forum

[CANCELLED] osu! Team Tournament Series!(4v4)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Azer

fartownik wrote:

whaddup yo

finishing up mappools. They'll be ready anytime from tomorrow to a few days.
AmaiHachimitsu
I'd like you to present all the teams with its members' nicknames in the first post. Seems like some teams applied for the tournament via PM and basically we don't know who we're going to play against. Cards should be put on the table beforehand in my opinion, especially when some teams have already done so.
Arthus

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

I'd like you to present all the teams with its members' nicknames in the first post. Seems like some teams applied for the tournament via PM and basically we don't know who we're going to play against. Cards should be put on the table beforehand in my opinion, especially when some teams have already done so.
He already presented all the teams. Click here for the teams.
Macacito
this tournament isnt going to end, its been here for 2 months already
you can already lock this thread, thanks
Topic Starter
Azer

Macacito wrote:

this tournament isnt going to end, its been here for 2 months already
you can already lock this thread, thanks
I'm touching up the last few things, shh bakacito.
Macacito
are you buying me the suporter tag we bet?
AmaiHachimitsu

-Arthus- wrote:

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

He already presented all the teams. Click here for the teams.
Thanks, I'm dumb.

I'm touching up the last few things, shh bakacito.
Took you a while :S

#edit: Just saying, people didn't expect that this Tournament would take 2 months to start. Personally I hoped that I'd be able to play most of matches a bit earlier since finals and vacations are coming soon. Now everything gets complicated and I have no choice but to believe other players have their plans for the following months too. Due to such delay I'd like you to create a possibility for a substitute player/s. If not, just let the teams play even if all team' members are not present.

Btw what takes you so long? Don't tell me you've been picking maps for over two weeks.
Sadolution
still no mappool :(
AmaiHachimitsu
Still no answer. I don't know if I can look for someone who would play instead of me. I don't know if the tournament will ever begin. Only thing I know is that this tournament seems to be a bit too much for Azer. Picking maps should last for max 5 hours if one wants to browse older maps too, for all the divisions.

Well, he had enough time to change his avatar pic twice, so I guess he hasn't been gated by parents or sth.
The Muffin Man
I'm getting restless too. Starting a couple weeks ago would have been perfect timing, and it seemed reasonable, but the Skype conversation isn't really very productive, and any mention of the mappool goes unnoticed.
Vmx
rip
AmaiHachimitsu

Vmx wrote:

rip
Topic Starter
Azer
Things changed and I'm sorry for the lack of communication.

The tournament most likely isn't going to happen.
Starry-

Azer wrote:

Things changed and I'm sorry for the lack of communication.

The tournament most likely isn't going to happen.
How so? Speak to me on skype. After all this prep and like half a mappool to go, why not.
Pizzicato
why not? mind explaining why? D:
Synchrostar

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Vmx wrote:

rip
AmaiHachimitsu
why not? mind explaining why? D:
My assumption:

Scarlet Devil_old_1
On an unrelated note, what anime is that?

Also... shouldn't you update this and say this isn't happening?
imagaK

Nyanderson-kun wrote:

On an unrelated note, what anime is that?

Hyouka
Pizzicato
:C
Swatty
Azer plz
hATEISMYWAY
so macacito was right all the time right?
AmaiHachimitsu
Maybe Macacito = Azer and he wanted a free supporter tag won by betting?
Synchrostar

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Maybe Macacito = Azer and he wanted a free supporter tag won by betting?
ohshit
AmaiHachimitsu
Starry-
;w;
I guess I can say I'll be taking over this tournament series then. With help from a few other people I can get the mappools out by Sunday hopefully, however I do need everyone's support, otherwise there clearly is no point.
The Muffin Man

Starzd wrote:

I do need everyone's support, otherwise there clearly is no point.
I'll definitely help out in the tournament now there's a chance. I have some beatmap knowledge, but might be better suited to the logistics etc.
So far, I've downloaded Azer's spreadsheet and have modified the layout a little. I'll give my opinion on the current S Division mappool later.
AmaiHachimitsu
1. PM all the team captains as to know which teams will participate and which will not.
2. Ask some people to help with maps, check owc threads, maybe some of those pickers will be able to help.
3. Do sth about the first post. Since it's Azer's, you probably won't have the right to update it. Ask some mod to locate your post as first (by deleting the previous ones) and paste everything from Azer's post there with updates.
4. Most important: set a period when the tournament is likely to be open. It doesn't have to be very exact. Just make sure we, players, can decide if we are able to play in the tournament or not.
Starry-

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

1. PM all the team captains as to know which teams will participate and which will not.
2. Ask some people to help with maps, check owc threads, maybe some of those pickers will be able to help.
3. Do sth about the first post. Since it's Azer's, you probably won't have the right to update it. Ask some mod to locate your post as first (by deleting the previous ones) and paste everything from Azer's post there with updates.
4. Most important: set a period when the tournament is likely to be open. It doesn't have to be very exact. Just make sure we, players, can decide if we are able to play in the tournament or not.
Thanks for this, I'll take most of it into account.
Working on the mappools as we speak, with help from a few other people.

People who also would like to give their help in organising the tournament will be highly appreciated. ^^
The Muffin Man
Speaking of working on mappools, how should we discuss our choices? I'm happy to continue using the Skype conversation for now. I also have a permalink Dropbox folder for all of my osu! TTS materials - should I post it here?

I began on A Division yesterday, but I'm not exactly sure what skill level we're going for, so I made 2 short lists (easy + hard) for the moment. Need to check them over with other people. I'm typing them up now.
Macacito
yep i was right
where's my suporter tag i bet?
Macacito
i want my suporter tag, im tired of owning everyone multiple times and not getting an award
Orteiga
can someone please shut this guy up? thanks.
Macacito
no pls
imagaK
#FreeMacacitoAndGiveHimSupporter

AmaiHachimitsu
Seems like this thread can be closed now
Macacito
suport then lock ty
The Muffin Man
I'm a little sad this didn't happen. Having teenagers organise a big and difficult event in during exams does kinda seem unlikely now that I consider it, but everyone involved was too lazy, including me when it was planned to be started up again. I'm sorry to all who got excited and took time over creating teams and sorting times (myself included).
I agree, though, that locking this thread might be the way to go for now. Perhaps the competition will be picked up later, maybe during the summer.

Macacito: PM Azer, I don't think he checks this thread any longer.
Macacito
he's ignoring me on skype that sob doesnt give my suport
Synchrostar

Macacito wrote:

he's ignoring me on skype that sob doesnt give my suport
#rekt