forum

[resolved] [confirmed] Playing maps in multiple collections always expands last one

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mira-san
Bottom-most collection is always expanded when playing and quitting a map present in 2+ collections.
p/2253876

If you play a map in the collections then exit, if the map is in another collections folder, it will expand the bottom-most folder instead of the one you played it from.

1. Have the same map in two different collection folders.
2. Play a map in top-most folder (The top-most folder is dt in this picture).
3. Go back to song select.
4. osu! will expand the bottom-most folder instead of the one you played it from.

Recap image by p/2255763 :

[/box]

Fixed Issues
  1. Arrow keys jump from one collection to another if a map is in multiple collections
    http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/2292919

When navigating using left and right arrow, sometimes it happens to jump through different collections.

This happens when you put the same song in 2 different collections, and you get through them using arrow keys. It only happens when you navigate a collection which is located under the ones that contain the same song.
    In other words, in the video, if I navigated in Test 1 using arrow keys nothing would have happened, because it's above the collection Test 2.

2. Collections group collapses even if you don't make any changes to a collection
    It would be helpful if the game would remember what collection you were in after leaving the Manage collection window. Ignore if this is intended behavior.
  3. Add/Remove buttons overlapped by too many collections
    Collections overlap the Add and Remove buttons when you have too many collections.
  4. Can't remove Favourites A and B
    p/2254234 and p/2254622

Just noticed that if you happen to delete FavouritesA and B, they come back after restarting the game.
  5. Arrow keys in song select working incorrectly
    p/2254792

When trying to switch songs by using arrow keys, it happens that it jumps to different collections without any apparent reason.
    Sometimes this happens too if you sort songs by "Date": if you're checking Today's songs, without any apparent reason it goes to Yesterday's songs, if you navigate using arrow keys.

I don't know why this is happening, and this bug occurs quite often, but not all the times.

XPJ38 edit: here's another example of arrow keys working incorrectly (description on Youtube):

6. "Enter name first" should not appear in a certain case
    http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/2249448
    After trying to create collection (ad. for the first time), click the text box, and just make sure it was used (so the default text disappeared). Then hit cancel, without creating collection:

This appears, even though it shouldn't.
  7. The first time you randomize in any folder/grouping/collection the first map in that list will always be selected. Kind of wish randomizing were 100% random.
  8. Names can be too long
    Names can be too long.

Putting long names on the bar causes this to happen. Also, while hovering on the name of the collection, it would overlap the ranks. (e.g. SS: 0 S: 0)

Textbox for long collection names still goes behind the collection list. The other problem is better, but still lacks a way to expand the longer collection name.
  9. Number of beatmaps in a collection can overflow outside the box
    x
    I feel like that icon should only be visible when hovering over each collection.
  10. Editing a map in a collection removes it from the collection and makes osu! crashes
    p/2265075

If you edit a map that's in a collection and save changes, it disappears from all collections it's in and if you try to add it to a collection afterwards osu! crashes.
    I made a collection for my WIP maps so it's easier to browse through them, but with this problem it's kinda defeating the purpose.

Not sure how this would be fix-able since you change the beatmap and it makes sense for it to get removed from a collection..

XPJ38 edit: here's a screenshot of what happens after clicking on 1. just after editing the map:

After that, osu! is running but totally locked. Only way to get out of here is to close osu! by closing the window.
  11. Every time you sort by something, you go out of the collection and if you don't know which one you were previous in, you're kind of screwed.
deadbeat

i don't think they're meant to be that long...maybe a character limit or making the text drop to the second line when it gets too close to the rank counter

EDIT:

;___;
Marcin
So when we are at the collections:

1.After trying to create collection (ad. for the first time), click the text box, and just make sure it was used (so the default text disappeared). Then hit cancel, without creating collection:
This appears, even though it shouldn't.

2.After you do collection, and remove it, beatmeaps which were in it, are still having button to remove them from a collection, EVEN if they're not in any.
deadbeat

a couple of things i've noticed. i'll post more stuff as a notice it
riffy
Same here :<
Marcin
Oh I see deadbeat you've tried to replicate 1. point
However - there should be NO text, after you use text box. Leave it blank.
Speedsolver_old
Don't know if this is known yet, but if you delete a map that belongs to a collection and try to add another map to any collection, the game throws an error and sometimes crashes because the collection is broken. This seems to be fixed once the game is restarted though.
XPJ38
Appeared with last b20130421 update. Right-click on any beatmap in song select and you will see "1." without any mention of collections.

pielak213
­
Scorpiour

XPJ38 wrote:

Appeared with last b20130421 update. Right-click on any beatmap in song select and you will see "1." with any mention of collections.

same here
Floks
The way the list is sorted is bugged as well. Sorting by artist, title, length, etc. does nothing to change the sorting.
Topic Starter
Mira-san

XPJ38 wrote:

Appeared with last b20130421 update. Right-click on any beatmap in song select and you will see "1." with any mention of collections.

same. :/

Floks wrote:

The way the list is sorted is bugged as well. Sorting by artist, title, length, etc. does nothing to change the sorting.
This also happens.
Drafura
Hi, some problems. Sorry for the derp at the end of the video I was looking for another "bugged" map like the first one.

tldr; can't remove fav A and B, bug on some (many) maps when clicking on 1., doesn't save changes until osu! reboot so if osu! crash you can do again all the things again, funny glitches.

Yes I am having fun with each one of your updates.
deadbeat
thats odd, i've just checked the test build and it looks fine. wonder if something went wrong when pushing it to the public build
XPJ38
Just noticed that if you happen to delete FavouritesA and B, they come back after restarting the game.
Ayesha Altugle

Scorpiour wrote:

XPJ38 wrote:

same here
Same :cry:
Pagno
When trying to switch songs by using arrow keys, it happens that it jumps to different collections without any apparent reason.
Sometimes this happens too if you sort songs by "Date": if you're checking Today's songs, without any apparent reason it goes to Yesterday's songs, if you navigate using arrow keys.

I don't know why this is happening, and this bug occurs quite often, but not all the times.

theowest
Sorting is completely broken

etc
Stefan

XPJ38 wrote:

Damn! I had this bug for years. When I tried to make a osu! Compilation I've added the Maps to these Favorites but it always reset itself. ;n;
KosMos_pv
When there are too many collections in list they overlap buttons "Add" and "Remove". I think whei I will add more collections they will fill all screen.

ps don't ask why I have too many collections - just want to sort my library with a lot of tags. Maybe 30 or 40 different tags or even more :D I like when all things are very well organized.
theowest

KosMos_pv wrote:

When there are too many collections in list they overlap buttons "Add" and "Remove". I think whei I will add more collections they will fill all screen.

ps don't ask why I have too many collections - just want to sort my library with a lot of tags. Maybe 30 or 40 different tags or even more :D I like when all things are very well organized.
added that and:

x button overlapping total number.

I feel like that icon should only be visible when hovering over each collection.
Unic
Is sorting works in Collection?
Seems like all maps stay in the same order for any sorting type.

UPD 1. Also now there are no sorting by difficulty within the track.

UPD 2. By the way, another issue:

theowest

Unic wrote:

Is sorting works in Collection?
Seems like all maps stay in the same order for any sorting type.

UPD 1. Also now there are no sorting by difficulty within the track.

UPD 2. By the way, another issue:

yeah, sorting doesn't work. I've mentioned that in my post and already added it to the OP.

I can't see any of the screenshots you've posted. Please try to use the in-game screenshot shortcut: Shift + F12.
XPJ38

theowest wrote:

I can't see any of the screenshots you've posted. Please try to use the in-game screenshot shortcut: Shift + F12.
I reuploaded them for you.

1st: http://nsa33.casimages.com/img/2013/04/ ... 443043.jpg
2nd: http://nsa34.casimages.com/img/2013/04/ ... 714898.jpg
3rd: http://nsa33.casimages.com/img/2013/04/ ... 356527.jpg
theowest
I guess the first two images there depict the problem with not being able to sort collections, the third one seems to be an issue which would be better solved with this idea: https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/2255685
Kite
If you edit a map that's in a collection and save changes, it disappears from all collections it's in and if you try to add it to a collection afterwards osu! crashes.
I made a collection for my WIP maps so it's easier to browse through them, but with this problem it's kinda defeating the purpose.

Not sure how this would be fix-able since you change the beatmap and it makes sense for it to get removed from a collection..
show more