forum

How to get the fastest AR?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
iTopher
Before anyone says "HR" or "AR10", I'm pretty sure thats not true. I've seen somewhere that you can get faster than that (through dt?), but im not sure.
Do you guys know how to get the fastest AR?
enik
try FL
Luna
AR10 + DT
So basically AR8 or higher with HR+DT
winber1
HR and DT both increase AR. But to reach AR 11 you need to have at least AR 8 and DT + HR to reach it.
-GN
AR10 = AR10 = 450ms
AR10.33 = AR9+DT = 400ms
AR10.87 = AR7+HR+DT = 320ms
AR11 = AR10+DT = AR8/9/10+HR+DT = 300ms

Something like this
silmarilen
GoldenWolf

edit: ninja'd
Kanye West
There's a map with AR100 or something, I forgot what it was. I used to have it on my old computer though.
Loves
Search "AR 11" on beatmap listings (don't forget to put preferences as ALL) and there should be a few packs with AR 11.
Rokk

Kanye West wrote:

There's a map with AR100 or something, I forgot what it was. I used to have it on my old computer though.
Probably back in the days when you could still edit the .osu file to get a higher AR. Or maybe that's still possible, I don't know.
Loves
Fastest AR =! Best AR

I can't even read AR 9 now cuz of spam HDHR T.T
Almost

Lily-Kun wrote:

Fastest AR =! Best AR

I can't even read AR 9 now cuz of spam HDHR T.T
That's what happens when you only play maps that have 1 circle on the screen at a time.
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
put to skin an invisible approachcircle.png and you get AR∞
silmarilen

[CSGA]Ar3sgice wrote:

put to skin an invisible approachcircle.png and you get AR∞
nope
winber1

[CSGA]Ar3sgice wrote:

put to skin an invisible approachcircle.png and you get hidden
Juphie

Teraku wrote:

Kanye West wrote:

Probably back in the days when you could still edit the .osu file to get a higher AR. Or maybe that's still possible, I don't know.
no, it doesn't work anymore, osu! will say the file is corrupted.
Wishy
There are ARs "higher than AR10 DT" but they are storyboard made, max you can really get is AR 10 + DT.
Aqo
Without the usage of storyboarding, it's possible to get AR11.5.

To do so, set a map to AR10, and watch it with Auto with no other mods. Once you did this, click on the [2x speed] option on the right side (this option isn't available with DT). The auto play will be sped on a level that will increase the AR from 10 to 11.5, being significantly faster than AR11.
While it's not possible to play on this "for real" (since auto is playing), you can still get a skin where the cursor is invisible, rendering auto's play non-visible, and then play blankly on the map as it goes. Practicing on this makes other ARs look respectively slower, even AR11.
Yarissa

Aqo wrote:

Without the usage of storyboarding, it's possible to get AR11.5.

To do so, set a map to AR10, and watch it with Auto with no other mods. Once you did this, click on the [2x speed] option on the right side (this option isn't available with DT). The auto play will be sped on a level that will increase the AR from 10 to 11.5, being significantly faster than AR11.
While it's not possible to play on this "for real" (since auto is playing), you can still get a skin where the cursor is invisible, rendering auto's play non-visible, and then play blankly on the map as it goes. Practicing on this makes other ARs look respectively slower, even AR11.
I find that ghosting a map/ player doesn't really help you fix habits or improve, though.
Aqo

Kaoru wrote:

I find that ghosting a map/ player doesn't really help you fix habits or improve, though.
If your main intention is training to have a faster reaction time to a specific thing, it works great. For other things it's probably not useful at all, but for this it is.
zerod
play DT with ar9 or ar10
she_old
or use a hack to play with 2.0x speed for an AR higher than ar11