forum

Your osu! Gameplay Enhancing Fittings! [Based on EVE]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BeatMaster007
Some idea born out of randomness and boredom as well as game crossover (because yes, we can)

osu! Gameplay Fittings and Equips

It is essentially where you post a sort of 'character/player equipment fitting list' of things that represent or focus on how you play osu! and how those fittings enhance your gameplay (in a sense). It is based on the ship fitting system in EVE Online. You might be free to post a different set of equipment using a fitting from a different game but not sure how that would work in osu! context. <<<important

*******************************************************************************************
Rulesets: (will change as needed)

High slots are for the things that interface directly with gameplay elements - where you fit things that blow up or otherwise interact with hitcircles, sliders, spinners, fruits , combos etc.

Midslots are for the things that enhance your gameplay on the neurovisual and social aspects. (might adjust some of this later)

Lowslots are for things that generally enhance your endurance / stamina, accuracy etc. (might also adjust this later)

High, mid and low slots each have a maximum of 8, but! the maximum nmber of usable slots must not reach 18 (if possible) or 21 (maximum limit allowed).
(Only ships that cannot be accessed by normal players have all slots usable - usually reserved for Game Masters and devs - this does not include Moderators)

Rigs are for enhancements for one gameplay aspect that apply penalty drawbacks for another. A maximum of three rigs can be used.

Subsystems... not sure if want. If you are a specialized kind of osu! player and know how Tech III Strategic Cruisers and Subsystems work, you can make a fit based on that.

Module Levels (Meta Levels)
Progressing by how good they are:
0 --- - Plain Jane Tech I module
1 - 4 - Meta Levels 1-4 Tech I modules, meta 4 being best tech I
5 --- - Tech II - better stats but more resource consumption (always Meta Level 5)
6 - 13 - Deadspace, storyline & faction modules
14+ - Officer modules = highest ratio of enhancing effects to resource consumption but should not be more than 3-6 fitted, with the exception of highslot weapon modules. May or may not be named after you, but you best be able to live up to it if you do.

Drones /pets are not needed but optional.

If you are confused as to how to make one yourself, a reference link is included for convenience.
http://eve.battleclinic.com/browse_loadouts.php

And if that isn't enough, here's EVE Fitting Tool - a piece of software where you can create your own fittings without even having an account!
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.as ... ts&t=24359 (for now, use the link in that forum page)

Please no excessively overpowered stuff - if you ain't Cookiezi, don't post an OP fit if you can't live up to it. Keep stuff balanced.

When commenting on other people's fits/equips, it's ok to be lulzy as long as you keep it civil or at least non-abusive on the commentary. Remember, this is done for OUR entertainment, mmkay?

My fittings as an example.

osu! Standard Mode Optimal Performance Fitting (stream stable cap up to 170 BPM, needs really good skills to fit n' fly)

Highslots:
4x Beatmaster007's Modified Mega Hitcircle Blaster
1x Heavy Energy Nosferatu II
1x Hitcircle Link Augmentor II
1x Salvager II

Midslots:
2x Tracking Computer II + 2x Hirtcircle Tracking Speed Script
2x Hitcircle Sensor Booster II + 2x Scan Resolution Script
1x Caldari Navy Adaptive 'Troll' Invulnerability Field
1x Large Ancillary Shield Booster II + Federation Navy Cap Charge 400
1x Prototype 100MN Microwarpdrive

Lowslots:
1x Mouse Field Stabilizer II
1x Tapping Accuracy Synchronizer II
2x BeatMaster007's Modified Tracking Enhancer
1x Damage Control II

Rig slots:
1x Hitcircle Strike Enhancement Appropriator (Increases hitcircle hit accuracy at the expense of streaming speed)
1x Hitcircle Collision Accelerator (Increases hitcirtcle hit reaction time at the expense of streaming speed)
(empty)

The idea was enhancing accuracy to the point where you can catch hitcircles that pop out of nowhere due to high AR (bar Hidden mod) and being able to SS FC nearly all normals and most hard maps at the expense of being able to stream faster than 150-170 consistently and reliably... And be able to fend off chatroom trolling whilst at it.

also, shield tanking ftw because armor tanking hasn't been fixed yet

*********************************************************************************************

Feel free to rate
GladiOol
wat
Mara
what the hell am I reading
Seph
??????
Tsukimi Luna
Defak's this shit....
she_old
I rate it a 13
Cyclohexane
99x OffTopic ThreadReport
99x SarcasmModule
99x MappingTheory Runes
99x SpeedRank Ticket

OP build, gg
Rantai
Myrmidon shield tanking with artillery.

Beautiful.

Seriously though, da faq?
Oinari-sama
Whoa too complicated!

Guess I'll settle with ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A B A Select Start

orz
Wojjan
My personal build is heavily special mode-oriented, with the main focus being daring tradeoffs: I leave out a lot of modules considered core in the metagame to get a maximum stat output which is close to minmaxing, really. Because I only fight in osu!mania standoffs I don't have to worry about things like mouse control, combo gain or even scoreboosts because the scoring hardly takes combo into consideration, and the max score is a million no matter what; this allows me to, when fighting people on accuracy-any-mode like any selfrespecting tourney organises it, outlast them just by being better at what I do. The build is costly, using the Ars Goetia set because 1) if you have the money for it, they are as a set the most cost-efficient out there right now, and 2) they look fucking boss on me.

Highslots:
1x MARQUIS SAMIGINA - Keystroke Death-row
3x MARQUIS MARCHOSIAS - 50-hit Auto-Parry.

Midslots:
1x MARQUIS AMON - Friend-Foe Radar I
2x MARQUIS RONOVE - Chronopause II
1x MARQUIS NABERIUS - Single-song Savestate (level 7 or higher only, you'll use it)
4x MARQUIS ORIAS - Isaac's Butterfly-Path Timehop (listed as 4x because this officer module takes up 4 slots (with good reason))

Lowslots:
1x MARQUIS FORNEUS - Counter-Night-Blindness I
1x MARQUIS PHENEX - Live Key-Reconfig II DX
2x MARQUIS SCOX - Accuracy of Faith
1x MARQUIS KIMARIS - Pentinence Guard II

Drone:
MARQUIS SABNACH - Hive of Life

//Spending a midslot on Amon might seem weird, because it doesn't count to the mid-set bonus, rather the all-set bonus which grants a lot of stats I don't exactly need, but I don't know of any other Marquis equips that could fit me better. I do play better when people watch me, so knowing when my friends are online might help? I dunno, this is all rather experimental.

//We all know Chronopause is broken, but because of osu! standard constraints not a lot of people can abuse it fully, and pausing wrong creates near-impossible jumps. By just eliminating most osu! standard elements, I worked around the take aspect of its give and take.

//Marchosias is often regarded a joke weapon, so why am I using it? Again, it is useless in osu! standard context, and even in most other modes, but because of the flat score cap on osu!mania the hurt your final score suffers from getting a 50 instead of a 100 is actually worse than a 100 compared to a 300. Besides, you'll see plenty of other mechanisms in place to prevent 100s (aside from not sucking #mlg #legalizegayweed)

//Scox is hilarious with Orias: On each possible timeline your accuracy luck is rerolled, so every time you fail a section you can try it again in a different timeline and hope to get a better crapshoot out of it. Even if you don't, Naberius backs you up as well: if you Naberiuswarp back to a point in the song BEFORE you used Orias you get nine rerolls. Nine. If Scox still gives you shit after that you just have to retry.

//Kilaris is played because of all the timetravel bullshit: I have had streaks of 20 songs where I haven't had to retry once, can you imagine the timeframe I had for 300* hits?

//If you can juggle your inputs right with Phenex, you can save some combos which are otherwise ridiculously hard on standard input. I especially love this together with chronopause, because it gives you the time to remap them during sections of play rather than having to learn by heart which config you want on each play section.

//Sabnach. Just, Sabnach. A drone-spawning drone. This is so going to get nerfed before OWC.

This is probably the first and only build on this site which gets the Marquis bonus (15+) without using the Andras, but the brunt of Andras' cost is in mouse speed and accuracy, which is useless to me. Enjoy, I guess, and comments are always appreciated.
Bweh
I see what you're saying OP, but I don't play EVE so I don't know jack about what to do here
mathexpert
I can tell that the OP put a lot of time & effort into trying to do this, but honestly I don't have a clue what this even is...

I'm going to leave this here anyways
Topic Starter
BeatMaster007

Wojjan wrote:

My personal build is heavily special mode-oriented, with the main focus being daring tradeoffs: I leave out a lot of modules considered core in the metagame to get a maximum stat output which is close to minmaxing, really. Because I only fight in osu!mania standoffs I don't have to worry about things like mouse control, combo gain or even scoreboosts because the scoring hardly takes combo into consideration, and the max score is a million no matter what; this allows me to, when fighting people on accuracy-any-mode like any selfrespecting tourney organises it, outlast them just by being better at what I do. The build is costly, using the Ars Goetia set because 1) if you have the money for it, they are as a set the most cost-efficient out there right now, and 2) they look fucking boss on me.

Highslots:
1x MARQUIS SAMIGINA - Keystroke Death-row
3x MARQUIS MARCHOSIAS - 50-hit Auto-Parry.

Midslots:
1x MARQUIS AMON - Friend-Foe Radar I
2x MARQUIS RONOVE - Chronopause II
1x MARQUIS NABERIUS - Single-song Savestate (level 7 or higher only, you'll use it)
4x MARQUIS ORIAS - Isaac's Butterfly-Path Timehop (listed as 4x because this officer module takes up 4 slots (with good reason))

Lowslots:
1x MARQUIS FORNEUS - Counter-Night-Blindness I
1x MARQUIS PHENEX - Live Key-Reconfig II DX
2x MARQUIS SCOX - Accuracy of Faith
1x MARQUIS KIMARIS - Pentinence Guard II

Drone:
MARQUIS SABNACH - Hive of Life

//Spending a midslot on Amon might seem weird, because it doesn't count to the mid-set bonus, rather the all-set bonus which grants a lot of stats I don't exactly need, but I don't know of any other Marquis equips that could fit me better. I do play better when people watch me, so knowing when my friends are online might help? I dunno, this is all rather experimental.

//We all know Chronopause is broken, but because of osu! standard constraints not a lot of people can abuse it fully, and pausing wrong creates near-impossible jumps. By just eliminating most osu! standard elements, I worked around the take aspect of its give and take.

//Marchosias is often regarded a joke weapon, so why am I using it? Again, it is useless in osu! standard context, and even in most other modes, but because of the flat score cap on osu!mania the hurt your final score suffers from getting a 50 instead of a 100 is actually worse than a 100 compared to a 300. Besides, you'll see plenty of other mechanisms in place to prevent 100s (aside from not sucking #mlg #legalizegayweed)

//Scox is hilarious with Orias: On each possible timeline your accuracy luck is rerolled, so every time you fail a section you can try it again in a different timeline and hope to get a better crapshoot out of it. Even if you don't, Naberius backs you up as well: if you Naberiuswarp back to a point in the song BEFORE you used Orias you get nine rerolls. Nine. If Scox still gives you shit after that you just have to retry.

//Kilaris is played because of all the timetravel bullshit: I have had streaks of 20 songs where I haven't had to retry once, can you imagine the timeframe I had for 300* hits?

//If you can juggle your inputs right with Phenex, you can save some combos which are otherwise ridiculously hard on standard input. I especially love this together with chronopause, because it gives you the time to remap them during sections of play rather than having to learn by heart which config you want on each play section.

//Sabnach. Just, Sabnach. A drone-spawning drone. This is so going to get nerfed before OWC.

This is probably the first and only build on this site which gets the Marquis bonus (15+) without using the Andras, but the brunt of Ahttps://osu.ppy.sh/forum/posting.php?m ... 321#ndras' cost is in mouse speed and accuracy, which is useless to me. Enjoy, I guess, and comments are always appreciated.
Nice min-max fit... i can't rate it though because i haven't even touched osu!Mania and don't plan on doing that anytime soon..

Rantai wrote:

Myrmidon shield tanking with artillery.

Beautiful.

Seriously though, da faq?
Actually, those are battleship-sized blasters, but once i get a tablet, i'll post a T3 fit with mediums. huehue

I do omniresist shield tanking with Gallente and Caldari in eve because i usually roll with resist+buffer -no local reps +logis and because we all know CCP hates armor tanking or something. Take it from soneone who's *tried* to dualrep an armor dominix and solo an L4.. it didnt work out too well.

And because shield Vindicators are just made of pure rape that way when fit for web + magstabs/dps + speed.

(AAR should be running off cap boosters, not Nanite Repair Paste... too darned pricey for something that consumes cap and has a longer cycle time for less repair amount -_- )
Rantai

BeatMaster007 wrote:

Actually, those are battleship-sized blasters, but once i get a tablet, i'll post a T3 fit with mediums. huehue

I do omniresist shield tanking with Gallente and Caldari in eve because i usually roll with resist+buffer -no local reps +logis and because we all know CCP hates armor tanking or something. Take it from soneone who's *tried* to dualrep an armor dominix and solo an L4.. it didnt work out too well.

And because shield Vindicators are just made of pure rape that way when fit for web + magstabs/dps + speed.

(AAR should be running off cap boosters, not Nanite Repair Paste... too darned pricey for something that consumes cap and has a longer cycle time for less repair amount -_- )
Oh I was just making a blanket statement on how I loved the shield Myrm, wasn't quite related to your build.

And yeah I used to run a dual rep Domi too, though I had no idea battleships could enter lvl 4's (unless we're not talking about deadspaces, in which I can only imagine you're talking lvl 4 missions which can literally be done by afking in a Domi unless something huge changed over the last 2 years).

... in the end I'd rather have an Ishtar.
Topic Starter
BeatMaster007

Rantai wrote:

And yeah I used to run a dual rep Domi too, though I had no idea battleships could enter lvl 4's (unless we're not talking about deadspaces, in which I can only imagine you're talking lvl 4 missions which can literally be done by afking in a Domi unless something huge changed over the last 2 years).

... in the end I'd rather have an Ishtar.
Oh, yes there have been a LOT of changes.

- NPC AI now change targets occasionally, and yes they target and pop drones if so inclined, so AFKing an L4 or complexes is not viable anymore (it was considered an exploit by CCP until they upgraded the NPC AI)
- buffed mining barges with big ore holds, and a specialized mining frigate - normal empire faction mining frigates are now logi frigs or drone frigs
- Racial Split impending for the generic Destroyers and Battlecruisers skills - will take effect on the next expansion patch, Odyssey (protip: train Destroyers and battlecruisers to Lv. 5 and all racial cruisers to Lv. 3 at least, and once the patch hits, you will get all the racial destroyers and battlecruisers at the level you trained the generic one to - since it's level 5, you get them all at level 5, meaning free SP or rather, no need to skilltrain them in the future if crosstraining
- An adjustment of prerequisites are made to smooth out the time it takes to specialize skilltrain for a specific ship type.. once Odyssey hits, the progression will be racial frigate Lv.3 > racial destroyer Lv.3 > racial Cruiser lv.3 > racial BC Lv.3 > Racial Battleship ...not sure about stuff after that. (Yes, the prerequisite for the next step up in ship sizes will be downsized from Lv. 4 to Lv.3)

..how long have you been away?
Cyclohexane
I'd really like to share the fun with you guys, I really do.

Unfortunately even League of Legends jargon is more understandable to the neophytes than this
Wojjan
You guys should probably move this discussion to the Video Games subforum!
Rantai

BeatMaster007 wrote:

Oh, yes there have been a LOT of changes.

- NPC AI now change targets occasionally, and yes they target and pop drones if so inclined, so AFKing an L4 or complexes is not viable anymore (it was considered an exploit by CCP until they upgraded the NPC AI)

..how long have you been away?
Oh wow so they actually fixed that lols, that's a good thing I guess (not for me if I ever wanted to get back in and make easy money though...).

2 years or something I think (a little after Incursion came out?)

Wojjan wrote:

You guys should probably move this discussion to the Video Games subforum!
Probably.
Ephemeral
this is the best thing i've seen in off topic for years

not sure if tears of joy or tears of despair
Bweh

Ephemeral wrote:

this is the best thing i've seen in off topic for years

not sure if tears of joy or tears of despair
Except nobody can figure this out except EVE players

Unfortunately this has a better shot at the Video Games subforum, not here
show more