forum

Courses in osu!mania/Taiko/CtB gamemodes ( or osu!std )

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +16
Topic Starter
Musty
I guess you guys know what i mean,
if you don't, see what a course actually is in stepmania :

It could be possible to edit the .osu to do things like that? i got a lot of inspiration, and also, if it's already possible with files value, tell me, didn't see any map with this type of mapping.
Anyways, lot of people would love maps like this.
Also, i don't know what you guys think of, since it could be a problem if people are using this not correctly for ranking maps.
Maybe it could be unrankable patterns? anyways, this type of mapping is interesting and show how skilled you are. already played some with a DDR pad, it's so insane.
DJNightmare
This feature would be a good opportunity to give Osu! an even bigger challenge to the games if this were to be put into the game itself.
For example, if you are planning to incorporate the mods seen in the screen.

These would also be perfect to set-up a new system for Osu! editors, having to incorporate SB into the notes. (I must sound crazy now)
Basically applying the SB factors into notes itself, like
Alex311360
Support.

Also, here's my more detailed writing of the Courses.

SPOILER
A course has or does not have modifiers which change the way the playfield looks. Sometimes quite small, sometimes quite radically. It also includes a set of songs, depending on how much the creator wants. Some courses do not have mods, and are just a set/playlist.

An example of this in In The Groove:

A text editor is required to get the mods the way you want them, or there COULD be a new section in the editor.

Text will appear to the right showing what mods are happening right now. These can be disabled in the options (if possible).

Mods that could be added:
Expand - Will change from moving from fast to slow through out the time of use
Mini - Shrinks playfield, judgement and notes.
Speed Mods - Can be specific, like 0.5, 2.3, 6.5, etc. Changes how fast the notes come to the hit area. This is already a THING, but could be used in a different way for courses without the message popping up.
Fade Out and Fade In - Fade Out is like Hidden. However, with Fade In it's the opposite. Instead of it going out of view early, it comes into view late.

There are many more mods, but I can't list them all.

I think this would be great, as this would open up to more people who can't map, but can create things that make the game harder.

These are SEPERATE from marathons. However, mods do not have to be in the courses, it can just be a songlist.

It could be like:
Course Name: Progressively Insane
Mods: YES
Course by: Alex311360
Song 1 - ??? by Anonymous [Unknown (Someone)]
Song 2 - India: A Travel Survival Kit by Jar [Beginner (JarJarJacob)]
Song 3 - Fallen World by DragonForce [Legend (Jenny)]

This info would be displayed when selected in the Course mode.

I'm not a good photoshopper or artist, so I have to write that in text.

I don't know how well this would work in other gamemodes, as I do not know how the mods would work with them.

Sorry if I'm being too informative, but this I would like to see in osu!.

Thanks if you can do this.
- Marco -
This would be cool in osu!

Support.
Stefan
That looks awful.
Kitokofox
This feels similar to a previous request that's been spinning around for a while... The name escapes me, though.
XinCrin
Looks great but maybe could be very hard to create for peppy :c
xxbidiao
I think this had been requested for years, but (1) Peppy hold negative thought on previous post (2) This may need huge work (another ranking system).

However support +999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
xxbidiao
bump this up.

I think that it's good to reconsider it in the hibernating period of new features...
Abel
I like the idea of SB into notes, even if it sounds hard like fark to develop that
Imagine only like water drop effect when you click the notes <3