forum

How did you personally get better at Osu!

posted
Total Posts
show more
enik

BRBP wrote:

HeathenHammer wrote:
Play a lot of different beatmaps that you feel you can FC/get high accuracy on.

NO
Yes.
Play everything is the best advice you can get. Maps you can't pass, can barely pass, pass with high and very high accuracy, DT on low diffs and harder ones, hd, hr, different ARs. Everything is important.
VoidnOwO
:)
Pizzicato
vocaloids
HeathenHammer

BRBP wrote:

Yes it is. Also you said it like it was an advice instead of "I did this and still suck"

I dont claim to be super pro but i can play the maps that NoJoke claimed to not be able to. I also have a much higher play count than what is shown in my profile due to a lack of Internet for quite a long time. So damn right it was advice as well because it helped me. I dont see how my playcount would make that any less valid anyway.
Mandrias
Watch someone who is much better play for awhile, follow the mouse movements with yours, learn to read it and see the notes in the order they appear in this much faster map. Go back to your slower maps after about 5-10 minutes, youll be amazed at how much slower it feels than last time. Rather than that, it's all just practice. I only play maps that I'm having a hard time completing (every now and than I play one if I just like the song) and usually look for maps that play on my current weakness.

Personally that's how I have been progressing, and still am progressing.

Also, another thing I noticed, if you played every day for the last 4-5 days, take a break, don'y play tomorrow. Maybe not even the next day. As odd as it sounds I had done this a few times and next time I launched the game everything just felt easier for some reason.
momp
i just played a lot and was gradually able to play harder maps. now i'm finally moving on to insane maps...
VoidnOwO
Androgynous
I'm not amazing even now, but when I started out, I was getting C's every time, and around 75-80% on 1 star songs. One week later, I've started doing 3-4 star songs and my accuracy only just recently got to 90%. It's not an amazing success story, but I'm happy with the progress I've recently made.

Turns out switching to Z and X after using the mouse buttons helped out tons. So does playing maps that I just barely pass, because it gives you lots of room to improve and more mistakes to learn from.
Almost

mandrias87 wrote:

Watch someone who is much better play for awhile, follow the mouse movements with yours, learn to read it and see the notes in the order they appear in this much faster map. Go back to your slower maps after about 5-10 minutes, youll be amazed at how much slower it feels than last time. Rather than that, it's all just practice. I only play maps that I'm having a hard time completing (every now and than I play one if I just like the song) and usually look for maps that play on my current weakness.

Personally that's how I have been progressing, and still am progressing.

Also, another thing I noticed, if you played every day for the last 4-5 days, take a break, don'y play tomorrow. Maybe not even the next day. As odd as it sounds I had done this a few times and next time I launched the game everything just felt easier for some reason.
I've done this before, it feels really weird when you actually start playing but your aim does improve for some strange reason though only temporary.
iMirai_old
I've once played Counter-Strike for 13 years so I have good ability to aim.
However,I play bad with streams.
I played offline with 20000 playcourt and then I got better with Hard diff.
Then I retried each FullCombo to 99 acc.
Now I can FC some Insane maps :D
-Soba-
I got better by playing maps I can FC with good acc until I could FC harder maps with good acc. Probably not the most efficient way to progress lol
boat
I didn't play the game at all and did the very opposite of what you would call practice, and the following day I woke up as cookiezi.
VoidnOwO
Yousoro
Play 100 games per day :P
CPTW
Played multi for hours on end since failing a map doesn't mean the end of it and I can experience the whole map and not just insta-fail.

When you pick a map you tend to pick stuff in your comfort zone but in multi chances are people will pick stuff you're weak at helping you train your weaknesses (unless you rage quit)
buny
practiced a lot on easy insanes, then moved on to harder insanes and hard+dt
Liut
practiced a lot in random beatmaps, ragequitted every 2-3 weeks and came back better
Kurangceret
Trying to DT every hard and HR every insane.
Ableh
keep playing
thats all
Aqo
by playing DJPop maps
Wave
Play different songs, don't focus to one until you have an overall skill on most insanes, then move to what u want to improve (example, streams? Play MENDES a lot, Jumps? A great part of insane songs have some jump patterns. Singletap? Play 0108's maps a lot , DT? Begin to play hards on DT etc), also try a confortable setup for your playstyle that's not so important , but it can make the difference and able to play more accurate and concentrate.
primrose
alternate almost EVERYTHING
:) :)
nakimushineko
Simply keep on playing. :3
Lapis-
tryhard songs on hard rock, never stop playing insane+ maps

skill accquired
Almost

PortalLife wrote:

tryhard songs on hard rock, never stop playing insane+ maps

skill accquired
I lost my single tapping speed and stamina by doing this. :(
Lapis-
I didn't :v
Bites
I play stuff that I can't even come close to passing, and keep playing it. I play it on hardrock. I play it on hidden. It helps me with consistency on the slower songs, even if the slower songs are still insanely difficult. I recently got a 834 combo on ascension to heaven death difficulty, after training for a week on streams - just put the effort in, really.
Hanyuu
Buying a tablet and mechanical keyboard lol
Arnold0
I'm not a pro but I get better, simply by playing map near my skill level (When I was only able to play hard, I played many hards but no insanes because they was too hard, then I moved to insanes when my level became better) Sometimes now I play too hard maps for me, but I do this only when I have fun with it otherwise I stick to maps I can at least pass.
hinamizawan
scorefarming
MillhioreF
I just keep playing maps I enjoy with mods I enjoy. I don't get better very fast, nor am I very well developed in some aspects (streaming, AR10, CS5+) but I am getting better, and I'm having fun while I do it, so it's a win-win.
CXu
I don't know, I've been playing this game for 4 years and I'm still bad.
uzzi
My friend used to invite me every time he'd see me on, and back when he did I was pretty bad. He'd always pick songs that he knew I would do bad on, and there was one song that he always played with me, almost as if he kept tracking my progress. Before multiing with him, I would only play easys and normals, but he would always choose hards and insanes. Now I play to pass his pp, but he manages to keep a 100 difference from me >=(
Loves
Play hard maps when you suck. Then play normal maps and realise they are easier than before.

Rinse and repeat.

(Also long marathons to help with stamina)
Wishy
DT all.
Zakdawg
Random skill-boosts.
A week ago I was amazing... ever since I havn't been able to do anything just remotely impressive, and it annoys me. :(
FazzyPlax
I can't really say I'd be an authority on the subject, considering that I only just started playing osu! frequently during the past few weeks, but I've noticed that I've gone from mid-tier hard songs being passed consistently to low-mid-tier insane songs being passed on 2-3 attempts. I agree in particular with Arnold0 and Lily-Kun. When I started transitioning from Hard to Insane, I noticed there is a big jump in skill required. I started playing songs which I felt confident with on Hard difficulty, and eventually progressed into Insane. At first, I couldn't get very far, so after a few hours of failing insane maps, I went back to Hard, and they seemed very slow in comparison. It was sort of a rinse-wash-repeat after that, where I started finally finishing Insane maps, and I find myself now completing some Insane maps, even on the first try. I've yet to FC an Insane map, but I'm sure that'll come with time.
Stoneybeans

Zakdawg wrote:

Random skill-boosts.
A week ago I was amazing... ever since I havn't been able to do anything just remotely impressive, and it annoys me. :(
so much this ;-;