forum

[Archived] New cursor is not rotating perfectly

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Astom
New skin elements posted in t/119648 aren't rotating correctly, same with new elements made with the same dimensions.

1. Make 2 new imgs, of 21x21 and 63x63 respectively.
2. Make a + symbol of 1 pixel perfectly centered in each one (use different colours).
3. Go to skin selection and watch closely.

imgs made with even dimensions don't have this problem, for example, 22x22 and 64x64 pixels.
If this behavior is on purpose then don't mind this.
theowest
I feel like it makes sense to not rotate perfectly with uneven dimensions.
Winshley
I'm not sure whether it should be odd or even number dimensions that's not rotating properly.

I thought that it should be the odd one that could rotate properly since it has middle point anyway.
Topic Starter
Astom

theowest wrote:

Uneven dimensions gives you a perfect center point to rotate. Makes more sense uncenter your img for a non perfect rotation.
she_old
how do you make a 1px "+" symbol?
RBRat3

theowest wrote:

In a perfect world it should be one pixel center for odd and 4 for even when at 1:1 or in the case of center lines 1 for odd and 2 for even.
I'd have to poke at it...

she wrote:

You just did it "+"

EDIT: I think peppy posted the wrong cursors or it got changed ooor it was just to show the parts off and not to be used as a template :P
theowest
oh right, my bad.
she_old

RBRat3 wrote:

she wrote:

You just did it "+"
it looks bigger than 1 px though, more like 9 pixels.
RBRat3

she wrote:

it looks bigger than 1 px though, more like 9 pixels.
Think inside the box...

Anyways the rez isn't suppose to be odd and the ones in that thread are wrong (as of now), I assume the game doesn't know what to do with odds for a center. Make it even an all is right with the world...