forum

[Archived] Bug with loading beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
filipsonsky123
Problem details:
It started 3 days ago when I noticed that my map backgrounds were disappearing.
Sometimes I get an error when I try to play random maps "Error loading audio for this beatmap". Interestingly, when I use the f5 key the problem only disappears with the backgrounds.
And 1 more thing. All the problems started right after the update.
I tried to run osu updater, repair folder permissions and reinstall Osu!.
It did not help.

osu! version: Stable 20210316 (latest)
Death
Try restarting your computer if you haven't already.
Topic Starter
filipsonsky123

Death wrote:

Try restarting your computer if you haven't already.
I tried and it didn't work at all.
Death
Do you typically have anything else running in the background while playing the game?

Does this still happen if you switch to the default skin and then restart?
Topic Starter
filipsonsky123
I only have Opera GX or Discord on.

Yes, it still happens.
Death
Can you try closing Opera GX and Discord (and anything else you have running)?

filipsonsky123 wrote:

All the problems started right after the update.
What update are you talking about here? The osu! update from March 16th? That was 10 days before you made your post, so have you been experiencing this issue for a week then?

That update changed nothing that could cause anything like this anyway, so it's probably a coincidence or something else on your computer that also updated around the same time.
Topic Starter
filipsonsky123
I tried to do that and it didn't change anything.

Honestly, I don't know what the update was. My game randomly closed and Osu!updater opened.

When I was playing today, there were no problems and the computer was left untouched for 2 days. If any problems occur, I will let you know.
Topic Starter
filipsonsky123
Hi
I think I know what was causing my problems. I downloaded the new skin White cat 2.0
I didn't play with it for a while and all the problems disappeared. As soon as I changed the skin, the problems started again. I wonder if it's the game's fault or the skin's fault.

Death wrote:

Can you try closing Opera GX and Discord (and anything else you have running)?

filipsonsky123 wrote:

All the problems started right after the update.
What update are you talking about here? The osu! update from March 16th? That was 10 days before you made your post, so have you been experiencing this issue for a week then?

That update changed nothing that could cause anything like this anyway, so it's probably a coincidence or something else on your computer that also updated around the same time.
Death