dont think you know how to use that word
show more