Total Posts
show more
[Loli-Flan]
Congratulations to all! :) :)
pimp
finally DJPop and xxheroxx are BAT !!

congratulations all :)
Zexous
Could we have some reasoning behind this?
Tari
Interesting. I don't have any doubts for you guys as long as this has a positive effect on the mapping community in general.

Congratz all former MATS.
deadbeat

Zexous wrote:

Could we have some reasoning behind this?

Ephemeral wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

may i ask why this has happened?
this was a response to role dilution over the past few months which very rapidly thinned the barrier between what MAT were expected to do and what the BAT actually did. a MAT was effectively a BAT that couldn't rank, but was trusted with assessing maps as rankable, which was a complete contradiction from the very start and only a stopgap measure introduced to help the staff team better identify maps that were slipping between the cracks in the ranking cycle.

with this change, the former MAT now have full access to all the tools they need to perform their jobs properly as they were doing before, and we get a bunch of fresh blood and new opinions in the team to boot.
Arnold0
Gratz all.
I think this is a good idea, but people who wanted to be MAT before will have over difficulty to enter the staff now because they will have to be trusted more.
ReVeNg3r
So now a player becomes automatically a BAT
hmm
CG
Zexous

Ephemeral wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

may i ask why this has happened?
this was a response to role dilution over the past few months which very rapidly thinned the barrier between what MAT were expected to do and what the BAT actually did. a MAT was effectively a BAT that couldn't rank, but was trusted with assessing maps as rankable, which was a complete contradiction from the very start and only a stopgap measure introduced to help the staff team better identify maps that were slipping between the cracks in the ranking cycle.

with this change, the former MAT now have full access to all the tools they need to perform their jobs properly as they were doing before, and we get a bunch of fresh blood and new opinions in the team to boot.
Thank you deadbeat, but I think it would help if Ephemeral edited this information onto the original post.

On a relevant note, as I think someone mentioned, this would make getting new members much harder as there is no role to test the waters of a person's responsibility.
GladiOol
you guys are making it seem like modding maps is hard, lol

the only thing new to this, will be the 'power' they get with it. they didn't have that in the MAT team either, so it'll always remain a 'test'.
OnosakiHito

Ephemeral wrote:

Members of the MAT who had a particular role (such as mania-only MAT or taiko-only MAT) will adopt that role amongst the BAT, and their forum titles will be updated in the coming days to reflect this.
I giggled about that, but okay.
Good luck.
Gero

BCI wrote:

Natteke wrote:

Congrats all :3!

Good Luck! I hope you have improvements to osu! :)!
Akhlis_old
I totally agree with this change.
Gratz to everyone.
Breeze
Farewell, MAT
Rotte
MAT,bye-bye....
theowest
If you haven't already, please read this topic for more information on how modding beatmaps are changing:
t/129625
gdeath
Congrats, DJPop, it's a way so long, now finally promoted to be a BAT. :) :)
gfcjyb
还记得以前还要MAT给pubble(是叫这个?)才能给BAT检查。。。
估计是对小白们解释MAT和BAT要长篇大论两回,现在只需要一回了。。。
cheesiest

Marcin wrote:

Natteke wrote:

Ceani

cheesiest wrote:

Natteke wrote:

Because I can
Low
locked seeing as nobody really has anything interesting to contribute anymore except quoting a gif seven thousand times and saying "grats"