3. Skinning

Which version do you prefer more?

Dark - It's cool.
50.00% 50
Light - It's hot.
12.00% 12
Both - They're good.
23.00% 23
None - Burn in a fire then freeze to death.
15.00% 15
Total votes: 100
Please sign in to vote.
posted
Welcome to the new GlasslineHD interface.

AGAIN

Originally made for effective playability and still made with it in mind, and showing a unique dark theme while using light colors, or showing a unique light theme while using neutral colors and blah blah blah.

You get the idea.

Includes custom hitsounds. Yay.

Enabling new skin styles is recommended.

The following screenshots use the disable skin visual setting to show custom colors.

DOWNLOADS

Glassline HD Dark (.osk)
http://puu.sh/2PewR

Glassline HD Dark (.zip)
http://puu.sh/2PewJ

Glassline HD Light (.osk)
http://puu.sh/2Pevw

Glassline HD Light (.zip)
http://puu.sh/2PevH
posted
Very interesting looking neon-themed elements, I hope you wouldn't mind if I were to use some of them(for personal usage)!
posted

-GN wrote:

Very interesting looking neon-themed elements, I hope you wouldn't mind if I were to use some of them(for personal usage)!
Sure, go ahead. I don't care about personal usage. If you're going to publish it on the internet then I would prefer credit, but it isn't necessary.
posted
taiko CTB and osu! mania is come later?
posted

lucalima99 wrote:

I would like to attempt Mania, but it looks ridiculously hard to skin.
No plans for CTB or Taiko. Sorry.
posted
Cool skin :)
posted

matthewrobo wrote:

lucalima99 wrote:

I would like to attempt Mania, but it looks ridiculously hard to skin.
No plans for CTB or Taiko. Sorry.
mania skinning is easy as fark except for the... holds and keys... =w=
posted

OsuMe65 wrote:

mania skinning is easy as fark except for the... holds and keys... =w=
So in other words... Everything?
I may get on to it soon, but I have an amazing talent for procrastination.
posted
Nice skin i like those followpoint
overall 9/10
since i cant play really well with a skin that contain many bright colors. :P
btw...
do you mind if i use some of your element for my upcoming skin ?
posted

[ Y P ] wrote:

Nice skin i like those followpoint
overall 9/10
since i cant play really well with a skin that contain many bright colors. :P
btw...
do you mind if i use some of your element for my upcoming skin ?
Sure, use the elements. All I really want is credit, maybe a link to this page. I'll be cool with that.
Just try not to claim anything that isn't original as your own.
posted
feedback feedback feedback

1. this skin actually caught my eye before, I just didn't bother making a feedback since my internet is shit.
2. i had to disable the hitsounds to play better, I'm a custom hitsound hater.
3. the hitbursts look so purrfect. really.
4. the cursor was nicely done as well, but I hate the cursor trail since it looks so rough. it might be better if you don't try to force all colors into that small circle.
5. the skinned UI elements look nice with the default ranking letters and elements. but it still might be better if you replace all defaults.
6. the back and skip buttons still has some stray white pixels around it. clean it up.
7. the scorebar looks nice as well. It might go well with osu!mania if you've got the idea on how to work with it.
8. the hitcircles are... good enough, I think. But I'm pretty sure you could still make a better one that fits the hitbursts.
9. the followpoints are kind of useful as well, but the line gets cut off in the middle. I suggest using white-to-transparent gradients on both ends.
10. i LOVE the comboburst. it's the only comboburst that I will ever use again. do you mind if I use the same concept for my skin?
11. sliderballs are weirdly rendered. make the circles perfect. don't forget to antialias it.
12. i didn't like the spinner that much. the borders are too opaque while the center is too clear. although the spinner-glow looks nice.

yeah. overall, I'd definitely use this skin as a replacement for my own. I'd just turn the cursortrail to a simple white blurred circle and it should be good. Although it would really be better if you skin osu!mania since the scorebar looks so out of place. All you need is an idea for the osu!mania elements. that's it, I think :))
posted

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

feedback feedback feedback (well, i got this skin lately so i can counter-compliment/agree/add solutions with this feedback)

1. this skin actually caught my eye before, I just didn't bother making a feedback since my internet is shit.
2. i had to disable the hitsounds to play better, I'm a custom hitsound hater. (the sounds are good enough...)
4. the cursor was nicely done as well, but I hate the cursor trail since it looks so rough. it might be better if you don't try to force all colors into that small circle. (that's the most wonderful idea since it matches the theme. no need to change that)
5. the skinned UI elements look nice with the default ranking letters and elements. but it still might be better if you replace all defaults. (skin every skinnable element and leave menu-button-background.png alone)
6. the back and skip buttons still has some stray white pixels around it. clean it up. (use a drop shadow for this)
7. the scorebar looks nice as well. It might go well with osu!mania if you've got the idea on how to work with it.
8. the hitcircles are... good enough, I think. But I'm pretty sure you could still make a better one that fits the hitbursts. (that's your decision... if to stick with that hitcircle or make a better one)
9. the followpoints are kind of useful as well, but the line gets cut off in the middle. I suggest using white-to-transparent gradients on both ends.
10. i LOVE the comboburst. it's the only comboburst that I will ever use again. do you mind if I use the same concept for my skin?

11. sliderballs are weirdly rendered. make the circles perfect. don't forget to antialias it. (this one)
12. i didn't like the spinner that much. the borders are too opaque while the center is too clear. although the spinner-glow looks nice. (spinner-middle is cut off, he says...)

yeah. overall, I'd definitely use this skin as a replacement for my own. I'd just turn the cursortrail to a simple white blurred circle and it should be good. Although it would really be better if you skin osu!mania since the scorebar looks so out of place (out of place? just a little tweak with that scorebar and you won't call it "out of place" again :P ). All you need is an idea for the osu!mania elements. that's it, I think :))
posted

OsuMe65 wrote:

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

feedback feedback feedback (well, i got this skin lately so i can counter-compliment/agree/add solutions with this feedback) quoteception haha

2. i had to disable the hitsounds to play better, I'm a custom hitsound hater. (the sounds are good enough...) I'm a custom hitsound hater, so I just said that I had to disable it. Don't remove it. There's a reason for having that "Use skin's sound samples" tickbox.
4. the cursor was nicely done as well, but I hate the cursor trail since it looks so rough. it might be better if you don't try to force all colors into that small circle. (that's the most wonderful idea since it matches the theme. no need to change that) lols really? well, it does match the skin :)
5. the skinned UI elements look nice with the default ranking letters and elements. but it still might be better if you replace all defaults. (skin every skinnable element and leave menu-button-background.png alone) leave menu-button-background alone? what do you mean?
6. the back and skip buttons still has some stray white pixels around it. clean it up. (use a drop shadow for this) this
8. the hitcircles are... good enough, I think. But I'm pretty sure you could still make a better one that fits the hitbursts. (that's your decision... if to stick with that hitcircle or make a better one)

11. sliderballs are weirdly rendered. make the circles perfect. don't forget to antialias it. (this one)
12. i didn't like the spinner that much. the borders are too opaque while the center is too clear. although the spinner-glow looks nice. (spinner-middle is cut off, he says...) ?

yeah. overall, I'd definitely use this skin as a replacement for my own. I'd just turn the cursortrail to a simple white blurred circle and it should be good. Although it would really be better if you skin osu!mania since the scorebar looks so out of place (out of place? just a little tweak with that scorebar and you won't call it "out of place" again :P ) I don't think so. you need to actually skin osu!mania before you can say it's not out of place. (at least skin mania-stage-right (and left), (maybe)). All you need is an idea for the osu!mania elements. that's it, I think :))
posted
feedback feedback feedback (well, i got this skin lately so i can counter-compliment/agree/add solutions with this feedback) quoteception haha

2. i had to disable the hitsounds to play better, I'm a custom hitsound hater. (the sounds are good enough...) I'm a custom hitsound hater, so I just said that I had to disable it. Don't remove it. There's a reason for having that "Use skin's sound samples" tickbox.
4. the cursor was nicely done as well, but I hate the cursor trail since it looks so rough. it might be better if you don't try to force all colors into that small circle. (that's the most wonderful idea since it matches the theme. no need to change that) lols really? well, it does match the skin :)
5. the skinned UI elements look nice with the default ranking letters and elements. but it still might be better if you replace all defaults. (skin every skinnable element and leave menu-button-background.png alone) leave menu-button-background alone? what do you mean?
6. the back and skip buttons still has some stray white pixels around it. clean it up. (use a drop shadow for this) this

12. i didn't like the spinner that much. the borders are too opaque while the center is too clear. although the spinner-glow looks nice. (spinner-middle is cut off, he says...) ?

yeah. overall, I'd definitely use this skin as a replacement for my own. I'd just turn the cursortrail to a simple white blurred circle and it should be good. Although it would really be better if you skin osu!mania since the scorebar looks so out of place (out of place? just a little tweak with that scorebar and you won't call it "out of place" again :P ) I don't think so. you need to actually skin osu!mania before you can say it's not out of place. (at least skin mania-stage-right (and left), (maybe)). All you need is an idea for the osu!mania elements. that's it, I think :))
Oh My God guys this is the best comprehensive criticism on any of my skins ever. (All two of them. D:)
Not too sure what you mean about the scorebar but I will attempt to skin osu!mania. Eventually.
[quote]I'm pretty sure you could still make a better one that fits the hitbursts. [quote]
NOOOO THAT HITCIRCLE IS MY BABY
Instead I'll attempt to make the hitbursts fit with the circle. That'd be good.
Wait, spinner-middle is cut off? I forgot that I already fixed that.
http://puu.sh/2KxnO.zip
I'll make an alternate cursortrail for those who need it. Shouldn't take long. Just open my completely legal and untorrented copy of Photoshop CS6 and turn off one layer.
http://puu.sh/2KxEj

Anyways, I have to go soon so I'll try to fix all the problems you said and stuff.
posted
nice skin :)
posted

matthewrobo wrote:

Oh My God guys this is the best comprehensive criticism on any of my skins ever. (All two of them. D:)
Not too sure what you mean about the scorebar but I will attempt to skin osu!mania. Eventually.
>> I'll try to make a template for mania-stage-right to show you what I mean.

I mean, It would look good if you cover everything except the scorebar itself.
These are the images I used: (@2x)

I also copied my nK.ini files to the folder.

matthewrobo wrote:

I'm pretty sure you could still make a better one that fits the hitbursts.
NOOOO THAT HITCIRCLE IS MY BABY
Instead I'll attempt to make the hitbursts fit with the circle. That'd be good.
>> eeehhh???? but I love the hitbursts <////3 oh well. it's your skin. just make sure it looks good haha :)

matthewrobo wrote:

I'll make an alternate cursortrail for those who need it. Shouldn't take long. Just open my completely legal and untorrented copy of Photoshop CS6 and turn off one layer.
http://puu.sh/2KxEj
>> LOL'd at this so hardly haha :lol:
Anyway, you don't have to use [url] just for simple hyperlinks since phrases with http:// or https:// are automatically converted into hyperlinks.
posted

THANK GOD I HAVE BACKUPS

hitbursts
http://puu.sh/2KClW

my balls are better now
http://puu.sh/2KCm0

/me coughs slightly.
Yeah, the hitbursts look weird when they're neon.
Trivia: The hitcircles were actually supposed to fit with the hitburst, white and all, but eventually I realized that they looked too generic, and I inverted everything.
(Thanks Bunnaz (Go check whatever the hell he's streaming at http://twitch.tv/bunnaz)) <<This guy made me think about having colored outlines as a thing. It gave birth to the dark hitcircles idea. He's the mother. I'm the man in this family.

Anyways, yeah, if someone can come up with a better hitburst than I'd love suggestions, but I probably won't change the hitcircles anytime soon.
Oh yeah, drop shadow. Almost forgot.

TAKE THESE SHADOWS! TAKE THEM ALL! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH *cough cough heart attack*
(yes heart attack is now a sound effect)
http://puu.sh/2KCyc
posted
"my balls" lawl dunno i laughed
posted
SMOOTHFOLLOWPOINTSMUAHAHAHAHAH
http://puu.sh/2KFA0
posted
shitshitshitshitiforgotiactuallymadeanalternatehitcircleoverlayshitshitshit
TAKE IT ALL

http://puu.sh/2KHlO
OKAYIGOTITNOW
show more