forum

Freemode DoubleTime

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +579
show more
GladiOol

Stefan wrote:

Honestly, replace the bold part with HT and I am fine with it. Not only because it would be fair to HT but also because it's exactly the same.
Double Time: being first to finish the map, having to wait for the rest.
Half Time: being last to finish the map, making everybody wait for you.

HMM I WONDER WHAT THE DIFFERENCE IS.
Stefan
Double Time: having to wait for others because they didn't picked DT.

Sure that others have to wait. I mean the "exactly the same" that the concept works as the same. Also I said that people needs to count with people that want to use HT. Just because some are unpatient to wait for these HT player HT shouldn't be able as Free Mode? no.
Raging Bull
I think it's because people playing DT chose to DT knowing that the people who picked DT will have to wait after the others finish. If people pick HT, other people might not like it having to wait for the people who picked HT.
theowest
Yeah, having half time as a freemod is a terrible idea. This is why this request is just about DoubleTime.
Stefan
Then disable i.e Flashlight because people are bitching around "hurr durr fl player noob gay hax0r" ^^
Raging Bull
Huh? We're talking about freemods in multi. Kyou-kun's thread is the other way.
Stefan
It was meant to be sarcasm. Aww I forgot this doesn't work at the Internet well. However I personally really see no reason to ignore/still disabling HT because some people don't want to wait. my 2ct
Lanturn
Eh.. if this was ever implemented, find a way to let the ones who finish early auto-spectate a random player in their match while they wait.

I doubt this would be possible, but its an idea to make the wait time more bearable for the 'rage quitters' lol

Freemode for double time would help me out a lot due to the fact that I play Flashlight more than DT and any friends I play with all use DT on hard/insanes which I can't keep up with.

Anyways, just wanted to post the 'auto-spectator' idea. I don't really think this feature would work out well in the long run though.
theowest

Lanturn wrote:

Eh.. if this was ever implemented, find a way to let the ones who finish early auto-spectate a random player in their match while they wait.

I doubt this would be possible, but its an idea to make the wait time more bearable for the 'rage quitters' lol
it's there own free choice to chose doubletime and end earlier than everyone else. you could just wait in some chat channel in the meantime. it's usually never longer than a minute.
Topic Starter
_noone_
<>
bomber34
I told a friend of this idea and he just replied
YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
I myself support it too ... even though I have no stars
Like mentioned couple of times before: People who chose DT as free mod are fine with waiting for others.
Unless they play the unforgiving marathon they shouldn't have to wait more than 30 - 60 seconds anyway
Topic Starter
_noone_
<>
Xivaxi
I have no stars to give, but if I did, you would have all of them.

I want to be able to practice DT in multiplayer rooms without angering everyone present...
DJNightmare
Perhaps, you can allow the players to "finish" first, so the DT players can look at each other's scores. Until then, perhaps the players can choose to spectate players in the room. The players who played DT will have their score shown in a windows (perhaps just like the video settings windows), and can choose to either go and spectate players in the rooms while their scores are still displayed on that windows, and they can also compare the scores if they would want to. If they choose to wait, they can just go to the result screen and go back to the room menu. However, there will be a button to choose to spectate people in the room in-case the players change their mind.

Anyway, that is what i thought of to resolve the waiting problem
jemhuntr
support. (I think)

it would be nice to have more freedom. about the scores being not updated equally, it could be possible that the (in the pov of a non-DT player) scores of DT players would be delayed, so it synchronizes the scores. But on the pov of a DT player, it would be impossible so meh.
Topic Starter
_noone_
<>
Consciously
could also be this, that when I finish the player with dt could expect other players to not get bored :)
ieb
Play DT/HT but score update should be synchronized with None.
I think it's better.
she_old

Keyone94 wrote:

i dont know what to say to it anymore =/
then there's no need to post ;p
-libili

theowest wrote:

MillhioreF wrote:

but at the same time I don't really like finishing ahead of everyone else and having a pre-determined result for them to try to catch up to.
I guess this can be partly solved by just displaying all live results on the left as if they were your speed, but that won't work if you're the one playing with Doubletime. Definitely a problem then.
this could work,

Your current Score appears up right. (1,5x speed)

On liveboard it appears how you would earn in 1,0x (speed) but still 1,12x multiplier

everything works on computer systems :3

For example:
Map: Dormir - Sayonara Trip [Insane]

REAL SCOREBOARD (everytime appear for itself) ((UP/RIGHT))
-libili (DT) - 00:45 - 2,341,524 - 97,52%
theowest (DT) - 00:45 - 2,321,566 - 96,24%
Tony - 00:30 - 1,565,900 - 100%
she - 00:30 - 1,564,940 - 99,67%

Realtime Scoreboard (how i said you have that score below, it show's that one in scoreboard) ((SCOREBOARD))
Like how ur score were on 30 seconds. NOT ur current time
theowest (DT) - 00:30 - 1,740,226 - 99,55%
-libili (DT) - 00:30 - 1,721,240 - 98,67%
Tony - 00:30 - 1,565,900 - 100%
she - 00:30 - 1,564,940 - 99,67%
chaotic_iak
^ What about HT players? (Unless the scoreboard is set for the slowest speed played among the players.)
Kaeru

BRBP wrote:

Can't you people find another way to show off rather than joining multi rooms with DT?

Too bad there's no anti-votes, this thread would get every single one I have.
I agree with this, and everything else BRBP has said in this topic. Having DT or HT as free mods would defeat the purpose of multiplayer. These games are meant to be played in realtime, and it would make no sense for some person with DT on to be in first place when the other players haven't even got to that part of the song yet.

In addition, it would be unfair to allow players to choose DT but not HT. All players of all skill levels should be considered when changing game mechanics like this, and I don't think it's fair to allow a good player to play a song faster without allowing a bad player to slow the song down. This would henceforth cause even more problems, because then every single person without HT on would have to wait, and players with DT on would have to wait a ridiculous amount of time for players that have HT enabled.

In conclusion: if you want to change the speed of the song for yourself only, just go to single player. If you want to share that with others, that's what spectating is for. Multiplayer is there to play along with other people.
a newbie
I'd be willing to bet, that the people saying no to this idea are the same people that refuse to turn on free mod for others when asked. It's like making the game harder for yourself is hurting there enjoyment somehow.

The 'realtime' arguement is the best reason you guys can come up with to disagree with this request, and I imagine with a bit of effort this can be worked around.

To say people just want to "show off" is just pathetic. Most people that want this feature, want it because it better suits their play style. For people that use mods almost exclusively it is extremely hard to find rooms that offer an enjoyable experience. This is why freemods was added, however it ignores a large portion of players who play DT.

Stop being negative just because your idea of multiplayer differs from theirs.
Kaeru
I'm fine with free mod. I always have it selected in my rooms. I don't see why it would ever be a more enjoyable experience for someone to willingly play the song out of sync with everyone else. What is the point of this? Instead of sitting around waiting after every song you choose to "enjoy" with DT, you could simply have went to single player to play it.

I could understand if DT was something mandatory for getting high ranks on songs, but it's really not. Single player is always better for this anyways. If the song is too easy without DT on, then just ask for a harder song? Or go to a room where they won't mind putting DT on for you.

There was a reason why this mod wasn't implemented in free mods. From a game design point of view, I agree with peppy's decision.
pielak213
­
VoidnOwO
:)
pielak213
­
NixXSkate
idk isn't the whole point of multiplayer to battle against other players in realtime? i mean, if the song is too easy to not be DT'd, then aren't you playing against others that are probably out of your league anyway?

i guess i can understand if you're playing multiplayer with a group of friends (or against HD+HR players), but even then, it might make the people not using DT feel like they're inconveniencing everyone by making the others wait for them to finish. i'm sure MANY DT players would just leave a room when they finished anyway.
Tshemmp

NixXSkate wrote:

idk isn't the whole point of multiplayer to battle against other players in realtime? i mean, if the song is too easy to not be DT'd, then aren't you playing against others that are probably out of your league anyway?
Sometimes I don't want to play against my friends but with them, i.e. being in the same multiplayer room playing osu!. I also wouldn't have any problem waiting for the other players to finish.
-[Cow]-
Full support and +1 star ... if i have one XD
Will3x
in some (shooter) games, where u die, you go to spectate mode untill the game is over and you respawn again.

isnt this possible with multiplay? when the player with the DT mod finished, you can spectate the others in the game.
then with left and right keys you can switch players. just a quick idea that came to mind.

anyways I support this
Saoji
The DT player could also wait at the beginning. So everyone will finsh at the same time. And it will give a chance to people who are not using DT to do even better than usual in case the dt player is good.
I'm not a DT player, but I like this request, even if it doesn't sound really nice ..to wait.. everyone hates it. It will be fine for 2 or 3 plays then you'll rage.
jesse1412
The fact that this isn't in game still annoys me every time I play MP with friends playing easier maps. I want to talk to my friend WHILE enjoying the game, is that really so bad?
boat
Despite that I agree with it being pretty wonky having to either wait to start or wait to finish, I still want this.
Dexus
ignore
buny

Dexus wrote:

Why even have this. Play solo if you're too unfocused to enjoy maps at a moderate pace. This is a rhythm game and If you can't do even simple stuff that's sad. I honestly enjoy simple maps that follow well with the music instead of overly-mapped pieces of crap that have stuff everywhere just because hurr durr difficulty.
There wouldn't be that many people complaining about this if there was a chat room feature, since a lot of people play multi with friends regardless of the skill levels.
Either add in DT in free mods or add in a chat room feature and there's really nothing else to complain about. I'm sure nobody really looks at each others scores too in multi so that's negligible too.
Oinari-sama
I just want to add that sometimes in mp the lower ranked friends actually "request" higher ranked players use DT/HR. In their view it makes the game more interesting cause they know that I'll suffer (lol)

The sole purpose of this request is not just for showing off, it really helps when you play with friends.
Dexus
ignore
Oinari-sama
Wait I'm confused...

For those who're against this request, what's your main concern? So far I haven't seen anyone complaining about this request being game breaking in anyway, though I'll admit that I haven't read through every single post in this thread.

What I saw in the recent posts are just arguments about how playing DT = Showing off and I think it's a bit off tangent. The main concern in this thread was regarding how to match the time difference between normal and DT mod, can't we focus on that instead?
-____-_old

Oinari-sama wrote:

For those who're against this request, what's your main concern?
They're afraid to be beaten by a DT user in multiplayer while playing nomod, they like to cover it up by calling it "playing rhythm games incorrectly" while everyone has their own way of enjoying the game and nobody has the right to call someone else's way of enjoying a game wrong.
show more