forum

Storyboard 16:9 resolution forced into 4:3 [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kuro
Making an SB with a 16:9 resolution(ex. 1366x768) background is forcing the SB sprites into 4:3 resolution(ex. 1024x768).

1.) Use any Background in a widescreen resolution
2.) Create a flash, pulse, or darken the BG using another 16:9 background, or sprite if you want to call it.
3.) Congrats your SB'd stuff doesn't work correctly. Notice how even though the flash,pulse,etc. is in 16:9 resolution only a 4:3 box is being used.

In the design tab only the right side of the SB is cut off at an unknown resolution:

During testing the SB is being cut into 1024x768 or another common 4:3 resolution.

In the compose tab the SB sprites are still being cut into a 4:3 resolution.

Xierra
Since now it has widescreen support on BGs and Videos, I really hope there's nice widescreen SB support as well, while not breaking the older ones.
I dunno, maybe this can be a feature request too. The devs should improve this :3
Topic Starter
Kuro

Xierra wrote:

I dunno, maybe this can be a feature request too. The devs should improve this :3
Nah this shouldn't be a feature request because it's more of a problem than anything else.
Topic Starter
Kuro
Bump

I still need assistance or is there a work around for it?
zeroclover
Hmm, if you really want make widescreen SB

open OSB file
Put Rotation code (R,0,x,y,a,b) to every 16:9 pic sprites

and, 1024x600 pic size in folder =/= 1024x600 pic size when in editor (bug)

still not understand ?
just look this map for sure
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/181100

awowowo, goodluck for SB-ing
Topic Starter
Kuro
Oh, I didn't even notice someone replied

This actually works!? Everything is working as intended now!? :o

At first, I didn't see how adding a specific rotation to the sb actually made it expand to cover 16:9 resolution but after looking at the map you linked I think I finally caught on to what you were saying.
I also tested it with my original sizes which are mostly all 1366x768 and they worked too so now I don't have to resize them to standard resolution 4:3
Thanks zero!! I can't tell you how much I appreciate your assistance, you're a lifesaver man!!

Feel free to mark as resolved! My widescreen SB is working as intended now. ^^
ziin
the whole widescreen support for SBs is misrable
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/880780

The background seems to be cropped to 4:3 rather than have 2 black bars over it, which means that the edge of your scrolling background wobbles.