forum

Osu! Tag Team Multiplayer Tournament

posted
Total Posts
show more
Celestral
Whooo~ I got back from my vacation :3
Nice logo O: Was it there before? I didn't see it before.
Go team --- *insert whatever team here* I dunno XD
Good luck to everyone ^.^
Lucidity
Some screenies~

Map 1

Map 2

Map 3

Team Fagboat 2 - 1 Team Does It Matter?

Thanks for the game guys :) It was tight.
Dangaard
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
himydanny
2-0 we win

Hanyuu
go go go himydanny :)

also jurgan and alex please contact us i have jurgan in my friend list but i only see doomsday online most of the time - we have to make our game :!:
himydanny

Hanyuu wrote:

go go go himydanny :)
same to you Hanyuu ❤ ;) wish to see your team in the Final Match!
cyanberryio
D: Where were you guys? Was I the only one on for Saturday? Gah... Well, soon I'm going to celebrate July 4th, so I guess it's pushed again. :(
Doomsday
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Hanyuu
gg jurgan and alex

cyanberryio
You forgot this screenshot. :D

freepost
Bluethefox
Wow nice job you guys, keep it up. ;)
Hanyuu
tehehe
Topic Starter
Gabi
im terribly sorry for the super delay of round 2. but it had to be done to save every other match so it wouldn't end with a walk over/DQ.

Team Animalz D: (Niedzwiedz1124, White wolf) and Team Untitled (Ignorethis, Leimiliya) are currently in pending due to white_wolf leaving unnoticed (blame niedzwied! :) ) to italy, but will be back very shortly, so you will find out who goes through soon.

also for round 3 i have removed the deadline and will instead decide the times after talking to each team. expect no long delays like this though.

agaain, i apolegise

currently 5am in the morning cant see read or write lol
Doomsday
by the looks of things, White Wolf is back
ignorethis
ok i'm sure white wolf will beat us xD

we messed up too much on time to air and brahms :(
niedz
dont kill me,dont kill me DDDDDDDD:
im back lol
Topic Starter
Gabi
ignorethis
ok congrats too~
cyanberryio
Yay! Round 3! Go Hanyuu & Doomsday! (Sorry everyone else :P)

What's Round Robin again?
Lucidity
>: Hawk has abandoned me for the superior faggotry of America :/ Will I be allowed to find a replacement or do I have to forfeit this round? :<
Gopice
>: Hawk has abandoned me for the superior faggotry of America :/ Will I be allowed to find a replacement or do I have to forfeit this round? :<
I would like to be that replacement if that's allowed ;)
DeathxShinigami
Lucidity
SPOILER
I do hope you don't make it into the finals purely via opponent forfeits. :<
niedz

Alex0686 wrote:

Yay! Round 3! Go Hanyuu & Doomsday! (Sorry everyone else :P)

What's Round Robin again?
D:

btw.about round-robin,aint it like there are all 3 teams playing at once?o.o
or first vs second,first vs third,second vs third and score is calculated?._.
Starrodkirby86
Round Robin...

Every time team plays each other once. The one who wins the most...goes on?
anonymous_old
I thought that was called Swiss.

Mmm.
Ryohan
Team two noobs (himydanny, x2652300) vs. Team Lubimy Ponczgi! (Ryohan, SeymourLyon)

1:2

himydanny
Ryohan
Hell yeah!
By the way - very good game :D I thought that we lost. That was fun :P
foulcoon

Lucidity wrote:

SPOILER
Eh Rolled and I probably would have beaten them out had he been able to play. I asked Gabi if I could substitute Cyclone but he wasn't cool with it (lol), maybe he would let you and I team up?
Lucidity

strager wrote:

I thought that was called Swiss.

Mmm.
No, Starrodkirby86's explanation is correct. Swiss calculates matchups in each round according to the amount of wins each team/player has. In a Swiss tournament every team does not play every other team. In a round robin all teams play one another. I think Gabi will be using a modified round robin structure though.

foulcoon wrote:

Lucidity wrote:

SPOILER
Eh Rolled and I probably would have beaten them out had he been able to play. I asked Gabi if I could substitute Cyclone but he wasn't cool with it (lol), maybe he would let you and I team up?
Yeah I spoke with Gabi about possible solutions, but he doesn't want to upset any competitors;p Said he'd ask peppy what would be allowed Oo Apparently White Wolf is also unavailable so that's 2 teams in this round that will forfeit...Hopefully he comes up with a suitable solution :o As long as the "substitutes" come from within the tournament I don't think it would be too unfair:< For instance I suggested that niedzwiedz1124 and I merge to create one team instead of forfeiting both teams :< Previous players who had to forfeit like you could maybe also replace or something :<
niedz

Lucidity wrote:

Apparently White Wolf is also unavailable so that's 2 teams in this round that will forfeit...Hopefully he comes up with a suitable solution :o As long as the "substitutes" come from within the tournament I don't think it would be too unfair:< For instance I suggested that niedzwiedz1124 and I merge to create one team instead of forfeiting both teams :< Previous players who had to forfeit like you could maybe also replace or something :<
i would agree,tho,if gabi would team us up,how would we solve it with playing?
we should play vs 2 teams?that would mean we would got 2 chances to go to the next round o.o
Lucidity
I dunno :/ I'm sure we can find a solution if we put our minds to it. Off the top of my head a 3-way match could be held.

Or maybe a Losers-bracket could be introduced with us being placed in there. himydanny's team would also go there because they lost to Ryohan's team.

The two remaining teams could then play and a 3rd team would join us in the losers bracket. Ryohan and the winners will then play in the Winner-Bracket's final and the losers of that game would become the 4th and final team in the losers bracket. That bracket will then play out and the winner of the losers bracket will face the team from the winners bracket? ;o

Pretty much a double elim structure.
niedz
someone,please,translate... x.X
Lucidity
Lol, if the new team name is Anifagz for example it would look something like this:

vytalibus
No, that's not how double-elimination works. If we were to have six teams into the double-elimination process, then a team will have to get two losses for it to be eliminated. The first loss will put a team into the losers bracket where it will have to fight against another loser team to stay in the competition.

The problem with this process is the number of teams. Since we have six teams, we'll have three winners and three losers in the first round. The match-up will be confusing after that, since the judges wouldn't know who should fight which.

I do believe eliminating three more teams to leave three for the Round Robin competition would be better, since they will have the chance to fight all the other teams.

EDIT: As for the poll, I don't see the problems of merging two members from two incomplete teams. They've made it that far. Surely it would be different if someone from a team that already lost would try to replace someone from the remaining teams.
Topic Starter
Gabi
A Poll has been put up on the first page to find out the oppinions of the participants about the merging. after voting it would be nice if you could post your reason too, or if you want to keep it secret you can pm me the reason.
Lucidity

vytalibus wrote:

No, that's not how double-elimination works. If we were to have six teams into the double-elimination process, then a team will have to get two losses for it to be eliminated. The first loss will put a team into the losers bracket where it will have to fight against another loser team to stay in the competition.

The problem with this process is the number of teams. Since we have six teams, we'll have three winners and three losers in the first round. The match-up will be confusing after that, since the judges wouldn't know who should fight which.

I do believe eliminating three more teams to leave three for the Round Robin competition would be better, since they will have the chance to fight all the other teams.

EDIT: As for the poll, I don't see the problems of merging two members from two incomplete teams. They've made it that far. Surely it would be different if someone from a team that already lost would try to replace someone from the remaining teams.
I know how a conventional double elimination tournament runs. Ideally you'd want 8 or 16 etc teams for it though. We're stuck with 5 so that's why I suggested this possible bracket which is sort of like a double elim bracket. :P

The 3 teams that haven't played yet this round could also just play in a 3-way match with the top 1 or 2 going through and then play the round robin as Gabi wanted before ;o These are just suggestions ;p

Also Vote yes \;D/
niedz
white wolf will be today(faggot finally sent me mail),but from personal things,i would want to continue to be in team with lucidity(if the pool will end with moar "yes") D:<
WubWoofWolf
*White Wolf cries (really) please don't kick me :cry:
show more