forum

[added] First place beatmap information

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +7
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli
You can look at your profile the beatmaps in which you are currently ranked 1st, how long you have been first, and in what difficulty / difficulties.

Works for osu!, taiko, and catch the beat.

Duplicates: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14341 viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14790
Lesjuh
This has been in my mind for quite a while too.

I hope this will be added to our profiles soon :)

I really need this because there are sooo many maps I'm #1 on.
KawaiiLily
That would be so sweet man!

I support this alot!
anonymous_old
Why just first? Why not all top 40 places, sorted by rank then date?

Or, at least make it searchable?
peppy
What would you want to search by? Don't say rank.
FurukawaPan
I like what the OP is suggesting. I disagree with strager's suggestion of listing any ranked score in the top40 per beatmap. Because this would generate huge lists for just about any average player, and make the list quite useless. Being #25 on some map isn't exactly a big enough deal to have it listed in your profile.

I think under your profile page on the website, maybe under historical statistics, or possibly a new section "#1 scores", a list of every #1 score you currently hold should be visible. Only #1. This is a #1 score per beatmap per difficulty. So if you held #1 on Favorite Song[Easy] and Favorite Song[Hard] they would both show on this list.

The #1 position on a map can be hotly contested, and having a long list of obtained #1's on your profile page sounds pretty cool, since you'd have to work long and hard to get those #1's and defend them.
anonymous_old
What I meant was have a separate page for the top 40 listing, similar to the player rankings (which span multiple pages).

By search, I mean search for a beatmap's name in your top 40 listing. Again, kinda like the player rankings.

Also, have the rank down things like in the player listing to see what you're losing in.

Columns: rank, date achieve, date updated (due to another's placing), beatmap, score, accuracy, letter score (whatever that's called), change. All sortable except change and beatmap.

Though I'm not against having the top 1 listing on the profile page itself, I think it'd be nice to have a top 40 listing to see what you're second in to beat another's score and claim the top score.
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli

strager wrote:

What I meant was have a separate page for the top 40 listing, similar to the player rankings (which span multiple pages).

By search, I mean search for a beatmap's name in your top 40 listing. Again, kinda like the player rankings.

Also, have the rank down things like in the player listing to see what you're losing in.

Columns: rank, date achieve, date updated (due to another's placing), beatmap, score, accuracy, letter score (whatever that's called), change. All sortable except change and beatmap.

Though I'm not against having the top 1 listing on the profile page itself, I think it'd be nice to have a top 40 listing to see what you're second in to beat another's score and claim the top score.

Disagree, i think that only the first place works, keep it simple.

Besides, if you are interested in being first at a particular beatmap, you can always go to the beatmap's page and check the top 50 there. And if this is applied, and you are interested in beating an specific player, you can go to his profile and check his 1st places, and decide what first place to "steal".

You still get a message at Historical Statistics when you have lost the first place of a beatmap, and if you lose it, you will lose it at your profile's 1st beatmap rank list too. So this might be fun because it adds competition to it.

You know... players will want to make that first place list bigger and bigger.
Derekku
Bump because this shouldn't have been moved here :P
Hanyuu
I support this idea! im sorry i have made a new topic i try but could not find this >:(
KawaiiLily
Sooo.. Is this going anywhere? :/
Doesent seem like.
Gabi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Derekku
Bump because I'd like this <3
Kitsunemimi
isn't this necroposting...

Well... I guess it'd be nice.
Derekku
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli
WyndII
uhm.. How about a "Ranking Achievements" tab? and then there are tabs of numbers [1 - 40]and if you click one of the tabs, it will show you the maps with difficulties that you achieved in that particular Number.
Can I draw a paint again? >.<
Derekku
Bump~~
Sleep Powder
Since there's something that shows when you lose and gain a #1 rank in the historical information in profiles I don't see why not...

+Support
Real1
I like this idea. Maybe it can even show how many/what maps you are in top 40 on?
FurukawaPan
Having some mercy on the database, I really believe that your profile should only list maps which you are currently #1 on and not simply because you've placed in the top40 on that particular map. My profile would probably crash if it showed every map I had a top40 score in :P

Not to mention Cyclone or White Wolf...
Real1
FurukawaPan

Real1 wrote:

james039 wrote:

Having some mercy on the database, I really believe that your profile should only list maps which you are currently #1 on and not simply because you've placed in the top40 on that particular map. My profile would probably crash if it showed every map I had a top40 score in :P

Not to mention Cyclone or White Wolf...

Hmm, how about showing the number of maps you have achieved top 40 in? As well as a list of maps with recent #1 ranks...?
That sort of tally would probably be more reasonable. Only requiring a +1 on your total when you place in the Top40(and your previous score was not in the top40) and a -1 If at any point in time your score becomes #41

Maybe my logic is not 100% but listing #1's at first would be an easier feature to add, methinks.
peppy
I can probably work something out if we only consider the top40 places. We shall see.
Sleep Powder
Maybe my logic is not 100% but listing #1's at first would be an easier feature to add, methinks.
I think it would be easy to since profiles seem to manage showing when you gain or lose a #1 rank already.
anonymous_old
Derekku
Ranks 1-40 seem like a lot... For highly ranked players, that's almost every song. >.>;

1-10 or something might work a little better... I dunno :o
Sleep Powder
#1's don't shift much so it might be easier to handle...
Derekku
Personally I'd just like to see #1's (with an updated way to see if you lose your #1 too) :S
anonymous_old
Presently there are 1721 ranked beatmaps and 26 approved beatmaps. I would estimate 3 maps per set. That's (1721 + 26) * 26 = 45422 entries for only #1's, or 1816880 entries for any top-40 position. I would definitely go with #1's, because in addition to almost two million rows you have to manage, there's also the issue of concurrency (hopefully locking can be done) and having to keep track of which of the top-40 the player is in.
show more