forum

Hello!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
xx4931xx
Hi! I am a semi-beginner on Osu, started out on August, 2020 (7 months ago). I play with a mouse and keyboard, and I can play 3.5* maps comfortably, trying to improve by playing some of the maps I like. I do play other maps and try to get into multiplayer games, but some of the multiplayer rooms have misleading names (like a room says as the name "1-3* beginners only" but the host doesn't change, and they only choose 4*-5* maps on Double-Time...) but oh well, sometimes I do find an honest room now and then.

I got Osu because a friend of mine plays it a lot, they are at the point of playing 6* maps on Hard-Rock comfortably. From when I started, I wanted to get to the point where they can play with me comfortably without getting bored, but now I realize that it'll take a very long time for me to reach 6* maps, and I can't even beat 3* maps on Hard-Rock (the circles appear too fast!) but I hope I will be able to improve as time goes on.

I have been trying to understand how to use a second finger to tap, and I've been kinda OK at doing so. Are there any tips or anything that I should know as I try? I love to try some of the 4* to 5* on No-Fail because I like the speed and challenge of it. I am playing every other day, and I hope I can improve!

Thanks for reading, and have a nice day >~<
Sugar_owo
Welcome!(even though you aren't so new) It's surprising to see so many of you all play with mouse, how is that possible o-o
Looking at your profile, you have a really good play time for someone who plays for every other day, which is great!
You are at a great start with stuff so far, keep this up and you'll be a great player one day! (5 star like how-)

Multi is like that sometimes, that's why I'm not playing with random people most of the time, as I'd bring a friend along with me -w-

6* on hard rock, goodness your friend is good.

If I ever play std (standard) I use 2 fingers on 2 keys if there is a huge line that goes on and on so that may help you. I also like the speed change of stuff too, but 4*-5* is kinda hard for me D:

As of I'm a main Taiko and Mania player, so I don't know how to help you improve much, but you're doing well as far as your current time playing goes!

stay in off-topic on the forumsssss
Topic Starter
xx4931xx
Thanks Sugar_owo, it feels great to have this reassurance XD