forum

Another ingame search feature [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Liiraye
I'd like to see a tag for certain types of maps like "streamy" maps, "singletap" maps and "other"(*). Just like a tag you have on your map info, you could start typing "stream" and the list would include - not only maps containing the word stream in it - but also mainly stream based maps.

Sometimes I find myself just endlessly searching my library for stream maps,. I think something like this would make it a lot easier and save lots of time.

The proposal is more or less to make a section in your editor, just as when you're tweaking on the difficulty settings. There you can check one box with the following options: "stream", "singletap" or "other".

You should also be able to label your library however you wish with these tags, but that would only apply to your library in order to prevent people from abusing this by labeling singletap maps as stream etc...

Lmk what you think, I personally couldn't find any proposal like this but if there is one, please tell me.

(*)
Definition of "Other"
"Other", being a mix between streamy and singletap based maps, or just fast maps with small streams here and there, namely most maps that aren't very stream/singletap based.
Marcin
Well, it won't probably happen for tagging the maps online with that, but locally - why not?
Topic Starter
Liiraye

Marcin wrote:

Well, it won't probably happen for tagging the maps online with that, but locally - why not?

Yes, that was part of my request as well if you'd read it :)

Thanks for the support though, I appreciate it.
MillhioreF
The new "Collections" feature should take care of this quite nicely. You can make a "Streamy" collection, a "Singletap" collection, etc. and add maps to them yourself without worrying about edit mode or whatnot.
(It's not in public yet, but it should be within a few days)