forum

[resolved] [confirmed] Playing maps in multiple collections always expands last one

posted
Total Posts
show more
XPJ38

Pagno wrote:

When navigating using left and right arrow, sometimes it happens to jump through different collections.

This happens when you put the same song in 2 different collections, and you get through them using arrow keys. It only happens when you navigate a collection which is located under the ones that contain the same song.
In other words, in the video, if I navigated in Test 1 using arrow keys nothing would have happened, because it's above the collection Test 2.
Confirming. Will merge this topic into this one.

edit: issue added to OP.
Unic
After editing the map goes away from collection and game don't react to any user's input events (but music still playing and animations are working).
Also next error message appears:

XPJ38

Unic wrote:

After editing the map goes away from collection and game don't react to any user's input events (but music still playing and animations are working).
Already mentioned: issue #9 in OP.
deadbeat

Mira-san wrote:

1. If you hit random/F2 too fast you will jump to the next collection group.
i think this one is fixed. can someone confirm?
theowest

deadbeat wrote:

Mira-san wrote:

1. If you hit random/F2 too fast you will jump to the next collection group.
i think this one is fixed. can someone confirm?
yep! that's fixed alright.
theowest
adding this one:

The first time you randomize in any folder/grouping/collection the first map in that list will always be selected. Kind of wish randomizing were 100% random.
XPJ38

theowest wrote:

adding this one:

The first time you randomize in any folder/grouping/collection the first map in that list will always be selected. Kind of wish randomizing were 100% random.
t/127075 ?
Bells

theowest wrote:

adding this one:

I just noticed that. Was about to report it
deadbeat
[woc2006] Totally get rid of favouritesA/B, backup your cfg file if you still need them.
problem 6 fixed?
ryuu
hi.
this has happened several times already.
i just play and then decide to add something to the collection. that's all.
"After that, osu! is running but totally locked."
and the only way to close osu is to kill the process through task dispatcher.
florrat
I also have a issue with collections. I do not see the issue in the first post.

The problem occurs if I try to remove a map from a collection. I do that by
Right click map -> Manage Collections -> Select collection -> Remove -> Close.
If I do this, then the map is removed from the collection, as desired. But when I close osu! and then start it again, the map is back in the collection.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or osu! is (probably the former). I assume it has something to do with writing privileges, but it also occurs if I run osu! as administrator. Dunno if it matters, but I have Windows 7.
Sup A Noob

ryuu wrote:

hi.
this has happened several times already.
i just play and then decide to add something to the collection. that's all.
"After that, osu! is running but totally locked."
and the only way to close osu is to kill the process through task dispatcher.
Alt+F4
Mithrane
When removing a song from my collection, it seems to return after restarting my Osu.
Also when playing a song from my collection, if it's in another collection as well, I will alway end up in the lowest collection afterwards.

Thanks in advance for fixing this asap ;-)
NixXSkate
If I play a song in a collection folder that's also in another collection folder under it, it will return me to the lower-most collection folder that map when I finished playing.
(For example, I have a folder called "Stream Practice", and under it is "Favorites A". If I go into "Stream Practice" and play a song that's also in "Favorites A", I will be returned to the "Favorites A" collection instead of the "Stream Practice" collection.)
Not sure if this bug was mentioned before.
woc2006
Some bugs fixed.( 1 - 4 in list)
Landere
Bug found while spectating someone.
Not sure if it's allready mentioned here so I'll just say it.

XPJ38
Bug #6 (can't remove FavA and FavB) seems to be resolved. Can someone confirm?

evillander wrote:

Bug found while spectating someone.
Not sure if it's allready mentioned here so I'll just say it.
This is the wrong thread. Please post it here.
deadbeat

XPJ38 wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

[woc2006] Totally get rid of favouritesA/B, backup your cfg file if you still need them.
problem 6 fixed?
TheVileOne
I thought he added them back.

XPJ38

deadbeat wrote:

XPJ38 wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

problem 6 fixed?
Damn I must be blind, sorry >.<

TheVileOne wrote:

I thought he added them back.

I am not sure that this is related to the FavA/B impossible deletion bug... Needs clarification.
Rei Hakurei
after i put some map to test into Favorites A from old build,
i tried with current build, and Favorite A removed from config.. automatically added to collections..

maybe it's combined between Favorites removal and migration,
TheVileOne
I moved some bugs that are confirmed to be fixed in test build.

I can't test 2, not replicate 3. I think 3 is fixed if anyone can test it on test build.
I can't replicate 7 apart from that it removes the map from the collection. It doesn't crash in public nor test build.

1. Not being able to organize collections should be an issue to be fixed. You can't rename a collection and you can't organize them.

2. If you have text in the name box when you close, a collection is added. I did not consider typing text into a box as submitting a collection. Hitting enter makes the collection visible. I'm not sure why pressing close has the same effect as pressing Enter. Actually clicking any button adds a collection. I doubt this is intended.

3. <test build only> the + - buttons don't take the state of add mapset. Even though add mapset is unchecked by default, it will still add the entire mapset.

4. It's annoying to have to keep selecting Add Mapset for each song.

5. Managing collections button collapses the expanded collection list. This is unwanted behavior since there is no way of viewing which maps are in a collection from the collection window. Could you add a collection management feature similar to how osudirect is structured? I don't think a GUI less management system is the way to go.

6. Managing collections is horribly inefficient. I have to click manage collections for each map individually and then select add mapset, and select the collection. There needs to be a way to add or remove several maps within the same screen. The current method requires you change your sorts and filters. You can't use the search feature with collections filter.

7. It is impossible to find which collections contain a beatmap if you have a difficulty that isn't included with the collection selected. Even clicking on add mapset wont highlight the map. I think that if you click add mapset, it should show all collections that the selected difficulty is in regardless if that difficulty is added to any collection. It is slightly misleading that the game will say that the entire mapset isn't part of any collection when only a single difficulty isn't included. If this doesn't make sense, please include show options for any difficulty and all difficulties in the collection management window.

8. Don't bother including your WIPs into a collection. You will need to constantly readd them each time you make a change.

9. the game does not make it obvious that a song is being removed from a collection because of edited changes or updates. You could just look for a song via a collection one day and find that the song no longer appears in your list. I consider collections to be a more stable way to organize your beatmaps. The tendency to remove your beatmaps from collections without warning irks me. Please have the game readd beatmaps to collections after they get changed.

10. Pressing delete collection unselects the collection. If you select No, there will be no collections selected.More of an inconvenience than unintentional behavior.
deadbeat
why is this marked as duplicate. can someone please explain this?
TheVileOne
I don't know. I fixed it.
peppy
I've addressed the add mapset issue in the latest test build.
MillhioreF
The vast majority of these issues are either symptoms of other issues or resolved in the latest test build. Only two left.
TheVileOne
I wouldn't be so sure. Even if all of the current issues are resolved in the test build, I wouldn't resolve this until the changes go public.
MillhioreF
I'm not resolving it anyhow, there are still two (admittedly quite minor) issues remaining. And aren't we supposed to mark things as resolved once they're fixed on test?
KosMos_pv
Collection group is collapsed when I leave manage collection screen.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Choose any map in any collection
2. Go to Beatmap options - Manage collections
3. Close manage collections screen
4. osu! collapses collection group and scrolls up to top of collections list.

ps I'm sorry if this issue already posted somewhere but i did not find it.
TheVileOne
Added that to the bug list. I can still replicate the other two issues.
MillhioreF
Two of the three issues have been fixed, so the thread has been renamed to match the last one. The last one had an attempted fix, but the fix failed, as it still happens on latest test.
TheVileOne
Changing gamemodes also selects last one.
skritsch
I really hope this is getting fixed soon :D
For me this is the most annoying thing.
Dalvoid
I agree with skritsch the main topic here still isn't fixed and this bug is the most frustrating bug in the game for me. It happens literally more than 20 times every time i play osu!. Would love to see a fix.
Kuro-pi

Dalvoid wrote:

I agree with skritsch the main topic here still isn't fixed and this bug is the most frustrating bug in the game for me. It happens literally more than 20 times every time i play osu!. Would love to see a fix.
amen
l1mi
Nothing would make me more happy then this fix. Its been a really annoying problem ever since the improved collection system was available. You can do this, go gogo!
Kuro-pi
Honestly, this issue has become far more annoying now that collections are forced into alphabetical sorting because before, we could create the collections in a specific order so the one we use the most would be the one expanded usually after a play, but since this is no longer the case, this issue is a much bigger problem. And we can't even rename them as a temporary fix to put them in the order we would like them. It's horrible.
Tom94
Fixed on my end. Soon on test.
Oinari-sama
I've tested it multiple times, it seems like the focus will return to the correct Collection after playing a map.

However, accessing the Collection Menu (F3) at song select will make the Collection Collapse. If current Collection is expanded again, the focus will return to the correct map again.

Minor issue but can be annoying at times...