forum

greenlight [invalid] [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
unown123
osu! should be on steam greenlight so that more players can learn of this game and can also help support osu!
theowest
It's mostly just up to peppy if he even wants the game on steam. I don't think it will ever be fully integrated with the Steam service, mainly because osu! depends so much on this website.
Many of the things Steam provides to games, already exist in osu!, like the steam chat which works a lot differently from the already existing osu! irc chat. I feel like Steam is something needed for games missing many of the things osu! already has.
TakuMii
This could bring a lot of new users to osu!, but I have a feeling that song copyrights will prevent this from getting approved.
Mara
Already discussed, not going to happen and I am glad it's not going to happen.
James2250
t/122271
t/56427

I'm just going to deny this based on

MillhioreF wrote:

Ephemeral wrote:

osu! receives enough publicity via word of mouth. we don't particularly want any more exposure.
t/56427

Reasons for denying this are in that thread. It's been discussed for a while, but osu! wouldn't really benefit from Steam.
TheVileOne
Yeah. We don't need any lawsuits because someone decided to map an English artist. And it keeps the trolls away (some of them).