forum

Freemode DoubleTime

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +579
Topic Starter
_noone_
i am sry if this request already excists but i neither found one by looking through the request forum nor with the google search

i would like to see DT as a free mod for multiplayer

Pro:
- no problem for the OSU System itself
- no work for the programmers
- same rights for DT players
- more varity for multiplayer
- only the players who really want to play DT have negative effects ( but its theire own choice after all )

Con:
- the players will have to wait at the end for the other players
---> noone forces a player too play with DT , so its theire own decision to choose it (and they know for themself that they will have to wait)
- DT players could ragequit cause of the boring waiting time
--> players ragequit all the time, it wont get more or less because of DT *1
- the scoring woudn't be updated equaly (DT players are finished before the rest of the players)

*1 about the same number of player raging cause of DT, didn't ragequit cause they could play with DT instead of nomode

i know that half time would cause problems (the other players would have to wait) so i wont ask for half time
it would be really great to have the posibillity of playing DT in multi

greets key, hoping for response

edit: editted to be a real pro / con topic so we can list reasons for and against DT as free mode
theowest
that means the players will end at different times, which isn't good when the song is long. there can sometimes be several minutes in difference if the song is quite long.
deadbeat
peppy stated in the original thread that he won't add it

peppy wrote:

If I was to implement this, it would exclude DT and HT completely from the per-user selection, because I believe multiplayer should always be played in realtime. The host would still have control over the game speed.
Topic Starter
_noone_
<>
theowest
that actually makes a lot of sense, I support this.
Seph

Keyone94 wrote:

even if the song is long, the players still choose for themself to wait at the end,
its not like anyone forces them
wow exactly, i mean its freemod after all, its your mod choice, so if you choose DT you'll have to wait for the others, i support this. (no stars though Q_Q)
ursa
Support, player have a rights to to play DT in multi as Free mod :(
Tshemmp
yespleaseyespleaseyesplease
noone forces a player too play with DT , so its theire own decision to choose it (and they know for themself that they will have to wait)
+++++
[ Rii ]
yes please :D

+2
Fllandre

theowest wrote:

that means the players will end at different times, which isn't good when the song is long. there can sometimes be several minutes in difference if the song is quite long.
I wonder how this will work in maps like this :/

Long time to wait...

Anyway:

Keyone94 wrote:

---> noone forces a player too play with DT , so its theire own decision to choose it (and they know for themself that they will have to wait)
Yep :lol:
Tshemmp

Kamui7 wrote:

I wonder how this will work in maps like this :/

Long time to wait...
who plays marathons in multi anyway \o/
Fllandre

Tshemmp wrote:

Many people :o every day i see games with marathons maps, ok, not paraparamax, but this and this are pretty common
Tshemmp

Kamui7 wrote:

Tshemmp wrote:

Many people :o every day i see games with marathons maps, ok, not paraparamax, but this and this are pretty common
dude, DT on these maps ._.
Fllandre

Tshemmp wrote:

dude, DT on these maps ._.
i know, but... well, think in all the crazy people here XD

I've seen people playing the first map with DT :o and failing XD

Also, many approved maps, marathons or not, are still too long and various of these playable with DT.
VoidnOwO
:)
boat

BRBP wrote:

Can't you people find another way to show off rather than joining multi rooms with DT?

Too bad there's no anti-votes, this thread would get every single one I have.
Chances of this happening are close to zero anyways, stars are of zero value regardless of the amount.
chaotic_iak
I get what peppy intends.

If you're only comparing scores, play solo each and report the scores (+ replay if you want more authenticity). Multi is supposed to be so you can see your standing realtime; as the song is played, you can see how you rank among the others at any moment in the song.

For that reason too, I say no.
Tshemmp

BRBP wrote:

Can't you people find another way to show off rather than joining multi rooms with DT?

I want this not for showing off but to play with lower level friends.
VoidnOwO
Compa

BRBP wrote:

TheVileOne
I think this will become more feasible when peppy decides to overhaul the lobby/ multiplayer aspect of the game. It would be pretty sloppy if this were implemented and you were stuck at the waiting for players to finish screen for minutes.

I just thought of a potential flaw with this system. If people play with double time, they will be more likely to just quit before the rest of the players in the room are finished. It might get annoying when people make a habit of joining and then leaving before the final result is calculated.

It would be nice if we had the ability to choose which mods are optional, and which mods cannot be chosen for Free mod.
Wishy
Problem would be:

Say we are playing a 10 minutes map. When I finish you would still have to play like 3 more minutes, yet you would already know my final result and if you are gonna be able to beat me or not, I'm guessing that's the problem peppy is referring to.
jesse1412

Wishy wrote:

Problem would be:

Say we are playing a 10 minutes map. When I finish you would still have to play like 3 more minutes, yet you would already know my final result and if you are gonna be able to beat me or not, I'm guessing that's the problem peppy is referring to.
..So release their progress at the same speed as the no mod players, as in feed the scores slower.
Topic Starter
_noone_
<>
rexcannon
I think if this did happen the DT player should have to wait until his run will match the others finish time, instead of waiting for all the others to finish. But that might require more work than just having them wait.
she_old

BRBP wrote:

Or people simply enjoy fast things with DT more and don't give a damn wether people are impressed or not.
And there might not be a single friend online at the time that likes to play DT.

If you people don't like seeing other people enjoying themselves with mods and consider it "showing off" then you should completely avoid free mod in the first place. And honestly I don't see the issue with someone coming in a room and beating everyone with hard mods, if people feel like a noob from seeing that they should grow up.
laport
I like to play with DT/NC AND I like to take breaks, this would be perfect and less people would leave my games because they have no patience
VoidnOwO
jesse1412

BRBP wrote:

she wrote:

And there might not be a single friend online at the time that likes to play DT.
Play with randoms then, I don't have any issues getting people to join whenver I play insanes with DT. I've only added 4 friends... + people who's scores I want to check with friend rankings

she wrote:

If you people don't like seeing other people enjoying themselves with mods and consider it "showing off" then you should completely avoid free mod in the first place. And honestly I don't see the issue with someone coming in a room and beating everyone with hard mods, if people feel like a noob from seeing that they should grow up.
I only meant DT, it desyncs everyone and that wouldn't be multiplayer anymore. I don't care if "other people are enjoying themselves with mods", but there's no point in doing that in MP. Make your own DT room or play solo.

These things have to be implemented if DT becomes a free mod:

jesus1412 wrote:

..So release their progress at the same speed as the no mod players, as in feed the scores slower.
2. Forces them to wait for everyone else; only way to leave would be closing the client.

3. Option to disallow DT (+ relax etc that are being suggested in other threads) and only allow people to pick the free mods we currently have.
There is no reason to disable mods for other people, they aren't hurting you, people are just having fun with friends of a different skill level. Disable all the mods or none of the mods, if you're going to disable one why wouldn't you want to disable them all?

Also why would they have to close the client? Can't they just go back to the lobby and get the results screen when everyone else finishes?
VoidnOwO
ursa
anyway , playing multi with you can play use DT as you want i better than forcing the whole player into playing with DT, for my experience, I've always be rejected to play with DT or most of player in the multi room are quitting just becuase I'm on the host turn & I'm just only play 1 maps with DT.
MillhioreF
I somewhat agree with this, but at the same time I don't really like finishing ahead of everyone else and having a pre-determined result for them to try to catch up to. No support.
theowest

MillhioreF wrote:

but at the same time I don't really like finishing ahead of everyone else and having a pre-determined result for them to try to catch up to.
I guess this can be partly solved by just displaying all live results on the left as if they were your speed, but that won't work if you're the one playing with Doubletime. Definitely a problem then.
she_old

BRBP wrote:

Play with randoms then, I don't have any issues getting people to join whenver I play insanes with DT. I've only added 4 friends... + people who's scores I want to check with friend rankings
Yeah, but the songs I like to DT scare people away most of the time and thus I can't enjoy myself with others, sure playing easy stuff with DT (like Rapture, Theme of Laura, Black Lotus, etc.) makes easy DT rooms because everyone can pass those songs, I saw those kinda rooms occasionally when I still played but they're boring, I don't play DT to get easy FCs, I play it to enjoy myself with something that's challenging. Picking easier songs just to keep people in the room is really boring for some >_>

BRBP wrote:

I only meant DT, it desyncs everyone and that wouldn't be multiplayer anymore. I don't care if "other people are enjoying themselves with mods", but there's no point in doing that in MP. Make your own DT room or play solo.
Sad thing that nobody joins my DT rooms nor that people make ones that are fun for me and solo is so lonely, I like to get to know other fun maps every now and then.

BRBP wrote:

jesus1412 wrote:

Also why would they have to close the client? Can't they just go back to the lobby and get the results screen when everyone else finishes?
Why would you want to join a MP room if you're going to leave before everyone else finishes? Find another way to show off and leave the room slots to people who really want to chat and play.
Finding more maps is easier that way, and it's boring to play a lot stuff nomod.

BRBP wrote:

jesus1412 wrote:

Disable all the mods or none of the mods, if you're going to disable one why wouldn't you want to disable them all?
If someone is using DT, you're not playing with them in real-time, you're just seeing their score rise while they're getting coffee knowing they'll be back before others finish.

Relax/Autopilot/Autoplay should be obvious, even to you.
But then we're back about what jesse said with delaying the score display during the match so it seems realtime.

theowest wrote:

MillhioreF wrote:

but at the same time I don't really like finishing ahead of everyone else and having a pre-determined result for them to try to catch up to.
I guess this can be partly solved by just displaying all live results on the left as if they were your speed, but that won't work if you're the one playing with Doubletime. Definitely a problem then.
Well I doubt DT players would feel butthurt from seeing scores gathering up out of sync
jesse1412

BRBP wrote:

Why would you want to join a MP room if you're going to leave before everyone else finishes? Find another way to show off and leave the room slots to people who really want to chat and play.
"Some people MIGHT show off and leave a miltiplayer match with maps they obviously enjoy playing and most likely wont want to leave which is bad for some reason because they're showing off so we shouldn't let ANYONE play it because they might show off and hurt my ego."

People can show off with HD/HR and easy mod. DT would be no different and I'm pretty sure we've all spent WAY longer than 5 matches waiting for a new map to be picked and people to lock in in multiplayer. If you're playing doubletime then you pretty much acknowledge that you're going to have to wait an extra while. Also people who use DT would have MORE time to chat, multiplayer is a social thing as you said, so you actually put forth a counter argument.

That entire argument you put forward is "people damage my ego by using another mod so they shouldn't be able to use it".
Topic Starter
_noone_
<>
show more