forum

[Archived] All Osu Online Features broken+video

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
iKn0 420
Problem details: Everything related to online Features such as Chat / Multi / osu Direct... is almost unusable.. it sometimes works but most of the time it does not.
i have this issue since osu updated- so it may be related to the update(dont know wich build?)
It probably doesnt have anything to do with my internet connection as it is stable and has no issues at all anywhere else.
Problem occurs: RANDOMLY - Restarting doesn't fix it.

it sometimes works but most of the time I'm just playing Loading screen simulator

video recording *fixed link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEdYdwwQiHk

In command prompt:
"ping cho.ppy.sh -n 3600" I can ping bancho just fine | gives feedback time=175ms

edit: osu direct: after 10 minutes of waiting im finally able to see the map i searched for..

im really sad

osu! version: Stable 20210316 (latest)
Death
Your video doesn't really show anything...

Please try restarting your modem, router, and PC to see if that helps.
Topic Starter
iKn0 420
oh the video didnt upload the rest for some reason. this was a 3 minute video

*fixed

@Death i also restarted my Router btw didnt help

i might try to reinstall the osu client but how do i move my beatmaps without osu complaining?
HygieaVesta

Death wrote:

Your video doesn't really show anything...

Please try restarting your modem, router, and PC to see if that helps.
I think he's trying to show that it takes a long time for him to join/create a multiplayer game, Im also facing this problem
Death
I highly doubt reinstalling is going to fix anything. Just run the installer and install a second copy of the game to a different location on your computer if you want to test it though. If it works you can move your maps and skins over from your old install to the new one.
Topic Starter
iKn0 420

Death wrote:

I highly doubt reinstalling is going to fix anything. Just run the installer and install a second copy of the game to a different location on your computer if you want to test it though. If it works you can move your maps and skins over from your old install to the new one.
i did reinstall osu but like you said it hasnt changed anything.

i think osu isnt working for me since i bought supporter (again) 19.March.21
Death
Can you switch your release stream to Cutting Edge and try replicating the issues you are having for a bit on that version of the game? After you do that, please post the network.log file from your osu!\Logs folder.
Topic Starter
iKn0 420

Death wrote:

Can you switch your release stream to Cutting Edge and try replicating the issues you are having for a bit on that version of the game? After you do that, please post the network.log file from your osu!\Logs folder.
heres a pastebin of the log : https://pastebin.com/MTfC3FtS
----

I think I messed something up by re installing osu..
I went into my Osu install I had already > changed to cutting edge > (noticed that my osu settings arent there anymore) because it used the path of the new osu install.

how can I revert back the changes? my guess is backing up my osu folder, uninstall, copy paste old files. does this work?
fixed by uninstalling and choosing my old path

im using the default microsoft antivirus preinstalled, dont think its blocking osu

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎09/‎11/‎2020
OS build 19042.867
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

I have a Intel Wireless-AC 9260 pcie wifi card if that might help.
i can provide any infos you need ;)
Death
Perhaps you can try adding osu! as an exception in your antivirus/firewall anyway just in case? It seems like some of your requests are just timing out. I'm not entirely sure why that would happen randomly.
Topic Starter
iKn0 420
i did the same thing but with my regular osu install...
switched to cuttingedge
tried creating multiplayer lobby or joining. this time it actually didnt take for ever. wrote something in chat couple times

https://pastebin.com/Eq4cjacT --the paste is without the exception did it before

i added the whole osu folder inside appdata to Windows defender exception. there arent any files anywhere else from osu, right?
it didnt fix the problem

i noticed that when playing a map the scoreboard tends to load very long.
Death
No, there are no osu! files outside of your osu! folder in AppData\Local. There's also generally no difference between having osu! installed in one location on your computer vs another, so it's expected that you would experience the same issues if you hadn't done anything yet.

You might be able to also add osu! as a program exception in the Windows Firewall, which I think is separate from Windows defender. Though I'm not really confident that will do anything either to be honest.
Topic Starter
iKn0 420
1firewall exception also didnt help :C
by the way im always restarting my pc after doing such change so it should work

i might try another computer.. but i need to install windows first on it..
Topic Starter
iKn0 420
is there anything else i can provide to get this fixed :)

I dont know how but i just started osu and my maps are missing.. just wow
dont know how that happened..
- path changed fixed :)
THAT_otaku

iKn0 420 wrote:

Do they still appear in the songs folder? or are they missing from there
Topic Starter
iKn0 420

THAT_otaku wrote:

iKn0 420 wrote:

Do they still appear in the songs folder? or are they missing from there
No i just had to re-do my osu user config file "Osu!.user.cfg" and had to change the directory to the correct one :)
( i like to have my songs in a seperate folder from osu )
Topic Starter
iKn0 420
Hello, is it possible to try an old version of osu ? ( how do i download an older build )
i want to try out if the problem occurs after an update.
THAT_otaku
Osu!stable has not been updated since the 16th of march, and that's ~2 weeks before you originally made this post, so not sure about that. Looking at the changelog, no recent updates should affect your issue, of course you never know though I guess. Also, changing release streams would probably have a similar effect to rolling back the update anyways, as each release stream varies in features and updates etc.

Currently, I don't believe there is an official way to do this, although it seems like there are places to download older versions of osu! online on 3rd party websites. If you wanted to roleback one version of stable, you'd be looking for osu!stable 20210208.2
Topic Starter
iKn0 420
ok i cant find this Osu build. but i noticed the problems arent that severe anymore.. it still loads slow but its usable atleast for now.