not strange at all ・ω・
But I think Im the only who plays of that form ;w;
Pyczon
Z,X,C,V <3
milky228_old
I've only been playing taiko for a couple of weeks but i've settled for erop
hanyuuchan
i'm using laptop to play, so i use this key config: ZX./
for drumrolls, im tapping (or jackhammering :) ) Z and X.
Ak1o
GHJK is my current configuration... had two others, but the keys got damaged... (^-^')7
Seikunai
DC NJ
seasonS
centre left = x
centre right = 1 (on number pad)
rim left = z
rim right = 2 (on the number pad)

I like having my hands spaced out
Lover
kddk
vbnm
lylaghost
QWOP
Reyvateil

Drobbouk wrote:

QWOP
*shudders*

Starting Taiko in osu! this week, using the same config I used in TaikoJirou: SX.;
R i n k a_old
ddkk style :3

qwop
The Muffin Man
I became decent at DDKK [ZX NP1 NP2] but recently switched to KDDK [DFJK] after partially finding Katsu streams a little difficult (osu! standard convert) - but mainly after seeing that it was uncommon. I'm now a little worse at most patterns :P

Are there any patterns that a DDKK layout makes easier?
XK2238

The Muffin Man wrote:

Are there any patterns that a DDKK layout makes easier?
complicated streams, but those are rare. Also dddkkkdddkkk... / vice versa.
boat

XK2238 wrote:

complicated streams, but those are rare. Also dddkkkdddkkk... / vice versa.
You mean ddkkddkk. Clusters of uneven numbers above 1 are a pain in the ass.

It's all subjective anyways, neither is harder or easier, just has a different learning curve. Compare it to singletapping(kddk) vs alternating(ddkk).
The Muffin Man
Though I'm not as good with KDDK yet as I was with DDKK in some cases, playing is a lot more comfortable for me now, especially complicated (not very btw) streams. I chose DDKK because it made sense at the time - now I realise that because my right hand is much slower than my left, KDDK makes things easier than DDKK.
NoYzE
[m,.-] "m" and "-" are rims and "," and "." are center.
it's pretty much in the middle in front of me.
But i have a German keyboard, so it may be different on yours if it sounds weird^^
Basically it's the bottom row the 4 outer keys from the right.
MarioBound
DFJK
capes-
DFJK
heartjohnson
efko

Since you're middle fingers are a little bit longer than your index, this makes it really comfortable c:
Brimothy
I have Y X and N M (german keyboard so its Y for Z) and i really got a problem with some bigger streams like ddddddddddddddddd and so on and i wanted to try a kd dk config but I would have to begin with futsuu again and thats just too annoying. So does anyone here has a tipp for me how to improve clicking fast with my middle- and forefinger on both hands?
JeremyTechnika
zxcv
Minerva Orlando

LZD wrote:

zxcv default ftw :D

Same here uwu
sheela
Z/X/Left Arrow/Right Arrow.
kcaze

HJARTA wrote:

efko
I like having the little bumps on the F and J keys.
Kunieda
fghj
EasyMillions
In the rare occasion that I actually play using the keyboard, defaults.
Dilectus
HJ LÖ
Kankri
DCKM
Shinsekai-
S56D
eterpay
Default! :D

zxcv
Bara-
DFJK
ikin5050
red notes : sd
blue notes : jk
Chokladboll
what is up with all the dd/kk setups?
D1ddy_

Chokladboll wrote:

I'd have to ask what's with all of the kddk setups myself (outside of the fact that it's default and slightly closer to an actual taiko drum). I'm pretty new but I've been playing ddkk for most of my time in taiko, trying out kddk right now. So far it's made most of the patterns I come across a lot harder (notably ddkkddkk and any stream where you switch between streaming d and k, kkd, even ddd) and usually if it doesn't they seem to be about the same (ddk, dkdk)

I can stream faster but it comes at the cost of control and accuracy A lot of that is probably just unfamiliarity with the style, but I feel like a lot of the more basic patterns in kddk are straight up harder than in ddkk where most combinations of xxx can just be rolled down your keyboard. One thing I have noticed is that my recovery from said patterns is better. When using ddkk it was never the patterns that were a problem, just the things that came after it and recovering from them. Kind of the opposite with kddk

Edit: forgot to post my key config
Was using xc↓ → (ddkk)
now xc↓ (kddk)
karterfreak

D1ddy_ wrote:

Chokladboll wrote:

I'd have to ask what's with all of the kddk setups myself (outside of the fact that it's default and slightly closer to an actual taiko drum). I'm pretty new but I've been playing ddkk for most of my time in taiko, trying out kddk right now. So far it's made most of the patterns I come across a lot harder (notably ddkkddkk and any stream where you switch between streaming d and k, kkd, even ddd) and usually if it doesn't they seem to be about the same (ddk, dkdk)

I can stream faster but it comes at the cost of control and accuracy A lot of that is probably just unfamiliarity with the style, but I feel like a lot of the more basic patterns in kddk are straight up harder than in ddkk where most combinations of xxx can just be rolled down your keyboard. One thing I have noticed is that my recovery from said patterns is better. When using ddkk it was never the patterns that were a problem, just the things that came after it and recovering from them. Kind of the opposite with kddk
Let me just fill you in right now as one of the top ddkk players in the game. ddkk sucks majorly at a higher level. It's an ass ton easier to hit mono colour streams in the default playstyle than it is with ddkk at 240 BPM and beyond (playing with 2 hands compared to 1). Patterns also get a LOT more awkward around 280-300bpm range for ddkk compared to what it is for a kddk player that learned all of these patterns through alternating. I've had to completely relearn some patterns with ddkk to actually play stuff at 280-300 as my methods for hitting them just don't work at that bpm. With kddk, the method you use to hit them is always the same (assuming you're alternating) so its 100% about hand dexterity and speed instead of gimmicky knowledge of how to adjust your pattern playing when it just gets too fast.

As an example, I had to change my keys to be closer (fghj keys) just so that I could play 250+ bpm mono colour streams for an extended period of time by bringing one of my hands over to the other key to play those sections with both hands like you would by default with kddk. Another example is 280BPM+ dkd dkd dkd. If you play that with ddkk and you don't alternate the dons, it gets incredibly jarring. Playing it with kddk? you would just alternate dkd, going from say.... left hand -> right hand -> left hand for the first one, right hand -> left hand -> right hand for the second one, and then repeat for however many repeats of it there are. There's no jarring of your hands there because you start on a different hand for each pattern.

tl;dr of all of the above:

ddkk is easier to learn but hits a serious wall that can't be broken through without insane hand speed. kddk is harder to learn but if you learn it properly (full alt) you'll be a god at this game as hand speed is a less limiting factor.
roufou
and must all ddkk pride end that day

on topic: QWOP
kouzuki_karen
D F Num6 Add
show more