forum

Patterns that Prevent You from FCing

posted
Total Posts
show more
Naikaze
Square
Tidek
Fast and long distance snap streams, i cant follow it correctly ;_; (moving too fast or too slow)
Almost
I know most people find these easy... but a slider with a double straight after. I always move my cursor away too quickly :( .
buny
slider jumps
Marcin
It may sound stupid, but linear playing prevents me from fc'ing (like octagons, or some linear patterns, which are making spacing higher every hit).
Tshemmp
Isn't this thread a bit like this one t/78919?
JAKACHAN

Tshemmp wrote:

Isn't this thread a bit like this one t/78919?
"Post mapping techniques that annoy you" and "Patterns that Prevent You from FCing"

No

For some reason I have big problems with spread out triples. So you have one triple that's in the bottom left and then another one in the top left and they are spaced. I cannot do that I always end up missing one single circle out of one of them.
Kurangceret
Any circle/slider in the below part of the map often got me missed somehow.
Topic Starter
Aqo

this pattern on LKs' map messes with my head. It's the hardest part of the map. more harder than that extending square. and it's right in the beginning of the map which is frustrating as hell.
Lance
Buzz/hold sliders (Nature of Dying, Chipscape). Horrible things they are.
CXu

zozozofun wrote:

Squares, that is all.

Gatyaa420 wrote:

Square
^
sCam
some squares, but getting better at them.

Tidek wrote:

Fast and long distance snap streams, i cant follow it correctly ;_; (moving too fast or too slow)
and this ^^
she_old
Doubles and squares
Synchrostar
squares, stars, across-map jumps
basically 90% of all jumps
buny
Things that aren't even properly on the field too

MMzz

Synchrostar wrote:

squares, stars, across-map jumps
basically 90% of all jumps
^
lolcubes
Only tornado squares with incrementing spacing on bpm higher than 180.

Oh and sliderjumps during streams, those are terrible. Well, jumps during streams are terrible too, those disconnecting ones AHO does usually, ew.
Kuria
this

goddamn jump on the middle of the longstreams T________T

sometimes a kind of authentic stream like this can be very annoying too to play

also all kind of triangle/star jump with AR8/lower
Ableh
square/star jump
Tsukimi Luna
Only thing stopping me from Fc-ing is Deathstreams
If thats a pattern
Amefuri Koneko
Fast stars! No matter the size, I just can't do them ._.
Thatgooey

Lance wrote:

Buzz/hold sliders (Nature of Dying, Chipscape). Horrible things they are.
I have slowly forced myself to fix this by alternating my fingers and have almost fixed this problem. The only thing I have trouble with now is starting a stream with a different finger after alternating.

I think now the one pattern that gives me trouble is anything that is curved or circular patterns, be it slider jumps or streams. I spend so much time mastering squares, triangles, diamonds, lines, that drawing a curved, circular pattern is kind of hard. It hurts my brain whenever I can hit insane square jumps and corner to corner triangles with perfectly straight lines, but can't follow a C shape stream, or a snaking stream like a Dragonforce map. I guess it is because I focus too hard on keeping consistent tempo on my keyboard and lose focus on following the notes, and can't rely on muscle memory to draw a shape.
djjsixpack
Huge ass circles made with 1/2 notes like this.

And tornado squares on stuff higher than 190 bpm.

lolcubes wrote:

Well, jumps during streams are terrible too, those disconnecting ones AHO does usually, ew.
This too D:

I complained about it in the "mapping techniques that annoy you" thread a while back lol.
silmarilen
the huge ass jumps at the end of gabi's heavenly moon

Lapis-
any kind of triangle pattern or back and forth
Purple

Kuria wrote:

this

goddamn jump on the middle of the longstreams T________T

sometimes a kind of authentic stream like this can be very annoying too to play

also all kind of triangle/star jump with AR8/lower
@ 1st img, is that really rankable? O_O I'd have to check the BPM onve I get back on my computer, but if its 140BPM or more I'd say that looks like a Tag map.

I must say the back and forth pattern in airman confuse me greatly (the series of 1/2s that gradually increase in X distance but Y remains the same)
Topic Starter
Aqo

silmarilen wrote:

the huge ass jumps at the end of gabi's heavenly moon
oh god I hate those too
the jumps themselves aren't actually hard but the transition into them starts with a 3-note stack which makes the timing to follow up afterwards misleading
Kanye West
Any stream with more than 9 notes. Any type of pattern jump regardless of speed. Any kind of jump in general. Any type of stream or fast 1/2 that isn't compressed shiirn style. Any type of LC pattern. Any map above 180 bpm.
Saint_old
fast squares although these aren't really used much
same with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ftBHDG-sCc - 2:16-2:18, these things are the stupidest patterns ever invented
spaced streams
fast stars are fun as shit, aren't that hard though
-Soba-
patterns that are hard
Raging Bull
Almost
This with hardrock. Fucking unreadable bullshit.
VoidnOwO
:)
Soarezi
Huge jumps
silmarilen
stuff like this

lol making screenshots in osu and changing the position of fraps fps counter are linked to the same button
GoldenWolf
ew luv letter
winber1
ew goldenwolf

why can't you be diamond
sCam

winber1 wrote:

ew goldenwolf

why can't you be diamond
cuz of noob feeders
Anhedonia
1-2-3-4-5 on Redalice-Rapture

Plushies
Stacks where you don't have to move your cursor at all and you just click circles in place. BARASU of MIKOSU tag map has a good example of it, World's End near the end has another :S

SPOILER

This shit. WHAT IS THIS?!?!?
show more