forum

Pen lifting prob

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
tempname1337
Hi, I just bought wacom bamboo pen and I have a problem. When I'm doing jumps or difficult parts I lift the pen too high and it stops working. It drives me insane. Could you give me a piece of advice about it?

thanks
patch
Just play more and keep at it.It takes a while to get used to hovering but it's worth it.
GladiOol
bro, do you even lift?!

just keep practicing and you'll get used to your tablet
Topic Starter
tempname1337
I'll try to keep playing and not kill myself, thanks for answering.
Liut
I had the same problem when i started, got used to it after 1-2 week.

Nice Misaki avatar btw
Topic Starter
tempname1337

Liut wrote:

Nice Misaki avatar btw
thanks xDl
theowest
this is exactly what made me drag for the rest of my tablet life. I should start hovering again. :(
Karazeru
I have a really hard time getting use to tablets. I have one, but I always use my wireless mouse for OSU and I suck at tablet play. Yet it's suppose to be easier? o.O
Pettanko

Karazeru wrote:

I have a really hard time getting use to tablets. I have one, but I always use my wireless mouse for OSU and I suck at tablet play. Yet it's suppose to be easier? o.O
Keep using the tablet until you get used to it. Tablet isn't necessarily "easier" than mouse as much as it's more consistent due to absolute positioning.
Topic Starter
tempname1337

theowest wrote:

this is exactly what made me drag for the rest of my tablet life.
how long did it last?
theowest
Start dragging? Since today. I'm still dragging, but I probably shouldn't.
Topic Starter
tempname1337
I meant how long did your tablet last with dragging xD
winber1
Generally I don't think dragging is much of problem for your tablet as long as you don't press unhumanly hard on the tablet. But in general, hovering is often time better, at least in my opinion, because you are able to get a sort of "flow movement" more easily which can be really helpful on streams and other patterns (as long as you get used to moving to different points on the tablet. It was awkward at first since it was hard to stop at specific points without the friction I get from dragging, but I got used to it). The only thing that will for sure be greatly decreased is the life of pen nib, which is easily replaceable.

also hovering masterrace
Soarezi
I drag, and it feels really light so i dont mind it.
d777b
I drag, but i put an overhead sheet (clear plastic the size of a piece of paper) over the surface of my tablet. It is pretty smooth, and my nib has shown no more wear after I did that.
she_old
My tablet didn't die from dragging(yet), but it sure is visible that I drag.

Dragging is really handy for me as hovering messes up my aim, but I notice that my aim is pretty bad.
buny

d777b wrote:

I drag, but i put an overhead sheet (clear plastic the size of a piece of paper) over the surface of my tablet. It is pretty smooth, and my nib has shown no more wear after I did that.
i used to do this too except with a blanket because it was comfortable
Almost

d777b wrote:

I use a ipad cover for mine. It feels a lot better compared to when you go without anything.
winber1

she wrote:

Dragging is really handy for me as hovering messes up my aim, but I notice that my aim is pretty bad.
lol i have a black spot not because i drag but because i hand is just sitting on my tablet all day. the black spot on my tablet isn't actually where my tablet area is lol.
she_old

winber1 wrote:

she wrote:

lol i have a black spot not because i drag but because i hand is just sitting on my tablet all day. the black spot on my tablet isn't actually where my tablet area is lol.
Mine always appears where my tablet area is, kinda.
When I use full area it's somewhere near the middle, but with small area in the corner it creates some sort of ear shape on the black area, I have it on my previous tablet.
show more