forum

owc new rule request

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Metro
Due to recent developments I'd like to request to the owc organizers (Loctav?) to implement a 0 tolerance to cheaters rule.

Cheaters such as:

Clementine (ex moneto)
Lunah (now lesslunatic)
Pancake (ex Tom94/69)
Ignacio

Should be banned eternally for next owc's or official tournaments.

Once a cheater, always a cheater.

Thank you.
xsrsbsns

Metro wrote:

Wise words from a wise guy.
Wishy
IMO every player who was ever banned because of cheating should not be allowed on any official event, NO EXCEPTIONS.

Same applies to players (or even teams as a whole) who have continuosly tried to disrupt the event.

Once you have been banned because of cheating you can't be trusted.
PeaChick

Metro wrote:

Due to recent developments I'd like to request to the owc organizers (Loctav?) to implement a 0 tolerance to cheaters rule.

Cheaters such as:

Clementine (ex moneto)
Lunah (now lesslunatic)
Pancake (ex Tom94/69)
Ignacio

Should be banned eternally for next owc's or official tournaments.

Thank you.
ごみ
Kanye West

PeaChick wrote:

ごみ
Topic Starter
Metro

Wishy wrote:

IMO every player who was ever banned because of cheating should not be allowed on any official event, NO EXCEPTIONS.
This is precisely the rule I am requesting.

Wishy wrote:

Same applies to players (or even teams as a whole) who have continuosly tried to disrupt the event.
This is unrelated to this request.

Wishy wrote:

Once you have been banned because of cheating you can't be trusted.
Exactly.
Frostmourne

xsrsbsns wrote:

Metro wrote:

Wise words from a wise guy.
JAKACHAN
I cheated in counterstrike once when I was like 12. I haven't even looked at a cheat engine since.

Once a cheater not always a cheater.
JappyBabes

JAKACHAN wrote:

I cheated in counterstrike once when I was like 12.
rebellllll
Wishy
There is a big difference between casually and obviously cheating on some game you don't really care about and what people like this do (cheat, lie to everyone, get tons of e-penis, etc).
Topic Starter
Metro

JAKACHAN wrote:

I cheated in counterstrike once when I was like 12. I haven't even looked at a cheat engine since.

Casual cheating =! competitive cheating.
Mara
I used the Konami Code in Contra, but then I realized that I didn't need it.

But this rule does sound pretty good.
JAKACHAN

Metro wrote:

JAKACHAN wrote:

osu! is not nearly as competetive as counterstrike tournaments.

Oh and I cheated in counterstrike tournaments where you actually could get paid money.

I was more around the age of 14-15 when I did it.

My post still stands.
Mara
ESL or ESEA?
Topic Starter
Metro

JAKACHAN wrote:

Metro wrote:

osu! is not nearly as competetive as counterstrike tournaments.

Oh and I cheated in counterstrike tournaments where you actually could get paid money.

I was more around the age of 14-15 when I did it.

My post still stands.
There are always exceptions. But there's also only your word. We can't believe cheaters promises. Not even Clementine can be trusted. He could've hacked in owc and we'll never know.
Makar
Cheaters/Multi's can be dealt with on a bigger level (ex getting banned from this game). However, if a user is not banned and they don't do anything that disrupts the tournaments or other official events, I would consider it okay. If the user cheats during the matches, then it will be dealt with as well.
Topic Starter
Metro

Makar wrote:

Cheaters/Multi's can be dealt with on a bigger level (ex getting banned from this game). However, if a user is not banned and they don't do anything that disrupts the tournaments or other official events, I would consider it okay. If the user cheats during the matches, then it will be dealt with as well.
You can't be 100% sure that the suspected player isn't cheating.

Clementine made a lot of cheated scores and no one even noticed until he purposely did it to get banned.
Makar

Metro wrote:

Makar wrote:

Clementine made a lot of cheated scores and no one even noticed until he purposely did it to get banned.
I think players of something as big as OWC maybe get looked into for cheating. If it's actually reported or specifically looked into, the upper staff seems pretty good at finding out if they are a cheater or not.
Frostmourne
one thing easy to be clear

It just looks ugly when the ex-cheater participates in the official tournament even if he does cheat while competitating or not.
It's like an insulting when the ex-cheater can be popular. That exactly insults players who intentionally play on their spirit.

last thing, it looks so extremely biased, nothing else when the moderators try to overlook these cheaters.
That makes moderator team look worse totally.
JappyBabes

Metro wrote:

How did any of you believe that his scores on atama/revolution/chocobo were legit???
Kanye West

JappyBabes wrote:

Metro wrote:

How did any of you believe that his scores on atama/revolution/chocobo were legit???
because cookiezi and onlyforyou can do the same thing
show more