forum

Most Played Beatmaps - Show Time Spent on Each Map

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +88
Topic Starter
Friggles
At the moment the most played beatmaps section of a players profile only shows the amount of times the beatmap has been played and orders them this way. This is inaccurate because firstly some beatmaps are significantly longer than others and secondly plays that only last for part of a map are counted as a full play. I think that the amount of time spent playing each beatmap should be shown next to the amount played and the most played beatmaps should be ordered this way. This could additionally be implemented for a players overall playcount showing how many hours in total they have played osu! for.

There is a major problem in the fact that osu! has probably not been recording the time spent on each play, so it would be difficult to estimate the amount of time everyone has played on each beatmap (to date).
boat
I find this to be a pretty useless statistic even as it is of now. Why do you care?

Logging the duration of each individual play would result in a lot of useless strain on the server, and if it's merely to count hours logged on then the metric would show literally nothing. I'd have several thousands of hours despite that I don't even play particularly much simply because I never really close down the client.

Friggles wrote:

I find it interesting to know how much time I have spent on a map :D
Albeit it may be interesting to some, it's no more useful than logging playcounts on the map. imo, at least.
Topic Starter
Friggles
I find it interesting to know how much time I have spent on a map :D

I don't think the strain would be to bad, as the server is already counting the plays, counting the time would not be to different.

It is also more consistent, as play counts are not an accurate measure of time spent on a map the Most Played Beatmap section is misleading. For example I have 716 plays on http://osu.ppy.sh/b/17076 (Super Smash Bros. Melee) and 630 plays on http://osu.ppy.sh/b/229380 (Paranoia). Even though Super Smash Bros. is my most played map I have spent way more time playing Paranoia. Super Smash Bros. is only 54 seconds long and Paranoia is 3 mins and 36 seconds long. There are other factors involved like how long each play lasted, I was playing with the perfect mod on Super Smash Bros. so i probably died earlier on many plays.
theowest
I've had the same thought but for time spectating someone, pretty much the same idea though.
This will really show how much you've played the map, most tries are instant.

example: I've retried this 291 times: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/131891 but I've only fully played it about 14 times.
jesse1412
This would be such a depressing statistic to see, but why not.
VoidnOwO
:)
theowest

BRBP wrote:

What about HT/DT?
Would this apply to relax and autopilot?
What happens if you pause, would the time still run?
What if you listen the whole song intro before actually starting to play, would that count as well?
And break times?
ranked only.
drain time only
doubletime scores would make the drain time 1.5x shorter or 0,75x the length.
maal

jesus1412 wrote:

This would be such a depressing statistic to see, but why not.
Kyonko Hizara
I would prolly cry at some of the maps
TheVileOne
I wouldn't find it that useful, because the top plays has no relation to how long you've played it. It wouldn't show you which songs you've spent the most time on.
Topic Starter
Friggles
Ah, I could be clearer. The purpose of this request is to sort the most played beatmaps section by time spent on each beatmap, rather than plays. So the beatmaps that you have actually spent the most time on will be showed.