forum

Eluveitie - Havoc

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Honeybadger_old
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on den 11 april 2013 at 13:52:13

Artist: Eluveitie
Title: Havoc
Tags: folk metal
BPM: 140,1
Filesize: 5280kb
Play Time: 03:57
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2,79 stars, 292 notes)
  2. Hard (4,76 stars, 531 notes)
  3. Normal (3,83 stars, 339 notes)
Download: Eluveitie - Havoc
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Hello!
Second beatmap, ever. I'm working on this one side by side with my more complete map. This one is -fun- to map!
----------------------------------------
Changelog:
13-04-10 - Uploaded the map. As of yet, only Easy and Normal are complete.
13-04-11 - Added a hard difficulty. Not yet complete, very similar to Normal in some places. Very hard in other places, maybe too hard.
BusterBeachside
AiMod's got ya covered. :lol:

Normal:
00:41:541 (2) - Move this one closer to (3). (3) is the next one AiMod reports, so just move that one and (4) while trying to keep the other ones in place without breaking the distance snapping. Latest note you should have to go to it (2) on the next combo.
01:57:237 (2) - Just move this one closer to (1). Depending on where you move it, you shouldn't even have to edit (4).
01:58:950 (8) - This one also has a bit of a jump, were these jumps on purpose?
03:09:177 (3) - Move this one a bit to the left.
03:29:413 (1) - Ah~, another common mistake. No two objects are EVER allowed on the same tick. You're either going to have to shorten the spinner or get rid of the slider. I would shorten the spinner a bit since the hit objects after it are pretty well-placed for this song. It only has to be one little tick, too, just so long as the spinner doesn't end on the same tick as the slider begins. But, since this is a Normal diff., it should end a little sooner to give the player some time to find their cursor after the spin. :3 I recommend putting it on the last white tick, I think it still sounds pretty good!

Aaand that fixes all of Normal's timing problems! :D

So I guess this was more a lesson on utilizing AiMod, haha. All I really did was tell you about the Ranking Criteria on that last one there. Since I didn't tell you anything AiMod couldn't already tell you, don't give me any kudosu for this post, please. :3 I'll look at Easy and take a more thorough look at Normal, probably when you get the other difficulty(s) uploaded! :)

EDIT: You're timing's gonna be just straight-up 140 BPM. Usually when it's really close like that, it's just gonna be the regular whole number. I noticed you had another timing section in there to correct it before; you don't need it with the timing set to 140 BPM. :3 Don't forget to hit "Timing > Resnap all Notes" after changing the BPM, just for good measure. Although it looks like you'll have to move some notes en-masse since they're all on blue ticks after that...
Eh, I guess that's worthy of kudosu now...? Haha. Here, I'll let you decide: http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38549
Topic Starter
Honeybadger_old

BusterBlazeFox wrote:

Normal:
00:41:541 (2) - Move this one closer to (3). (3) is the next one AiMod reports, so just move that one and (4) while trying to keep the other ones in place without breaking the distance snapping. Latest note you should have to go to it (2) on the next combo.
I don't actually know if all the jumps I made in this map were intentional. I don't think so. o_o
01:57:237 (2) - Just move this one closer to (1). Depending on where you move it, you shouldn't even have to edit (4).
Done. I should learn to enable distance checking thingie for lower difficulties.
01:58:950 (8) - This one also has a bit of a jump, were these jumps on purpose?
Fixed, (and no idea)
03:09:177 (3) - Move this one a bit to the left.
Done.

03:29:413 (1) - Ah~, another common mistake. No two objects are EVER allowed on the same tick. You're either going to have to shorten the spinner or get rid of the slider. I would shorten the spinner a bit since the hit objects after it are pretty well-placed for this song. It only has to be one little tick, too, just so long as the spinner doesn't end on the same tick as the slider begins. But, since this is a Normal diff., it should end a little sooner to give the player some time to find their cursor after the spin. :3 I recommend putting it on the last white tick, I think it still sounds pretty good!
I knew that. I totally did. I must've temporarily forgotten or something. Oh well, that's what mods are for right? Finding where you're being an idiot. I moved it to the last whole tick, sounds good enough.

Aaand that fixes all of Normal's timing problems! :D

So I guess this was more a lesson on utilizing AiMod, haha. All I really did was tell you about the Ranking Criteria on that last one there. Since I didn't tell you anything AiMod couldn't already tell you, don't give me any kudosu for this post, please. :3 I'll look at Easy and take a more thorough look at Normal, probably when you get the other difficulty(s) uploaded! :)

I'm not sure when I'll be getting the rest of the difficulties done. Later? x3 Thanks a tons, you're totally my favorite (and only so far) modder.
BusterBeachside
No problem! Check the edit on my last post, by the way. Your timing was off. :3
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.