forum

[resolved] Tech Support General Question Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
APTXx4869
Issue: My dash is stuck on CTB mode.

Description:Whenever I try to play CTB since the last update, my dash is stuck on. I can NOT turn it off at all. If it's any help, I have my dash key set to space. :?
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
Several people have been experiencing this issue. If unplugging and replugging your keyboard doesn't fix it, then I'm not sure what to suggest. I don't know why input would get stuck on your system.
KeySoryu_old
Issue: Can''t Connect to Bancho.

Description: A friend is trying login his account but the game keeps loading for a infinite time. He can login in osu's page without problems, problems appears when he want to login to play. Any ideas?

Cheers.
XPJ38
Did he try the different solutions mentioned in this thread?
KeySoryu_old
Yes, he tried all solutions :(
Edit: He didn't try 3rd solution because he doesn't know how to add exceptions to the blacklist, can anyone tell me how to do this?
Cya~
17VA
:arrow: unable playing osu when I updated last released version

Error Message :
System.ArgumentException: 값이 예상 범위를 벗어났습니다.
위치: Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Present(tagRECT* pSource, tagRECT* pDest, HWND__* hOverride)
위치: Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Present()
위치: #Yc.#ed.#Ju()
위치: #Yc.#4c.#st()
위치: #Yc.#4c.#rt()
위치: #Yc.#4c.#Ct(Object , EventArgs )
위치: #Yc.#8c.#Zt()
위치: #Yc.#nd.#dw(Object , EventArgs )
위치: System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
위치: System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
위치: System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
위치: System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
위치: System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
위치: #Yc.#nd.#It()
위치: #Yc.#4c.#It()
위치: #Wo.#Vo.#0qb(String , Boolean )

This error appears randomly, and shut down.MY SS
CPU : i7 3630qm
VGA : gt650m

It's same when I reinstall netframework, osu, nvidia graphic driver too
Dumie
Anyone watched the replay for Cookiezi on The Big Black? I think it's still broken, he missed one around 530x or so i think 0w0;
ellewong
Hi,
I've recently installed Osu! on my Windows PC tablet. Yesterday I had only about 2 beatmaps and it was working fine. Today I downloaded a couple more beatmaps but now regardless of which song I try to play it comes up all blocky with no transparencies so I can't play because I can't tell where to be clicking!I've tried shutting the program down a few times and it starts up looking fine but as soon as I go to play any song it starts looking all stupid. Here's some screen shots:

XPJ38
Have you tried switching the renderer in the options?
Winshley
@ellewong: Tried reinstalling graphic card driver yet? It probably went corrupted.
awesomeoverlord
Issue: Beatmap cant be played??
Description: it keeps saying that osu doesnt have permission to play the beatmap and keeps saying to force permission or whatever and i went to maintenance and i did that but it still wont work. i 've had this problem for a couple months now and i've reinstalled it, turned the comp. on and off a million times and still....
NOTHING
help me plz T^T :cry:
Farfromover
osu just can't import any maps anymore, I deleted a lot of maps, so no space can't be the problem... It tells me all maps are incomplete or corrupt. I think it might be paranoid .__.
Alma Wade
I've moved songs from one computer to an other but they don't work, i did the same for a skin wich worked. How do i get these songs working
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
These are issues that are best made into their own threads. Beatmaps not detecting is a bug. There is no easy fix. Manually drag the folders out of and back into the songs folder.
Wojowu
Issue: Cannot connect to Bancho
Description: Today I had lag spike in Osu, and then it crashed. After reopening I couldn't login, because of connection fail. I tried every solution I found, nothing works.

EDIT:
Problem resolved itself after several hours. Now everything works fine.
Z2er
hi i ve a problem ( osu gameplay won't start anymore . no edit no gaming no spectating are inactive) so plz any help about this issue :idea: :D
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
What specifically is going on with the game? Is it not starting? Does the window open?
[Kuroyukihime]-
Issue: Nvidia GeForce 8100 can't support osu! ?

Description:
Recently my Nvidia 210 graphics card got dirty and changed it to the one above. but after that it says that my graphics card can't support Shader Model 1.1+ and i need to swap OpenGL and i need to press yes for that. after i pressed it it just loads forever and can't connect to the game. i already tried repairing/reinstalling it but nothing changes. is my graphics card really not compatible for it?
XPJ38

[Kuroyukihime]- wrote:

Issue: Nvidia GeForce 8100 can't support osu! ?

Description:
Recently my Nvidia 210 graphics card got dirty and changed it to the one above. but after that it says that my graphics card can't support Shader Model 1.1+ and i need to swap OpenGL and i need to press yes for that. after i pressed it it just loads forever and can't connect to the game. i already tried repairing/reinstalling it but nothing changes. is my graphics card really not compatible for it?
If the game is running, that means your GPU is compatible, no worries. If it can't connect, it's another problem. Try the different solutions mentioned here.
Ajo Joestar
nvm
Jantsi
Issue: Nearby filter not detecting any players

Description: Just over a week ago the nearby filter stopped showing nearby online players, even those who live less than 5km away from me.
Haya

jantsi wrote:

Description: Just over a week ago the nearby filter stopped showing nearby online players, even those who live less than 5km away from me.
The Nearby filter detects players for me tho. So it might be only you who can't find any players.
Patyfatycake
Just found a bug and fixed it so Il post the bug/issue and the fix here incase anyone has the same one.

Issue: Not updating local rankings(See left and the song on the right).

image: http://i.imgur.com/i5K5R7c.png

Just change from local to global rankings and it updated.

If this doesn't belong here sorry and remove it :P
kuigliii
For the past 3 days or so it sometimes takes me a while to log in and the game also feels (a little) laggy sometimes. What could be the cause of this and how can I fix it? O:
Parhellion
Issue: mouse snaps to random places

Description: i have windows xp but i dont think that this changes something. when i play osu my mouse sometimes randomly snaps to random place a couple of times really fast. p.s i bought new mouse just to know is that my mouse's fault. Any help would be appreciated. and sorry for mistakes im really fresh in osu community.
KinkiN

kuigliii wrote:

For the past 3 days or so it sometimes takes me a while to log in and the game also feels (a little) laggy sometimes. What could be the cause of this and how can I fix it? O:
Check your internet connection ?
kuigliii
Well, obviously. But what exactly should I check? Everything else seems normal. Also other games like League of Legends are running perfectly fine.
MangoTsu

kuigliii wrote:

D: I have this same problem. I get random fps lag and it makes me get lag misses and such. Everything from my side is fine, everything else works and nothing has changed :c
Oh also I did try to restart my computer and changing the fps settings in-game but nothing changed zwz
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
Are you referring to input delay or actual lag? Actual lag means every part of the game responds slowly. The most likely cause for input delay or lag in general is your CPU being overworked. Perhaps your computer is overheating. FPS spikes generally can be resolved by using a framelimiter. Using a framelimiter will reduce the strain off the CPU and you shouldn't have such spikes.

Other things you can try:

Turning off unnecessary processes.
Setting your graphics card driver settings to focus on performance instead of appearance.
Dumie
Issue: slow tablet movement

Description: so I've been using my Wacom Intuos5 for quite awhile now for osu and it works really well. But 2 days ago, when i opened osu, the cursor seems to have delay. The cursor is moving at a slow and smooth pace which doesn't match how i move my pen. It's really bothersome since it's almost like it's gliding behind where im actually moving and i can't hit a single circle now O.Olll. This happened to me once and magically it fixed itself without me doing anything about it, but it only lasted a couple hours. It's been 2 days now and i still can't play osu OTL. My tablet works perfectly fine on anything else, just not osu...
Help~~~ o3o;;
Dumie
Nevermind =w=;;; I figured i was on vertical sync xP
AleGabri
hallo . where go the screen after make you ? sorry for my english
Knarf
Do you mean you cannot see the screen after opening osu?
Hold shift when opening osu, and click 'No' to OpenGL.

btw, as Marcin said, don't bump old thread.
p/2429651
Marcin
I think more like, he asks where screenshots are save (following the topic you linked, and it's title).

Check your osu! installation folder, under "screenshots" (Default: "c://program files/osu!/screenshots")

Or if you want to upload them to server, simply shift + f12 and link will open in your default browser.
Indiocracy
Issue : reporting other players

Description : When I see a top scoreboard, there's a report button
I click "report". I think "report" button will show me how the player get the score. there's showed up a message box from osu. I'm not read it, and I clik yes. nothing happened. I try it once again, and I read a message box. There's say " you're about to report this score as foul play. false report will be punished". OMG. I have clicked yes before. >:(

Question : what a punishment I recieved if I really make a false report ?
what sould I do ? :(
MillhioreF
Don't worry, mistakes happen. You won't be punished for one false report, especially if it was a mistake - just don't do it again.
Jantsi

jantsi wrote:

Any help with this one? I've tried running osu! as administrator and without it. Also tried opening some ports and running it in compatibility mode.
Indiocracy

MillhioreF wrote:

Don't worry, mistakes happen. You won't be punished for one false report, especially if it was a mistake - just don't do it again.
really ? ok.. I'll not do it again.. :D
I feel so guilty..
thank's for your help ;)
LexiaLovesU
0k my beatmap wont submit it says its not mine but the name of creator is mine and the id is 0 and the set id is -1 and the aimod said the the unicode title and artist conflicts with the diffs and it also said that letterboxin breaks conflicts with the diffs pls help me
Topic Starter
TheVileOne

jantsi wrote:

jantsi wrote:

Any help with this one? I've tried running osu! as administrator and without it. Also tried opening some ports and running it in compatibility mode.
There is nothing you can do about this. If it doesn't fix itself then it's probably due to the fact that this filter is inaccurate. This inaccuracy may not be due to osu! and likely will not be looked into very soon.

onepiece314 wrote:

0k my beatmap wont submit it says its not mine but the name of creator is mine and the id is 0 and the set id is -1 and the aimod said the the unicode title and artist conflicts with the diffs and it also said that letterboxin breaks conflicts with the diffs pls help me
The folder name matters too. Change it!
show more