forum

Accuracy Rating Problem [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cowtao
Hey, this is my first time reporting an issue so sorry if I fall through.
For some reason when I deleted my file for Hyadain - CRASH!! the accuracy I got from the hard chart transferred onto my overall accuracy. However on my online accuracy it says I have a 91.00%. Is there any way I can fix this? ;w;

How it happened
Step 1: Played the song in the past and got a D on it.
Step 2: Removed song from unplayed songs.
Step 3: Later on deleted the song and the difficulties.
Step 4: Accuracy is somehow mixed in with mine.

http://puu.sh/2FZ6J.PNG / Note how I got into the online results page was me playing a different song entirely. Xenon.
Bauxe
I'm not 100% positive on this, but I believe the one that is displayed on the tile is your accuracy for songs that you got a high enough ranking in for PP, while the other accuracy listed is your overall accuracy over all your songs, including the ones you haven't gotten a decent ranking for.

Not sure if this is right, but it is what I have thought was the case.

edit: And since on your profile you got ranked in a song with a D, thats probably where your low accuracy came from.
XPJ38
The accuracy displayed at the end of a play is still the one coming from the "old" system (where basically it was a pure average of all the accuracies you got). It isn't updated anymore and it shouldn't be there, but it will be replaced in the near future.

So don't mind the 91.00%: your real acc is 69.24%.
Topic Starter
Cowtao
I'm still not sure...See heres the thing about the 91.00%
That accuracy already had the bad D rating affecting it. I played the song before, I just had the guts to play it again and now it's glitching my overall accuracy. The accuracy across the board, even on my profile at a time was probably 91.00% but ever since I deleted the song it's at 69.24% I don't know rather to play more songs and hope that it's just a bug or something I can easily get rid of easily in a few plays. I'll give you guys an update but it wouldn't hurt to have some more help too.

EDIT: I've also been having a problem with everything else reaching recently updated status. It always seems that the one song I deleted kept updating while I played a lot of other songs yet they were never recorded onto recently updated statuses except if it was an A, S, or an SS.
Bauxe

Cowtao wrote:

That accuracy already had the bad D rating affecting it. I played the song before, I just had the guts to play it again and now it's glitching my overall accuracy. The accuracy across the board, even on my profile at a time was probably 91.00% but ever since I deleted the song it's at 69.24% I don't know rather to play more songs and hope that it's just a bug or something I can easily get rid of easily in a few plays. I'll give you guys an update but it wouldn't hurt to have some more help too.
Well the 91% would be all of your plays averaged. Could you tell me what accuracy you have on the D? If its 69.24% thats the only song you have ranked high enough on (gotten PP from?) And thus is the only song giving you an accuracy percentage.
Topic Starter
Cowtao
...Sorry. I just don't quite understand this. I'm relatively new to Osu! so it's partially my fault on this. I'll give this an update as if this was just a glitch or it's something else.
XPJ38

Cowtao wrote:

Not sure about what? I already told you: your 91% isn't updated anymore (for ~2 months) and shouldn't be displayed. Forget about it.

Cowtao wrote:

That accuracy already had the bad D rating affecting it. I played the song before, I just had the guts to play it again and now it's glitching my overall accuracy.
Of course it is. That's because you had a better score on that map and thus got performance points, but got also a bad acc. Since your hit accuracy (the one shown on your profile) depends on these performance points, the D you just got has unfavorably affected it. So if you want to fix your 69%, you have to either play again that map and get a better score and acc or offset it by playing other maps, getting good accuracies and most of all getting performance points.

Also, deleting a map NEVER affects your stats.

And again: forget about the 91.00%, forever. Really, forget it. Now, focus on your true acc (69%, that is) and offset it by the ways I mentioned above.
Topic Starter
Cowtao

XPJ38 wrote:

Cowtao wrote:

Not sure about what? I already told you: your 91% isn't updated anymore (for ~2 months) and shouldn't be displayed. Forget about it.

Cowtao wrote:

That accuracy already had the bad D rating affecting it. I played the song before, I just had the guts to play it again and now it's glitching my overall accuracy.
Of course it is. That's because you had a better score on that map and thus got performance points, but got also a bad acc. Since your hit accuracy (the one shown on your profile) depends on these performance points, the D you just got has unfavorably affected it. So if you want to fix your 69%, you have to either play again that map and get a better score and acc or offset it by playing other maps, getting good accuracies and most of all getting performance points.

Also, deleting a map NEVER affects your stats.

And again: forget about the 91.00%, forever. Really, forget it. Now, focus on your true acc (69%, that is) and offset it by the ways I mentioned above.
Alrighty, if that's the way the system works on Osu! then I guess i'll go with it. I'm not too aware of which type of maps permit Performance points but when I played that song, then cleared the local score, then deleted it that's how it all happened. Either I am wrong and mumbling like an idiot or something else is up. I'll go with it and try to get a better score of the song I got. Thanks everyone for the help!